Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbLuck View Post
    Tell me, have you played Black Desert? And does gender locking classes make the game more fun? Does gender locking classes add diversity or add interesting gameplay? Isn't Blizzard's motto, "Gameplay above all else?". Lore can always be broken and bent at the writer's will. And you are just now thinking about WoW? Were you a mindless husk walking around in starting zones until something just 'clicked'?
    With that being said, we could use that argument to remove all class/race restrictions, because there's literally no reason outside of lore that a Gnome shouldn't be able to be a Paladin or a Tauren can't be a Rogue.

If we go that route of forgoing all lore exclusivity for the sake of gameplay, then we might as well remove a bunch of races. Consider it 'Race homogenization' akin to how spells and talents are culled in gameplay rebalancing.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-07-12 at 05:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    While we're at it, why isn't cooking female only? ^_^
    Because men are better chefs, duh.

really??? come one now

you are sexist, aren't you?

I literally have no problem with women being Druids or Demon Hunters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Warriors? Really? Nice going, caveman.
    You do know it is Night Elven lore that the females are the warriors and priestesses, and the males are druids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Night elf warriors and hunters should also be female only, if we're going to go based on lore to determine our sex options for night elf classes. So...yeah. Maybe let's not do that?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ok sure lets play the

"WHO WANTS TO BE A HORRIBLE SCUM OF A HUMAN" game!
    by the way i do not share any of these thoughts, this is more for entertainment and poking fun at how horrible this thread is

Warrios should only be males
    healers should only be females
    first aid, alchemy, herbalism, inscription, and cooking should only be female
    archaeology, mages, and fishing should be male only
    rogues should all be black or goblins
    undead should be enemies of both factions
    tauren should be unable to eat meat
    worgen should be unable to eat veggies
    varien should build a wall around stormwind and make those pesky orcs pay for it!

also demon hunters were never "male only" we see a few at the black temple, just they were alot more rare speaking few females were strong enough to become one, and the druid thing was a thing, but was thrown out long ago, like how they said no one could practice arcane, but come the cataclysm they accepted it and bam, night elf mages
    since when was alchemy ever considered female only?

- - - Updated - - -

I can cook a pretty good cheese burger

There has never been anything that said DHs were male only.

Druids were male only. Priests, hunters, and warriors would be female only.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What in the world, really.

Good female druid and DH cosplay negates any sensible argument in favor of the male oligarchy.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post
    This topic is so stupid on so many levels I am just speechless.
    ^ this this this

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    While we're at it, why isn't cooking female only? ^_^
    good point. we should be able to steal their shoes and impregnate them in game too.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

sure it has been said...

but in vanilla wow alpha/beta don;t remember didn't play till release, but i knew information.

NIGHT ELF WARRIORS WERE FEMALE ONLY
    NIGHT ELF DRUIDS WERE MALE ONLY

blizzard changed it because they could and there was no true reason given other then choice

You realise that the group of 5 Demon Hunters Illidan personally trained that we killed had a Female Night elf among their number, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    You realise that the group of 5 Demon Hunters Illidan personally trained that we killed had a Female Night elf among their number, right?
    Which is pretty much a retcon as far as what we knew of Warcraft 3 compared to now. Not saying that the Demon Hunters were implied to be exclusive to males, but there was no mention of any female night elves among their ranks until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Female lionesses do a lot of the hard work. Are you saying a female druid isn't capable of mauling you to death?

Lionesses do most of the hunting for their pride. They are more effective hunters, as they are smaller, swifter, and more agile than the males and unencumbered by the heavy and conspicuous mane, which causes overheating during exertion.

I do want to note that Night Elven society was originally based around lions and the females are an Amazonian archetype, which is very common in fantasy. I think we can throw realism out the window in a world of magical, talking, flying lizards, demon-aliens, windchime people, and planets that are living, breathing, intelligent beings.

Also, Demon Hunters are magically enhanced and have always come from all walks of life. They're outcasts. That would include women as well. And regardless, we see that Night Elven society has always preferred warrior women over warrior men. In that case, the women LIKELY come for a better background than the males. Disregarding that, they're supernaturally enhanced so again, regardless of sexual dimorphism, if a woman hits you like a god damn truck on fire, she's still hitting you like a truck on fire.

I liked that you chose to ignore that.
    I like that you don't know the lore.

Males were mostly/all of them druids and they were sleeping.

to answer your other question: hate is a strong word, I don't hate women.

Yeah, misogyny is exactly what WoW needs!
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Mages should not be able to roll Gnome, it is an affront to realism. Female characters other than Night Elves and Orcs, should not be able to roll any melee class.
    Female Tauren aren't strong enough to be warriors?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    to answer your other question: hate is a strong word, I don't hate women.
    Do you dislike women?

This thread, and idea, is stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Those tough kids claiming females should not be warriors would get their asses kicked pretty hard by girls like Kinessa Johnson and any ufc girl like Ronda. Sex restrictions have no place in a fantasy game.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Female Tauren aren't strong enough to be warriors?

- - - Updated - - -

Do you dislike women?

This thread, and idea, is stupid.
    They are stronger than humans, that is for sure. but most definately light years far away from Tauren bull. Considering that they would not only fight humans, it would be wiser to keep them safe.

I don't dislike women.