Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For my own part, because I miss and appreciate certain artistic/design-elements of the original Troll male that's been changed in the new... and secondly because even though they're clearly inferior in terms of pure graphics, at least the majority of the original 8 race models were finished and looked like they're of equal quality... Whereas if I play with the new model on my Troll dudes I'm clearly running around with a WIP product.

I'm kinda sad about this. Some of the new models are great but some aren't.
    My female NE, Orc and UD are great both with new and old models but my male Tauren and NE look like jokes. I guess I'll have to pay to change them into something else.

Old models were pointy and sharpy, low detail and resolution was crap. Yes, fine some of the animations looks stupid on the ones but get over yourself, that character is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Vast majority? Lets see when people who never read forums and dont know whats coming on Legion launch say about this.
    I wont unsub over new animation, but I will probably have less enjoyment and sour taste in my mouth while looking at my character while questing.
    Might actually put a duct tape on my monitor where my character legs are.

- - - Updated - - -

If only one person leaves beacause of this, its a loss for the game overall. Making animation worse then they were is real shame.

I guess they did put so many resources in new animations and they couldnt withdraw them, just to justify those resources in front of bosses.
    Yeah, let's see how most people won't care at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    b) I know you switch your char every xpac
    Ive played the same character since wrath lol
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Reverse nostalgia: everything old is bad, everything new is good, no exceptions. That's what some of you suffer from.

If they're gonna force us to use the new animations, they should atleast fix the myriad of issues that people have had with the new models... or just don't add the new spell animations to the old skeletons, just keep the old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    This won't drive you away from wow. If you leave, it is for other reasons as well.

And perhaps you should embrace the brave new world and toggle to the new models. Yes, they feel different for a few weeks. After that, the old models look clumsy and awful by comparison. I know it's all subjective, but I felt like you at one time, but tore off the band-aid and have enjoyed the new models ever since.
    normally its the same case here. but with this its another thing. i would love to say its not and have the hope, what you said happens to me. but i extremely doubt it. sad, but true

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornment View Post
    Are there really people whining about janky and "funny" run animations in a game with CARTOON-ish Artstyle that is janky and "funny" everywhere you look?
    Have you really payed attention to the world around your character? It´s janky as fuck, I could never get immersed into the game because of the nature of the artstyle.

Btw there is no "zero problems" when you deal with 12 YEAR old hardcoding. Just small things like say, increasing the bag space of your default bagpack brakes things in WoW you could never imagin they get affected. All because of 12 YEAR old hardcoding. And the whole T-pose talk is bullshit and you know it. We are talking about Blizzard, if they don´t get their way with things they ditch whole game projects. Just imagine how they would react to your perfectly fine T-poses.

Right they could have killed old models all together. But hey they didn´t they let you use your old models but gave them the new skeletons because of the new animations. Which btw they only left in because there are players out there having bad pc´s that could not run the new models. They did not do it for you nostalgia drooling "special" people. No they purely let them in so people did not have to buy new pc parts for their game.

Btw I love classic WoW and would play on Nostalgic Servers in a heartbeat if blizz would implement them but this whining about run animations when you are not even the target audience is just like a spoiled brat not getting his favorite lolipop because they changed the mixture and now it tastes just a bit different.
    yeah, maybe thats your oppinion on that things. and i would write maybe the same (code stuff excluded) but this IS a huge problem for my fun on the game. i be happy for you (no sarcasm here) that you dont have that problems. but for me, its very sad.

and btw: with zero problems i dont mean "you could do that in 5mins". i mean, with investment of an appropriate time (would say 1-2 man-weeks) its doable. in sw there is NEVER a problem you couldnt solve. the economic of it, is the key. how cost-efficient etc is it ? is it worth the gain ? etc. in the end you could even re-code a windows into a unix if you get 100+ devs and give em 100 years of time. in the case of that models it wouldnt be thaaaaaat huge to solve that. its just lazyness/money-descissions. thats all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Damn boy, you are so stubborn you can't understand some very simple thing (from technical perspective). They just CAN'T ignore everything for the old models...because there is more code to tie into animation system. You just can't ignore missing links in animation state machine chain when rest of the code is working with it. If you really want to handle two different skeletons, you actually have to create two different sets of code for everything tied to animation system. (or code has to be extremely conditioned which is not good either)..so again, you just don't understand the whole picture, and that's fine. But for god sake, can you at least listen to people, who know what they are talking about?
    "or code has to be extremely conditioned which is not good either"

