Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And austria is considered safer than japan despite having 15% immigrant population. On the other hand yemen (1% immigrant population) and the central african republic (2% immigrant population) are in the top 10 of unsafest countries. Maybe mixture of culture hasn´t too much impact in how safe a country is.
    But it's Hana you are arguing with, so it's not about proposing a Scientifically sound, reasonable level of logic.

It's more like, she'll propose a very opinionated statement as facts, you'll do your best to argue it, she'll continue with said pattern - rinse and repeat.

And austria is considered safer than japan despite having 15% immigrant population. On the other hand yemen (1% immigrant population) and the central african republic (2% immigrant population) are in the top 10 of unsafest countries. Maybe mixture of culture hasn´t too much impact in how safe a country is.
    What is the crime per capita rate there?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hana Song View Post
    What is the crime per capita rate there?
    You have google, you can figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

You have google, you can figure it out.
    Doesn't find anything on google, it just gives this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Austria
    No capita rate
    Then you get this: http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_...ountry=Austria
    On that page also: http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_...?country=Japan and http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_...ry=South+Korea
    Both have better numbers than austria there and then you get this: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016...-applications/ and http://diversitymachtfrei.blogspot.k...crimes-in.html and other pages like that when you search for crimes in austria
    Where do I find the capita rate?

http://de.statista.com/statistik/dat...asylbewerbern/

to answer your bolded part...

I´m sorry, your ability to read between the lines obviously trumps reality and numbers.
    So he said that most asylum seekers last year in Germany weren't from Syria/Iraq and you link stats from 2016. You are doing exactly what he said, trying to make statistics look better by selecting carefully.

42.6% for 2015. So not even half the asylum seekers were from Syria/Iraq in 2015. Source BAMF.

Im not even suprised,germany is swedens brother now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people really surprised that unchecked cultural diversity is toxic?

There are some cultures that are simply incompatible with others. Quite frankly, if you went to Iran and demanded that they change their cultural values to suit yours, you'd be stoned.

A culture that has very specific guidelines on how women are property will have clashes with a culture that thinks women are individual fee people.

This was inevitable.

Racial diversity is no problem. It's culture. Always has been.

You can talk about 'melting pots' all you want, but the best ones include a large amount of integration.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

You're really misrepresenting cultures here. This is typical propaganda to impress the ignorant.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    So he said that most asylum seekers last year in Germany weren't from Syria/Iraq and you link stats from 2016. You are doing exactly what he said, trying to make statistics look better by selecting carefully.

42.6% for 2015. So not even half the asylum seekers were from Syria/Iraq in 2015. Source BAMF.
    And he left out afghanistan to make that claim, while the source he linked and answered to included afghanistan.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

And he left out afghanistan to make that claim, while the source he linked and answered to included afghanistan.
    With afghanistan that would still be only 49.7% . Not even half the asylum seekers were from this 3 countries!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    With afghanistan that would still be only 49.7% . Not even half the asylum seekers were from this 3 countries!
    Hu, you´re right. What happened to that 1 million refugees number? And why the hell are people still talking about these three countries when talking about refugees?

Deleted
    I hate these whistle blowers and whoever leaks information like this. It's kept hidden from people because they cannot process them reasonable. Germans voted for professional politicians who can do that and they should fucking trust them instead of overestimating themselves. Brexit referendum proved that more than anything - the people are not qualified to process most information that are kept away/hidden from them.

Hu, you´re right. What happened to that 1 million refugees number? And why the hell are people still talking about these three countries when talking about refugees?
    Well we were takling about "asylum seekers" somehow, not refugees. Asylum seekers numbers =/= refugees numbers. Fun fact: only 0.7% got granted asylum (Art. 16 a GG and family asylum) in 2015.

48.5% got refugee status, 32.4% were rejected. Deportation numbers should be way higher.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-07-13 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I hate these whistle blowers and whoever leaks information like this. It's kept hidden from people because they cannot process them reasonable. Germans voted for professional politicians who can do that and they should fucking trust them instead of overestimating themselves. .
    Couldn't disagree more. Politicians or anyone in power should never be given free reign and we just "trust" they know better. Transparency is always a better solution. Citizens should always be slightly paranoid or at least skeptical of their Govt. I'm not talking conspiracy theory crazy, but should never just blindly assume what is best for the people is being done.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So shall we compare safest to non safest countries in the world and look at their immigration numbers?
    So, you read the guys study and you've decided "IMPOSSIBLE!" Look that guy is a qualified researcher, who the fuck are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    So, you read the guys study and you've decided "IMPOSSIBLE!" Look that guy is a qualified researcher, who the fuck are you?
    That guy isn´t talking about safety, now is he?

So here´s a quote from your source:
    "I do need to step back a minuet and say I think that the - it's not merely a fact that America's becoming more diverse. It's a benefit. America will - all of us will, over the long run, benefit from being a more diverse, more heterogeneous place. Places that are more diverse have higher rates of growth on average and they have better cuisine. And it's just a more interesting place to live.

So in the long run, waves of immigration like we're going through now and that we've gone through in the past and increasing diversity is good for a society. But what we discovered in this research, somewhat to our surprise, was that in the short run the more ethnically diverse the neighborhood you live in, the more you - every - all of us tend to hunker down, to pull in. The more diverse - and when I say all of us, I mean all of us. I mean blacks and whites and Asians and Latinos, all of us. The more diverse the group around us, ethnically, in our neighborhood, the less we trust anybody, including people who look like us. Whites trust whites less. Blacks trust blacks less, in more diverse settings."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I hate these whistle blowers and whoever leaks information like this. It's kept hidden from people because they cannot process them reasonable. Germans voted for professional politicians who can do that and they should fucking trust them instead of overestimating themselves. Brexit referendum proved that more than anything - the people are not qualified to process most information that are kept away/hidden from them.

just because you are a sheep that can't handle information doesn't mean other people cant either. Don't force your weakness on others. You disgust me.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That guy isn´t talking about safety, now is he?

So here´s a quote from your source:
    "I do need to step back a minuet and say I think that the - it's not merely a fact that America's becoming more diverse. It's a benefit. America will - all of us will, over the long run, benefit from being a more diverse, more heterogeneous place. Places that are more diverse have higher rates of growth on average and they have better cuisine. And it's just a more interesting place to live.

So in the long run, waves of immigration like we're going through now and that we've gone through in the past and increasing diversity is good for a society. But what we discovered in this research, somewhat to our surprise, was that in the short run the more ethnically diverse the neighborhood you live in, the more you - every - all of us tend to hunker down, to pull in. The more diverse - and when I say all of us, I mean all of us. I mean blacks and whites and Asians and Latinos, all of us. The more diverse the group around us, ethnically, in our neighborhood, the less we trust anybody, including people who look like us. Whites trust whites less. Blacks trust blacks less, in more diverse settings."
    Yes, its his opinion that eventually it will all pan out into a wondrous utopia, however, if we look an examples of very diverse societies, particularly America the land of immigrants, social cohesion is fairly low, as is civic engagement, and support for social democracy? Very low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its his opinion that eventually it will all pan out into a wondrous utopia, however, if we look an examples of very diverse societies, particularly America the land of immigrants, social cohesion is fairly low, as is civic engagement, and support for social democracy? Very low.
    Wait, let me quote you.

Look that guy is a qualified researcher, who the fuck are you?
    So, he´s not talking about safety, but we were talking about safety. What was your point linking him except backing up the idea that diversity is a long term gain?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not to sound salty, but germans give a fuck about studies about US diversity. total wrong continent, sorry