Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Anime] Re Zero: Starting Life in Another World

Hello all,
    I was wondering if anybody else who hasn't read the mange wants to theorize about what killed the main character in this episode. While the anime is eluding to the Master of the House causing the death there is potential for a number of other reasons (though not likely imop).

Furthermore what more do you think they will do with the story. We know that in order for the story to progress he essentially has to not die that day. They suggest him becoming a spy but that would require him being ready to kill himself for no more than to protect the fact hew as there. At the same time he is a very good protector since he can negate her death with his own. In fact it's sad he loses connection he forms with her in order to protect her.

Anyway didn't see a thread and thought it would be fun for fans to discuss.

this anime is shaping up to be really good. that ending left me like "the fuck!" im thinking its the clown guy. or one of the maids on order of the clown guy. the little loli girl seems to know when she was like "its none of bettys business" when he left.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't blown up. Maybe people just don't realize it's out there? This is one of the best Anime shows I've ever seen. So many feels, so many wtfs, so many everything. Episode 15 about killed me. Not only was it so hard to watch, but god poor Suffaru. I'm intentionally not reading the manga to keep spoiler free, b/c this is one of my favorite shows of all time.

That last episode man.... Was that Puck's true form or something? That was crazy that it killed Subaru, but told him to go to sleep and mentioned a daughter
    BAD WOLF

Im fucking loving it so far. Only on episode 7 since I was waiting for the rest of it to come out to continue but so far its absolutely amazing. It has 7 million views on Kissanime so I guess its pretty popular @Kelimbror but it may get more attention later down the line. I havent seen any ads for it but either way I love it. Really good so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Only on episode 7
    I don't know how you could wait haha. Things escalate quickly and don't let up. It's both joyful and painful to watch. Like...I don't even know what to do with myself after watching this past episode. It's intense.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't know how you could wait haha. Things escalate quickly and don't let up. It's both joyful and painful to watch. Like...I don't even know what to do with myself after watching this past episode. It's intense.
    I cant deal with waiting for each episode. I usually end up getting caught up in an episode and continue for as long as I can, which is why I wait for the full show to finish or at least have a lot of episodes out. Not gonna wait that much longer though, just waiting for another episode or two. Episode 8 ended on a decent note so I was able to wait a bit. Still an insanely good show, most likely going to continue tonight. Definitely one of my favorites since I prefer the thriller/psychological genre like psycho-pass, tokyo ghoul, AoT, etc.

Edit- Nvm, actually stopped on episode 8.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2016-07-11 at 05:44 PM.

It's pretty good. Definitely a nice spin on ground hog day. I sort of feel the Subaru is a little TOO obsessed with Emilia but that's fine it still works.

On the last episode I wasn't sure what or who that was at the end. My first thought was that was the witch but I don't have any proof of that. I think the reference to the daughter was Emilia since they are supposed to be related somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    It's pretty good. Definitely a nice spin on ground hog day. I sort of feel the Subaru is a little TOO obsessed with Emilia but that's fine it still works.

On the last episode I wasn't sure what or who that was at the end. My first thought was that was the witch but I don't have any proof of that. I think the reference to the daughter was Emilia since they are supposed to be related somehow.
    Well, it's unique because he came into this world with that trope of entering a video game...but they tactfully handled that to avoid being cliché.

W/r/t Emilia, she was like his angel waifu who saved his life. Kinda an overpowering set of emotions for a teenager. But it's getting complex with his relationship with Rem, as they play it so ambiguous I'm not sure if either of them have romantic feelings or just really close friendship. I'll try not to say much more, because I'd like people to get in on this thread and I'm not sure whether this will be spoilers or non spoilers.

I just know the last two episodes have freaking kicked me in the stomach and just told me to deal with it, leaving me to question what it means to even feel. There's a reason they call him Suffaru on reddit and they take us along on his crazy ride.
    BAD WOLF

Well, it's unique because he came into this world with that trope of entering a video game...but they tactfully handled that to avoid being cliché.

W/r/t Emilia, she was like his angel waifu who saved his life. Kinda an overpowering set of emotions for a teenager. But it's getting complex with his relationship with Rem, as they play it so ambiguous I'm not sure if either of them have romantic feelings or just really close friendship. I'll try not to say much more, because I'd like people to get in on this thread and I'm not sure whether this will be spoilers or non spoilers.

I just know the last two episodes have freaking kicked me in the stomach and just told me to deal with it, leaving me to question what it means to even feel. There's a reason they call him Suffaru on reddit and they take us along on his crazy ride.
    Why do they call him Suffaru? I am not connected with the rest. It is curious since there is no F sound in Japanese.

On to your post. I get it. Like I mentioned it is fine and there was an allusion of him looking for romance prior to coming to this world.