exactly thas what they had to do. copy all code parts and make em conditional. since i am an sw architect, i exactly know HOW not good that is. but on a huge monolithic dumpling wow is, there is already a lot of that there. and you have to deal with such shit, when it comes down to legacy code. and imo sw from a users perspective is always more important than a devs perspective. i saw too many great designed sw code-wise, which was totally garbage on the surface and completely sucked for their users.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by theJademist View Post
    Really? You'd leave WoW over running animations?
    for some ppl this is crucial. i play since release. without interruption. have that statue and all that shit. i dealed with a lot of things in wow. and most of the time without any problem. and i also have the oppinion of "game has to evolve". changes are good. and i can understand that some ppl cant understand why exactly this change should be such a huge thing. but for me, and obviously some others, its very crucial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    What?
    The old animations are ridiculously stiff and static. Does anyone move like that?

Honestly, if you are leaving wow because of a change like that, it means you've stopped enjoying it a long time ago.
    i dont think so. i think its the exact opposite of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    This is NOT about old models overall, this is only about animations. New animations are just unnatural for body mass and size.
    Whole body behaves like character is jogging, while legs behave like sprinting at full speed.
    I would perfectly happy with new char models with old animations.
    yep. same here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxidecimal View Post
    Ok...Not sure how that is relevant here at all. I said nothing about you swinging first or even that you SHOULDN'T swing. Just that your post also lacked any sort of constructive criticism as well. And lets pretend for one moment I did insinuate somehow that you threw the first insult, is insulting someone back a adult thing to do?

Listen, I get it. This is the internet and sometimes JUST to even get someones attention you gotta be a bit edgy. I am not saying don't do it. I am saying temper it with something that is constructive. I actually am in your camp. I don't think it's that big a deal. It doesn't bother me that much, nor do I believe it should bother others that much. As others have said it's the nature of the game for changes to happen. However I do realize that my opinion isn't everyone. Though if you are going to come post in a public form being constructive and not just whiny about your criticisms for a game (or another persons post) goes a long way to actually helping the intended party's see things in a different light.
    i like the way you act. same things (not just that quote above, but most what you have written) are also often in my mind.

there is no other way for me to get a little attention on that change than posting it here. before i did that, i twittered to warcraftdevs. since blizz dont allow non-us players to post on their official us forums, this here is my best bet.

i totally understand that there are ppl out there, lovin the new animations. and there are ppl that dont care. for many it dont seem crucial. and i am completely fine with all of that.

but what would you do, if you would be in my position ? dont you want to raise your voice when a change hurts the fun aspect if a thing you belonged to 11 years ? ofc, some ppl would say: accept it. get over it. and thats fine. but i cant find a negative thing in a person which raise their voice and (blatanted said) fight for what he/she loves. there is nothing wrong with that.

and if all ppl accept everything, there is literally no forum ever needed on internet bc there is nothing to discuss or complain, nor will a company ever try to do more than the absolute bare minimum. if you i.e. accept (imagine not 1 existing complain about it) that there is no content outside of raids, for sure as hell, Legion would be A LOT another expansion.

you dont have to agree with me. you even dont have to understand me. ignore me. critisize me. thats fine. but dont come here, just to complain that complaining is stupid.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-07-13 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbruho View Post
    Why would you even still use the old models? That's the real question here tbh
    Because for me they are better.. They may be technically inferior (less polygons) but they look better for me. Graphics is not just polygon count
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Because some WoW players can't deal with change. So they complain all day on fansites but keep playing it. I love the new models and animations specially on my Orc and Tauren.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    because the new undead male for example looks like a complete unfinished joke?

inb4 you play something like belf where there's literally no difference

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Says the kid that started in wod in switches his main every month....

