7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PossibleBit View Post
    About slam: Unless you are in risk of capping rage, Whirlwind without Fervor of Battle is inferior to Slam. Unless you take that talent, Slam is the filler to use.
    Yes ofc but atm, FoB is >all other talent 45 on almost "all" situation, i don't understand why Slam is not the main filler on ST and WW is the main filler on Cleave/Aoe, for me it's logic (i can wrong think ofc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valy View Post
    Yes ofc but atm, FoB is >all other talent 45 on almost "all" situation, i don't understand why Slam is not the main filler on ST and WW is the main filler on Cleave/Aoe, for me it's logic (i can wrong think ofc).
    Yeah, that's true. However it bears investigation if FoB still stands as the best in as many situations as before (it still likely is barring a few cases, but the value has significantly decreased with this build - as did the value of Rend, which frankly I don't understand).

Edit: I redid my earlier Calculations on DPR for the old build (they were faulty for some reason) and compared the increase in DPR of WW FoB over Slam:

Old build: (240×1,15×1,5÷25)÷(180×1,15÷15) ~= 20% / (240×1,15×1,5÷24)÷(180×1,15÷15) ~= 25% (crit)
    New build: (216×1,15×1,5÷25)÷(170×1,15÷15) ~= 14% / (216×1,15×1,5÷24)÷(170×1,15÷15) ~= 19 % (crit)

Approximately FoB has been "nerfed" by 25-30%
    Last edited by mmocd9c750e2e7; 2016-07-13 at 10:08 AM.

Maybe not the right thread but I have Mr Clueless questions.

Would anyone be able to tell me, If I level as fury will I be setting myself back much on the arms artifact by level 110? Would it be better just to level as arms if that's the spec I want to play at 110?

I've seen quite a few posts claiming arms to be poor at levelling compared to fury is all. However if I'll be setting my arms artifact back considerably I'll just level as arms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Maybe not the right thread but I have Mr Clueless questions.

Would anyone be able to tell me, If I level as fury will I be setting myself back much on the arms artifact by level 110? Would it be better just to level as arms if that's the spec I want to play at 110?

I've seen quite a few posts claiming arms to be poor at levelling compared to fury is all. However if I'll be setting my arms artifact back considerably I'll just level as arms.
    AFAIK you can obtain the second artifact early on. If you simply pour all your artifact power into your arms artifact from that point on, you won't set it back by a lot, however you'll decrease your efficency with leveling as fury by quite a bit

You can attain ur other zrtifacts at 102 and all the AP you obtain can be banked till whenever u wanna use it
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arqentum View Post
    @Erica

Would you be so kind as to check Execute + Deadly Calm + Anger Management cooldown reduction as well?
    Doesn't seem like Anger Management works at all during Deadly Calm, with Execute or otherwise.

e: Also Anger Management doesn't trigger off extra rage spent on Execute. Seems to use the base cost after Dauntless, not the unmodified cost. 15 full executes (outside of Battle cry) reduced the cooldown of Battle Cry by 12 seconds which is consistent with Anger Management only using the 8 base rage cost after Dauntless.

Same happens with Mortal Strike, 10 Dauntless Mortal Strikes (again, outside of Battle Cry) reduced the cooldown by 16 sec instead of 20.

All testing done as a 100 without artifact/set/class trinket against the Argent Tournament dummies but confirmed Anger Management not working during Deadly Calm on my 110 as well.
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2016-07-13 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    Doesn't seem like Anger Management works at all during Deadly Calm, with Execute or otherwise.
    da fak? seriously?

7+ Year Old Account
    Any feedback or test with Titanic Might change? maybe always crappy :<

Deleted
    I swear this used to work last build, anyone know if this is intended or not?

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    You can attain ur other zrtifacts at 102 and all the AP you obtain can be banked till whenever u wanna use it
    For clarification, this only works if you don't use the items that gives AP and keep them on your bag. You need to equip the artifact you wanna use the APs on and then use the usable items in your bag. The Ap you already poured in to the other Artifacts even if you dont use them on any "trait" becomes exclusive for that atrifact alone.

So how much smoother is Arms rotation after investing some AP into it? On the PTR... It's VERY slow and rage starved.

However I kind of expected this after watching Preach's arms preview video. He basically said that arms heavily depends on its artifact weapon, and until then the rotation is kind of shit. Wondering if that holds true with other beta testers.

Wtf is this?? Nerfs all day, tard drillheads.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    So how much smoother is Arms rotation after investing some AP into it? On the PTR... It's VERY slow and rage starved.

