Deleted
    Was the latest change to Crashing Storm a nerf or a buff? It went from 96% SP to 84% AP, I don't know how SP correlates to AP so would appreciate some clarification here

It's a nerf. SP scales at 1.3 times the rate of AP.

Also, for the folks discussing Lava Lash versus Stormstrike, remember that Lava Lash scales off off-hand weapon damage, so even if the scaling is 530%, it's actually technically 265% of main-hand damage. Similarly, Stormstrike's actual scaling is 630%+(630/2)%--or 945% main-hand weapon damage. So, even with mastery at 50%, the legendary, and Hot Hand, Lava Lash comes out to...

(napkin math here, could be totally off) 265%x1.5=397.5x1.6=636x2=1272% main-hand weapon damage.

But then we have to include all of Stormstrike's perks: 945%x1.3 (Stormbringer)=1228.5, with a 20% chance on every hit to do 40% of that, or another 491.4% damage, for a total of 1719.9% main-hand weapon damage (if Stormflurry only hits once). This doesn't even include the perks that boost Lava Lash by 10% and Stormstrike by 15%, or Doom Vortex or Unleash Doom (Unleash Doom being the stronger of the two effects, and only triggering on Stormstrike).

So basically, yes, at high mastery, with the legendary, and a Hot Hand proc (ignoring normal Lava Lashes), Lava Lash can do more damage than Stormstrike, especially since it bypasses armor. However, in most cases, Stormstrike will still reign supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by naroush View Post
    Was the latest change to Crashing Storm a nerf or a buff? It went from 96% SP to 84% AP, I don't know how SP correlates to AP so would appreciate some clarification here
    SP is 1.2*AP, so it's roughly a 30% total nerf to its strength

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    SP is 1.2*AP, so it's roughly a 30% total nerf to its strength
    Since when did that scaling change? I'm not doubting you, but I could've sworn it was 1.3...

Kent: Windstrike is what Stormstrike turns into when you use Ascendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I just hope boulderfist is always viable, like fuck I ever want to spam rockbiter with the animation and sound effect it has now. If they add a glyph to make lightning or windish then I'd consider the other T1 options.
    With Windsong and Ancestral Swiftness I felt like I wasn't having to spam RB too much to be honest. I'm only on PTR but I assume once I get Doom Winds I'll be using RB less so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hivey View Post
    With Windsong and Ancestral Swiftness I felt like I wasn't having to spam RB too much to be honest. I'm only on PTR but I assume once I get Doom Winds I'll be using RB less so.
    Since Hailstorm was buffed this build and was already ahead of AS last build, you won't(shouldn't) be playing AS with non-BF builds. With BF-builds HS+FoA can be hard to keep up, but with Rockbiter, it really shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmauri View Post
    Since when did that scaling change? I'm not doubting you, but I could've sworn it was 1.3...

Kent: Windstrike is what Stormstrike turns into when you use Ascendance.
    Couple of builds ago.

http://legion.wowhead.com/spell=1370...ncement-shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    Since Hailstorm was buffed this build and was already ahead of AS last build, you won't(shouldn't) be playing AS with non-BF builds. With BF-builds HS+FoA can be hard to keep up, but with Rockbiter, it really shouldn't be.
    I may be wrong, but I don't believe Hailstorm was ahead in the previous patch. Irrespective, I don't enjoy playing with the talent.

It is likely to be ahead now with the buff but Ancestral Swiftness benefits single target and AOE DPS. Its the best all-rounder IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    You arent taking artifact traits into consideration, like Stormflurry, Raging Storms and Unleash Doom. There are also other traits in the artifact that are strictly better than most things for Lava Lash.
    Stormstrike is meant to be our big hitting ability. Not using it on CD would be a damage loss.
    That guy in above warcraft log have nearly max arifact research include all stormstrike one. Remember unlead doom work on all special attack , not just stormstrike.

My point is if blizzard buff LL too much then it will become more efficiency spell than the half cost stormstrike with legendary. it already better than full cost stormstrike atm with max arifact trait. This can cause lots of trouble in later. I remember DK used to have same scale issue and it was more effeciency to cast 2x howing blast than 1 obl after high mastery because Obl is physical damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huanak View Post
    That guy in above warcraft log have nearly max arifact research include all stormstrike one. Remember unlead doom work on all special attack , not just stormstrike.