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for proving that your totally silly and dont belong into an RPGame at all.
    a) comparing a rp game with a jump and run is like comparing cars to bikes.
    b) I know you switch your char every xpac but I want wow to be the story about the char I started the jouney with and not sudenly instead of being peter parker having to play mike morales

- - - Updated - - -

fixed that for you.
    "knows how many times people have changed chars"

both have wheels, are ways of transportation made with metal, using chains, rotary motion, seats, steering handles, have breaks, different shifts and speeds, aswell as tube based tires, seem rather comparable :P
    "again knows how many times people have changed chars" also people age.. your person is not going to look the exact same in their 20s as they do in their 30s/40s....

derp?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    Because some WoW players can't deal with change. So they complain all day on fansites but keep playing it. I love the new models and animations specially on my Orc and Tauren.
    More like we're unhappy with changes that Blizzard themselves said they were endeavouring to avoid....

It's according to one of their lead developers that the revamped models can be considered a failure in some regards.

Those of us with an attachment to our old, original characters might very well be a minority, but that's the group they were aiming to satisfy, and a lot of us find certain aspects of the new models needlessly dissimilar and unrecognizeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    Not true... Male Blood Elves are severely affected by gross dissimilarity when it comes to face options, second only to Gnome females. Human males also suffer from the same issue.

Male Blood Elves are pretty buggy and flawed to boot as well, last I checked.

But I get the sense that a lot of players of male forsaken find them highly unrecognizeable especially in terms of casting animations, so for that you have my sympathy... this isn't a competition.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2016-07-13 at 02:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkina View Post
    because the new undead male for example looks like a complete unfinished joke?

por que? what looks unfinished joke about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    por que? what looks unfinished joke about them?
    Floating shoulderpads, glowing eyes are buggy

on top of bugs like this their animations look nothing like their old ones (except the melee attacking ones)

Quote Originally Posted by Morkrul View Post
    This is just silly. I love change. I love the new models and most of the animations. I seriously dislike the new female orc running animation. It's not enough for me to quit. It's not really that big a deal but if I did have an option to use the old animations I would.

It's just a preference thing. I just don't understand why people feel that people shouldn't complain? I think complaints should be tempered sure, but where else should they make their complaints known if not to other members of the community and a place Blizz has been known to frequent and read. Should they just write about it in their journal and keep it to themselves? I mean, if they do that then what would you have to talk about?

Don't get me wrong sometimes complaints can get out of hand, but rarely is it the subject of the complaint that is the issue rather it's the complaint structure.

Overall the new animations on the new models are fine. I believe the new animations are forced on the old models because of the new combat animations, which are almost universally smexy. In my opinion it's worth the loss of the old animations for those. Also the new combat sounds for Assassination are gnarly. Big Fan.

Deleted

still don't see how people can claim that the new undead or something is just an improvement over the old one, the difference is big enough for people to say they prefer the old over the new without haters just calling it nostalgia

on the whole the new/old model thing depends on race for me though, i'll gladly use the new models on something like a dwarf or gnome for example, but a race like undead I really can't stand
    Last edited by mmocb4e58f6c97; 2016-07-14 at 02:55 AM.

Deleted
    I started the jouney being peter parker and now suddenly I have have to play mike morales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    your person is not going to look the exact same in their 20s as they do in their 30s/40s....
    No matter the age peter parker doesnt turn in to mike morales....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uffe View Post
    Old models were pointy and sharpy, low detail and resolution was crap. Yes, fine some of the animations looks stupid on the ones but get over yourself, that character is the same.
    That IS the POINT hes NOT - thats why people STILL use the old models cause the new models dont look like the old ones at all....

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the new models are what the old models were suppost to look like back in the day. They just couldn't achieve it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have reported this since day 1 of the new models and it's still the same in the beta/ptr. Shoulders are just off,its like they are going to fall off and while moving it's looks even more retarded. Was able to counter that since I could use the old models but now that option is gone in a few days.

OLD

​NEW

@marinos I honestly don't see it. Maybe I have to watch it closer while in motion or something.