Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    You are the only person I've seen complaining about WDP lol, the animation of chi orbit is way worse
    I'd take the chi orbit animation over the dragon punch thing anyways, the latter just looks atrocious and silly.

If I have to use it, and they don't fix the animation, I don't think I'll be touching my monk much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I'd take the chi orbit animation over the dragon punch thing anyways, the latter just looks atrocious and silly.

If I have to use it, and they don't fix the animation, I don't think I'll be touching my monk much at all.
    I don't mind the looks so much, but the fact that you're locked in place while it goes off with no means to cancel it is really stupid. I sure hope it doesn't get me killed.

What's wrong with it? it's not an amazing animation but is on the same level as the other animations on our kit.

By the way, what's the current stat priority on lvl 100, haste>mastery or mastery>haste? prepatch will be live in less than a week

It's horrible, you turn transparent green, hop, do a little ballerina twirl, pause in mid air and drop like a god damned stilt, it's nothing but awkward.

It's horrible, you turn transparent green, hop, do a little ballerina twirl, pause in mid air and drop like a god damned stilt, it's nothing but awkward.
    i agree with this. seems to break the flow of combat. woulda been better if a SEF clone popped up for a second to do the animation and damage rather than the character.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Noob question time:

How exactly do I open with these talents: Chi Wave/EElixir/RJW/WDP?

So far I've gone: SEF->ToD->Elixir->Windlord->FoF->Palm->RSK->WDP->normal rotation.
    Building on this and Babylonius' suggestion to swap FoF and SotW, what I've been doing is FoF>Palm>SotW>RSK>WDP.

Helps staying away from energy cap if someone hits lust or something. If I'm wrong or something let me know, just like discussing openers cause I think they're important and under discussed sometimes.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Building on this and Babylonius' suggestion to swap FoF and SotW, what I've been doing is FoF>Palm>SotW>RSK>WDP.

Helps staying away from energy cap if someone hits lust or something. If I'm wrong or something let me know, just like discussing openers cause I think they're important and under discussed sometimes.
    I have something similar built into my current APL and my Legion guide.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    He meant an overall buff to Serenity, not to WW in general. Because Serenity reduced RSK CD to 5 seconds, FoF to 12 seconds, and SotW to 20 seconds, you get a damage benefit from Serenity even after the 8 seconds. And while you lost 2 seconds of 40% boosted damage, they buffed the abilities it affects, so you can attribute that damage to Serenity. Definitely not a gigantic buff, and may end up still being a nerf, but overall they do offset each other somewhat. WW overall did get buffed tho.
    The buff is huge whether you are specced Serenity or not.. but just nevermind it I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Noob question time:

How exactly do I open with these talents: Chi Wave/EElixir/RJW/WDP?

So far I've gone: SEF->ToD->Elixir->Windlord->FoF->Palm->RSK->WDP->normal rotation.

Does that sound somewhat ok? I'm fairly comfortable playing WW and really enjoy it but that opener is a bit of a question for me. Personally I don't really like EElixir but I don't think Ascension is quite up to par atm and Power Strikes is just laughable.
    A few things that for sure should be done differently:

1. ToD should not be used after SEF but before it(waste of sef gcd as they don't copy it).

2. Chi Wave should be used while running to boss(unless you have rogue aoe stealth to start in melee range).

3. Elixir should be used approx 10sec prepull, you want to trigger its cd as early as possible while still not getting chi decay.

Maybe better but not for sure:

1. Move (RSK>TP) to before ToD in order to let trinkets/ench proc as well as having some extra energy when you start regular rotation later on(and also a minor buff from hit combo if you were running it, and it is going to be the choice for ST).

If 1. will be a thing, then possibly a TP before WDP to get out of energy cap faster.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
    Hol up

I was just messing around with my Monk on the PTR, not played him since the end of MoP. Can you really not transmog the invisible fists anymore? Having dumb looking fist weapons teleport on and off my hands every time I do an attack is stupid looking, especially with how big the Artifact Fists are.
    You can get one of the various "brass knuckle" type models and mog the artifact to those. There are a lot of different ones and they tend to be so small as to be nearly invisible. Closest youre gonna get to being truly bare-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Conjugate View Post
    The buff is huge whether you are specced Serenity or not.. but just nevermind it I guess...

A few things that for sure should be done differently:

1. ToD should not be used after SEF but before it(waste of sef gcd as they don't copy it).

2. Chi Wave should be used while running to boss(unless you have rogue aoe stealth to start in melee range).

3. Elixir should be used approx 10sec prepull, you want to trigger its cd as early as possible while still not getting chi decay.

Maybe better but not for sure:

1. Move (RSK>TP) to before ToD in order to let trinkets/ench proc as well as having some extra energy when you start regular rotation later on(and also a minor buff from hit combo if you were running it, and it is going to be the choice for ST).