My point is if blizzard buff LL too much then it will become more efficiency spell than the half cost stormstrike with legendary. it already better than full cost stormstrike atm with max arifact trait. This can cause lots of trouble in later. I remember DK used to have same scale issue and it was more effeciency to cast 2x howing blast than 1 obl after high mastery because Obl is physical damage
    You are right, LL is too close already. But stormflurry procs will always be relevant.

Id love to see some extra scaling for mastery stormstrike damage, e.g. damage incrrased by mastery or crit chance.

Is SS a hard hitter compared to other classes hardhitter?
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2016-07-13 at 07:21 PM.

Where are you guys seeing that LL is close to stormstrike?

Unbuffed...My LL hits for 88k (2933dpm). My SS hits for 144k(3600dpm). SB+SS hits for 196k(9800dpm). It also procs stormflurry, stormbringer, windfury and activates the Unleashed Doom buff. SS seems vastly superior. LL only procs DV and it is RPPM. Leg bracers would get it close to non SB/SS in raw dmg but still not close enough when accounting for all procs.

edited: for armor reduction. Also, I looked back at the logs you guys are referring to, I assume the average SS output there is being skewed by Stormflurry procs which appear in logs as just another stormstrike @40% strength.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2016-07-13 at 09:10 PM.

Sheet should (tentatively) be working again now. There were some very nasty bugs lurking in it from a few older builds when Maelstrom wasn't restrictive.

Deleted
    Sheet should (tentatively) be working again now. There were some very nasty bugs lurking in it from a few older builds when Maelstrom wasn't restrictive.
    ty for the update

playing around with low haste/mast levels and no artifact levels: FoA stronger than CStorm(stops being that way pretty quickly now), but more than doubling your Rockbiter GCDs... ouch. Breath of Sindragosa, the famine version.
    In general, Windsong seems to be a lot closer to BF now at basically all gear levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    ty for the update

playing around with low haste/mast levels and no artifact levels: FoA stronger than CStorm(stops being that way pretty quickly now), but more than doubling your Rockbiter GCDs... ouch. Breath of Sindragosa, the famine version.
    In general, Windsong seems to be a lot closer to BF now at basically all gear levels.
    On Windsong, bear in mind I still haven't tooled in intentionally stacking with Doom Winds/Feral Spirit so it likely performs a bit better in reality than there atm

On Windsong, bear in mind I still haven't tooled in intentionally stacking with Doom Winds/Feral Spirit so it likely performs a bit better in reality than there atm
    Eh, Blizzard was clever with their recent Windsong buffs. Both the increased damage per Windsong cast and the increased duration on the Windsong buff lose value by delaying Windsong to sync it with Doom Winds / Wolves, so SimC puts sync vs. unsync about even with each other at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Eh, Blizzard was clever with their recent Windsong buffs. Both the increased damage per Windsong cast and the increased duration on the Windsong buff lose value by delaying Windsong to sync it with Doom Winds / Wolves, so SimC puts sync vs. unsync about even with each other at the moment.
    Makes sense, was still assuming there was some encouragement in there for that but if not probably not worth putting it in.

The Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs. So for those of you playing with some TC yourself and using the AMR simulator, have fun.

There were a lot of changes for Enhancement, and you can verify everything on the spell wiki. For example, on the Lava Lash wiki page, you can see the first number in the damage formula is 5.3 for the 530% Weapon Damage multiplier.

If you want to test out artifacts, you can easily edit them or add/remove relics in the simulator. Just click on any part of the artifact interface to change it - that easy. Here's a 1-minute video showing all of the character customizations in the simulator.

We also fixed a bug in the simulator for Enhancement where we were stacking Gathering Storms instead of just refreshing it.

If you have questions, you can also hit us up in our discord chat channel.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Will we be seeing a 101 Pre Patch quick run down with like Best Talent choices, trinket options, and rotation details (I know the rotation is pretty simple apparently.)?

OK, I'm gonna say it:

Windsong is awesome. I sure hope it's competitive, because I feel like a goddamn machine gun when I press it.

With ancestral swiftness, it's just nuts. Constant stomrbringer procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    OK, I'm gonna say it:

Windsong is awesome. I sure hope it's competitive, because I feel like a goddamn machine gun when I press it.

With ancestral swiftness, it's just nuts. Constant stomrbringer procs.
    It is competitive