Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That's the thing about balancing a game around high level play. You guys might not have personally experienced what it was like to go against 2 Lucio/Winston/Tracer, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a problem that needed to be fixed. Limiting it to 2 heroes wouldn't have fixed the problem.

I still think its retarded.

my wife only plays lucio, like 98% of her 60 hours ingame so far is lucio. she does not use an SSD. so now some other guy can get in, and autolock it kinda making it hard for her to play he faves. and before you say 'she should learn something else'... why? luci is good on O and D. and a support is always needed. so now I have to upgrade her rig with an SSD
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

my wife only plays lucio, like 98% of her 60 hours ingame so far is lucio. she does not use an SSD. so now some other guy can get in, and autolock it kinda making it hard for her to play he faves. and before you say 'she should learn something else'... why? luci is good on O and D. and a support is always needed. so now I have to upgrade her rig with an SSD
    That is no valid reason for the limit not to be implemented. Also no offense but your wife seems like a person that would be far better just playing quick play. Why go into competitive when you literally play 1 hero in a game that requires you to switch around often?
    If that is already the case then it shouldn't affect her much... spam lucio away in casual all you want but with this post in mind it seems to me like blizzard hit 2 birds with one stone and I m glad they did.
    "Maining" a hero to these extremes (98% of playtime) in competitive is absolutely cancerous to this game.
    Also if I m reading this correctly your wife would go as far as to pick a 2nd lucio in competitive anyway even if it did not fit the comp?
    I d buy Jeff Kaplan a fucking beer if I could.
    Last edited by mmoc29acf4d9f4; 2016-07-13 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    I always thought some comps were more a means of shutting games down than actually playing the game, it really annoyed me - so I welcome the change.

However, it'll be annoying on those occasions where someone sits on one character all game but refuses to use it effectively to counter the other team. I've often been forced to jump on Pharah because our team Pharah gets into a grudge match with their 76...

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post

Just so you know... You're not playing with bots. You can still try to ask them politely to switch. Most of the times they will.

Meh, i hope it won't lead to people sticking to a hero to counter an enemy and doing a piss poor job at it.... who am i kidding? It will happen and Vasher explained it perfectly.
    Oh well, at least i can use more than one character and adapt to the situation.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Sweet.

Now the last thing you have to do, Blizzard, is to disable switching heroes during the round, and you're golden.
    Yeah and have them kill the game instantly, enemy heroes counters yours? enjoy being useless to your team for the whole round and not having fun what a stupid idea.

I told a guy not to go Winston in that game because Reaper is always picked but did he listen to me? Nooo. Did he complain constantly that Reaper needs to be nerfed? Yeeeeeesss.

I notice people just go Zarya because she has no natural counter and is good all around.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Please implement this is Quick Queue. Please.
    Absolutely not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It was as often a detriment to stack as it was a benefit; and much of the benefits were about cheesing specific phases of play rather than being flatly unbeatable.

It's good that it's limited to Competitive anyway, as those who are there and want to 'play what they want' don't really belong in competitive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Neither of those are very common or that hard to deal with.
    Its a cheap and unfair tactic to get Overtime for starters. Blizzard have stated roughly this was one of the reasons they put a limit on. I'm glad they've dealt with Overtime lasting forever also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I told a guy not to go Winston in that game because Reaper is always picked but did he listen to me? Nooo. Did he complain constantly that Reaper needs to be nerfed? Yeeeeeesss.

I notice people just go Zarya because she has no natural counter and is good all around.
    Zarya is a good all-rounder true but her biggest flaw/counter is the fact to deal any credible damage someone has to plow damage into her shields which some teams are smart enough not to do.

Without charge shes nothing more than an annoying fly waiting to be swatted.

I am happy they are removing hero stacking for a couple reasons my top 2 being

1. Overtime cheesing by stacking high movement heros

2. Person 1. Instalocks Genji/Hanzo this applies to others as well but these are the best two examples, person 2 thinks he can play better so he also instalocks you then end up with several scenarios none of which are good such as. Not enough counters, no one is tank/healer, people refusing to adapt to the situation as their is bad blood in the team and the team generally falters to a loss.
    Last edited by mmocafde98d0b8; 2016-07-13 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Please implement this is Quick Queue. Please.
    Same, why do this change in competitive only?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Same, why do this change in competitive only?
    Because QM is where people can practice and play how they like, and try fun and stupid things. I'm very glad it's staying there. I'd rather they fix separately the problems stacking caused, such as with OT (although the DR looks good and something I suggested myself).

well good thing is i only have to face 1 faggot genji and even then i hope he gets a deadly disease and just dies. hes so fucking easy to kill in a Group... but solo he can be a nightmare

Definitely should be in competitive mode only.

This was needed with them pushing Overwatch as a serious competitive game at the Esport level. It's par for the course, people expect it, and it's far easier to balance as the amount of variables goes way down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I'm worried this is going to tilt me even more.

Some sub 60-rank shitter is going to pick a garbage hero like Mei and take up an extremely valuable team slot and my 4 man premade won't be able to make up for it by hero stacking anymore this way.

Oh god.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

Some sub 60-rank shitter is going to pick a garbage hero like Mei and take up an extremely valuable team slot and my 4 man premade won't be able to make up for it by hero stacking anymore this way.

Oh god.
    rank mean shit in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    rank mean shit in this game...
    What.

I have no idea what that means or what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post

Oh god.
    This is a consequence of not queuing with a full team, and I say this as a person who usually only queues with one or two other people. We've accepted that, no matter how much we try to coordinate and perform well, we will eventually be paired with players who aren't on the same page as us. This is why there needs to be more metrics beyond win/loss to determine rank advancement.
    Skoldier for life.