Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    What thread do we use to make fun of Celtic now?
    Honestly think if we got 11 guys from MMO-c, we'd probably beat that Gibraltar side.

Deleted
    Allardyce in talks to be the new England Manager.

Can't wait to see Andy Carroll start upfront for England.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Umtiti to Barca done then.
    Top class player and professional.

Good luck Sam hope you have a great career.
    I've not seen too much of him but he seems to be what people erroneously claim Stones is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post
    I've not seen too much of him but he seems to be what people erroneously claim Stones is.
    He's not a ball playing center back if that's what you mean.

He doesn't have bins for feet but I'd class him as a no nonsense defender who has a great awareness for danger and can read the game. Strong and pacy to boot.

Make no mistake the money they paid for him is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    Honestly think if we got 11 guys from MMO-c, we'd probably beat that Gibraltar side.
    yeah but what if brenda was the coach?

He's not a ball playing center back if that's what you mean.
    He seemed to pass well in the games I saw him for France and he has a good eye for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Ajax and PSV are pretty much the two top teams at the moment. Feyenoord is coming back from some financial problems luckily. Just below the top are Vitesse and AZ.

It's not so easy to analyse the problems in the Dutch league (beyond losing all our talents). I think partly our tactics are outdated. We like to play attacking football in the Netherlands and well that doesn't work so well anymore yet Dutch top teams religiously stick to 4-3-3. A bit of change is coming in that though, PSV played very mature football last champions league and was unlucky against Atletico.

Additionally, we lack world class defenders but defending in the Netherlands has never been a focal point. The Dutch football association is now trying to change that mentality. Similarly, the question has a risen should we get rid of total football, possession football hasn't been very successful lately and even Spain is struggling with it. It requires a near perfect squad like Barcelona to pull it off. Change has to come to Dutch football, and it probably will, but it won't happen soon, nor do I think a Dutch team will win the CL or Euro league unless some structural changes happen in transfers and salaries.
    I think the main problem really is that you're selling your players too fast. By now, the Dutch league is pretty much just a feeder league for the bigger leagues. Not sure how to break that cycle except... not sell stuff. This needs the player to want to stay at Dutch clubs, though. And for that you need some international success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It's mostly a Man Utd thing, you get so used to it that you forget it doesn't happen with other teams. Probably more annoying as a Dortmund fan having your best players linked with Bayern every window; and the rumours being right.
    Yeah, well... as long as they think they're a provincial club, they get treated like one. *shrugs*

They've had years of success, yet the big signings are missing. How do they expect to keep top stars if they don't supplement the squad properly? Tuchel is a bit of a mad genius among managers, so who knows what he'll come up with. I expect Dortmund to be on the rise again, though. That one year was one hell of a fluke. They're going to catch up to Bayern soon enough. And this time they should stop thinking like a provincial club and just act like an international top club.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

So can we create a Football Season 2016/17 thread now?

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone does, link it in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I think the main problem really is that you're selling your players too fast. By now, the Dutch league is pretty much just a feeder league for the bigger leagues. Not sure how to break that cycle except... not sell stuff. This needs the player to want to stay at Dutch clubs, though. And for that you need some international success.
    True, that is indeed definitely the main problem. Rarely players stay longer than a few years in Ajax or PSV. Davy Klaassen in Ajax is for instance an exception but most leave after 1-2 years only to end up on the bench in a foreign team which halts their development and hurts Dutch football as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    True, that is indeed definitely the main problem. Rarely players stay longer than a few years in Ajax or PSV. Davy Klaassen in Ajax is for instance an exception but most leave after 1-2 years only to end up on the bench in a foreign team which halts their development and hurts Dutch football as a whole.
    Well, what can you do. Not even Germany can compete with the wages paid in Spain's top 3-4 or the entire BPL. I was kinda hoping that the new BPL TV deal would somehow trickle down to the rest of Europe, but as long as clubs like Ajax practically give players away for free (in BPL terms anything under 10m is practically a gift), they won't be able to reinvest the money into better players or even pay the rest of their youths a wage that would keep them in The Netherlands.

And Germany has the same problem, except we're a bit fortunate in that our players at least have Dortmund and Bayern to go to if they want to play internationally on a meaningful level.

I hate to say this, but money is really becoming an increasing problem.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    yeah but what if brenda was the coach?
    Lamps gets a decent set piece & I'll nod in.

(Then durrty will slide in & ninja a goal)

debating whether or not to drop $200+ on going to this Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich match..

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    what ever happeed to the mmochamp fm team?

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    what ever happeed to the mmochamp fm team?
    Got bored half way through the season. Will resume it in the coming weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    debating whether or not to drop $200+ on going to this Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich match..
    For a pre season friendly that's absolutely outrageous.
    Last edited by mmocf3b228c4c6; 2016-07-14 at 12:14 AM.

For a pre season friendly that's absolutely outrageous.
    especially since a lot of the name players won't play

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Bit early, is it not. The season hasn't started, it's still summer football pre season stuff.

But if someone wants to create one already they can. This thread is staying open until the season actually starts though.

10+ Year Old Account
    First league game for me is August 6th so may be a bit early :P