I remember in I think the fifth episode where you first see the dark hands of death coming for him when he first tried to explain he was in a time loop. Definitely was going, 'holy shit'.
    Last edited by Revik; 2016-07-11 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suffaru because he is eternally suffering. It's just us westerners saying that haha.
    BAD WOLF

I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't blown up. Maybe people just don't realize it's out there?
    Nah, they're talking about it quite a bit in the Anime Chat thread, that's probably really why.

And a translated manga version is barely existent at the moment anyway it seems, it only seems to go up to right after Subaru finds out Emilia's real name (Being...well, Emilia).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Nah, they're talking about it quite a bit in the Anime Chat thread, that's probably really why.

And a translated manga version is barely existent at the moment anyway it seems, it only seems to go up to right after Subaru finds out Emilia's real name (Being...well, Emilia).
    Yeah I saw it didn't go very far, but didn't want to risk looking into it too much. Hrm, maybe we can get people talking about it here. I didn't want to clog up the general thread with the hundreds of rampant speculation and theories that this show can have. Sent Eschat a tell to correct the thread title, then realized it still said "startling". Didn't want to bother people, but it did make my eye twitch to read it.

I need to rewatch the series, because I feel like I missed a lot of clues here and there. It's also crazy how much the show takes a turn and just keeps moving full speed. I thought the whole bowel hunter thing was where this was headed, then we get to the mansion and it never really talks about it again, then it moves into the political drama stuff, now we're on a whole new level of coming full circle back to stuff from the beginning yet still moving forward.

I haven't seen something this original in a while. I love Slice and your typical highschooler becomes super important demon/hero/wizard anime, but this is just another level of story.
    BAD WOLF

last episode was just fucking nuts.. the ending before and during credits felt like i was watching an older type anime movie. when i first started the series i thought it was gonna be a upbeat, high schooler becomes badass in alternate world. man was i punched in the dick on that one.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    last episode was just fucking nuts.. the ending before and during credits felt like i was watching an older type anime movie. when i first started the series i thought it was gonna be a upbeat, high schooler becomes badass in alternate world. man was i punched in the dick on that one.
    This is pretty much what I feel every episode. They take me to the top of a beautiful mountain, where everything is right in the world....and then the episode ends and I've been punted off the side with steel toed boots in the sack.
    BAD WOLF

Knew I shouldn't of started watching this show before it had finished, watching 1 episode a week is going to be painful, Mistakes were made .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Knew I shouldn't of started watching this show before it had finished, watching 1 episode a week is going to be painful, Mistakes were made .
    You must suffer with Suffaru. Suffer with us all. What's great is when they air government or other specials over there and the only way you find out is b/c the new episode isn't available on the weekend. And by great, I mean... sadpanda. I've been watching this, Flying Witch, and Tanaka-kun is Always Listful and each one has gotten interrupted at least 2 or 3 times b/c of that.
    BAD WOLF

You must suffer with Suffaru. Suffer with us all. What's great is when they air government or other specials over there and the only way you find out is b/c the new episode isn't available on the weekend. And by great, I mean... sadpanda. I've been watching this, Flying Witch, and Tanaka-kun is Always Listful and each one has gotten interrupted at least 2 or 3 times b/c of that.
    I've been to the dark places and I've seen the abyss but props honorububu subararuru for ever bothering to get out of bed lol. For a while it was going so well too! Coming off the back of having binged on Shiki too, maybe I need to find something abit lighter to watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I've been to the dark places and I've seen the abyss but props honorububu subararuru for ever bothering to get out of bed lol. For a while it was going so well too! Coming off the back of having binged on Shiki too, maybe I need to find something abit lighter to watch.
    Well...Flying Witch and Tanaka as I listed are really downbeat Slice of Life, but maybe not your style. Then I watch Himouto Umaru, Lovely Muco, Pollo Pollo, and Chi's Sweet Home to decompress from serious anime. After watching Muco I'm definitely getting a red Shiba. But yeah, this last episode of Re:Zero I had to watch an episode of Muco immediately so I didn't have depression when I was trying to sleep
    BAD WOLF

Well...Flying Witch and Tanaka as I listed are really downbeat Slice of Life, but maybe not your style. Then I watch Himouto Umaru, Lovely Muco, Pollo Pollo, and Chi's Sweet Home to decompress from serious anime. After watching Muco I'm definitely getting a red Shiba. But yeah, this last episode of Re:Zero I had to watch an episode of Muco immediately so I didn't have depression when I was trying to sleep
    It's always been that ridiculously dark edge that I've enjoyed about Anime really, was beginning to think that everything being produced these days was some kind of Ecchi/Shounen/Harem so whilst this has been torturous at times I've been enjoying reconnecting with what made me enjoy the medium so much all those years ago. Like watching Berserk for the first time 15 years ago thinking "well this is great" then watching the last few episodes going "WTF just happened!".

Deleted
    Why are 80% of anime titles things with the words ''re'' and/or ''zero'' in it...