However I kind of expected this after watching Preach's arms preview video. He basically said that arms heavily depends on its artifact weapon, and until then the rotation is kind of shit. Wondering if that holds true with other beta testers.
    Yes, Arms is dependent on getting at least up to Shattered Defenses+Precise Strikes to flow well, and you really want to go all the way to Many Will Fall+Focus in Battle for the spec to perform optimally.

http://legion.wowhead.com/artifact-c...R8A0fQNH4DVMAQ

20 traits total which takes a while to grind up. Probably wanna rush Deathblow as well for raiding for 23 traits in total, but after that the remaining 11 traits are not overly exciting.
    Last edited by mmocd2ab285f58; 2016-07-13 at 03:02 PM.

Yes, Arms is dependent on getting at least up to Shattered Defenses+Precise Strikes to flow well, and you really want to go all the way to Many Will Fall+Focus in Battle for the spec to perform optimally.

20 traits total which takes a while to grind up. Probably wanna rush Deathblow as well for raiding for 23 traits in total, but after that the remaining 11 traits are not overly exciting.
    That's good to hear. I can get up to 1 point in Precise Strikes before the AP starks doubling, so not too much work before the rotation starts to flow better.

Though I think the required points spent in Crushing Blows kind of sucks. When are we EVER going to use slam?

That's good to hear. I can get up to 1 point in Precise Strikes before the AP starks doubling, so not too much work before the rotation starts to flow better.

Though I think the required points spent in Crushing Blows kind of sucks. When are we EVER going to use slam?
    one of the better suggestions i've seen was changing positions of Touch of Zakajz and Crushing Blows. ToZ would help tremendously during leveling, where CB is mostly an end game improvment.

Wouldn't you want to focus on the endgame talents first, even if they are terrible for leveling? I mean if you get leveling traits, then once you hit 110, they're mostly useless then you have to respec your artifact, wasting AP and the time spent getting that AP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Wouldn't you want to focus on the endgame talents first, even if they are terrible for leveling? I mean if you get leveling traits, then once you hit 110, they're mostly useless then you have to respec your artifact, wasting AP and the time spent getting that AP.
    Well yes, but right now (or at least last build) the most popular 110 spec is Fervor for Battle which doesn't even keybind Slam, so Touch of Zakajz would be more attractive because at least it does something rather than nothing.

I personally wouldn't really mind if Slam was removed and Fervor-style WW became baseline, but I'm sure not everyone will agree with that.

As far as relics go, would it be most beneficial to stack relics that buff Exploit the Weakness? Seems like proc'ing Tactician is the key to having a good flow for Arms, especially when combined with Precise Strikes.

As far as relics go, would it be most beneficial to stack relics that buff Exploit the Weakness? Seems like proc'ing Tactician is the key to having a good flow for Arms, especially when combined with Precise Strikes.
    Honestly seems that way. The spec is just so heavily built around that talent that nothing else compares.

I wish slam would at least get a buff. Why does such a super weak ability exist when the spec is supposed to be slow and hard hitting?

Talents that need changes:
    focused rage (should change slam to WoD version for people like me ),

mortal combo (talent seems useless unless you maybe have the ms legendary and even then it doesn't compare to in for the kill for end game),

ravager and opportunity strikes (nothing can compare to anger management). Those two either need major buffs or scrapping.

Second wind: great for leveling, terrible for everything else. There's a lot of talents like this for a lot of classes and I just don't understand the logic behind them. Giving second wind a secondary effect on a 30 second cd could workout. Also warriors are the last class that should be built around kiting for anything.

Defensive stance: I never understood why the hell the warrior forums we're excited when dstance and dbts switched places, dbts cd increased. I guess it's nice that the 2 are no longer exclusive but arms defensives aren't nearly so strong that the changes required a nerf to the dbts cd.

Also tactical advance needs something to allow it to be useful against non physical damage. Or maybe just change it to allow use of victory rush after heroic leap.
    Defensive measure should lower the cd of dbts and/or commanding shout by 50% (their cd is way too long considering that they're worse than most other defensives)
    Touch of zakajz: just so bad.

Most of these things have been discussed to death but these are some changes I'd like to see so arms isn't 2 shotting or dying in 5 seconds in pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I wish slam would at least get a buff. Why does such a super weak ability exist when the spec is supposed to be slow and hard hitting?
    Actually, it's not supposed to be "slow, hard hitting." They abandoned that idea almost as fast as they proposed it. Slam may need a buff, but just wanted to call this out as it is not the design goal behind Arms - never made it out of a few passes on WoD beta.