If 1. will be a thing, then possibly a TP before WDP to get out of energy cap faster.

Yeah, but the whole point is that we're talking how these changes will affect the chance of using Serenity, since they buffed it in a way and then nerfed it in another for some weird reason.

The change in this build amounts to "Use WDP, or suck because all the other options are far behind now."

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    You can get one of the various "brass knuckle" type models and mog the artifact to those. There are a lot of different ones and they tend to be so small as to be nearly invisible. Closest youre gonna get to being truly bare-handed.
    Ok so is anyone confirmed that the invisible fists aren't working? I hope so because that's the only thing to use other than fists of deity ( used them since beginning for fist weapons as all look as horrible as shit. Is why I love my katana Runed sword of the tiger for other than fist.. If I have to wear some nasty ugly ass transmog ( not a huge transmog or looks person) I"m not sure what i'll do .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methosmv View Post
    Ok so is anyone confirmed that the invisible fists aren't working? I hope so because that's the only thing to use other than fists of deity ( used them since beginning for fist weapons as all look as horrible as shit. Is why I love my katana Runed sword of the tiger for other than fist.. If I have to wear some nasty ugly ass transmog ( not a huge transmog or looks person) I"m not sure what i'll do .
    They are currently not working, but were on the last list of things that should be working but are not currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Yeah, but the whole point is that we're talking how these changes will affect the chance of using Serenity, since they buffed it in a way and then nerfed it in another for some weird reason.

The change in this build amounts to "Use WDP, or suck because all the other options are far behind now."
    Not necessarily. Serenity was technically nerfed, but with the buffs to everything else it was functionally buffed. I beleive thats what Conjugate was trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I feel the need to mention that in my one day of testing, SotW now hits like a truck in combination with full Hit Combo stacks. On boss pulls immediately following a trash pack, SotW was critting for 7 digits easily even in my shitty 810 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantoms View Post
    Also I feel the need to mention that in my one day of testing, SotW now hits like a truck in combination with full Hit Combo stacks. On boss pulls immediately following a trash pack, SotW was critting for 7 digits easily even in my shitty 810 gear.
    Yes, SotW also recieved a large buff. All of the buffs from the other day are on the front page of MMOC and in my most recent site post.

So, how is RJW looking for single target now compared to hit combo?

I'd assume it's going to be more of a skill thing. If you can keep up hit combo, it'll probably be better. If you suck at keeping it up, it'll be better to stick with RJW.

And then, does the two set bonus come before or after serenity's cool down reduction?
    Last edited by FayrenPickpocket; 2016-07-14 at 12:04 AM.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

So what stats should I be going for? I have some very good versatility trinkets, or the class trinket, or mirror of the blademaster... but I can't decide which I should be using in the 7.0 pre-patch. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FayrenPickpocket View Post
    So, how is RJW looking for single target now compared to hit combo?

I'd assume it's going to be more of a skill thing. If you can keep up hit combo, it'll probably be better. If you suck at keeping it up, it'll be better to stick with RJW.

And then, does the two set bonus come before or after serenity's cool down reduction?
    Hit combo will likely be better in single target now. Obviously if you can't keep it up then it wont be as strong.

The 2 set will likely come before Serenity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skeptyc View Post
    So what stats should I be going for? I have some very good versatility trinkets, or the class trinket, or mirror of the blademaster... but I can't decide which I should be using in the 7.0 pre-patch. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Vers is best up to about 10%, then haste/mastery take back over.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    They are currently not working, but were on the last list of things that should be working but are not currently.

- - - Updated - - -

Not necessarily. Serenity was technically nerfed, but with the buffs to everything else it was functionally buffed. I beleive thats what Conjugate was trying to say.
    The question is whether the buff will justify taking it over WDP, as well as losing the perks of SEF's ranged cleaves and more frequent burst windows.

I also don;t understand the point of nuking Chi Orbit out of remote viability.

Chi Orbit already had disadvantages. It offered little controlled burst, you couldn't select when to trigger the explosions and on which targets, it didn't benefit from mastery (so it would scale less well than WDP).

Meanwhile WDP scales better, offers burst aoe, and it's damage that's controlled and to the target you want it for. They needed to buff the alternatives, not gut Chi Orbit and give a slight boost to Serenity which will probably still put it behind WDP, which is now best at everything.

The change to Chi Orbit effectively made it a dead talent, obsolete leveling bait at best. It's gonna be our next power strikes, rotting in obscurity, and it might just be joined by ascension now.

The Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs.

As I mentioned last week, you can verify all of the updates. For example, Rising Sun Kick was updated again this week, to 910% AP. You can verify that (again) on the spell wiki: the first number in the damage formula is 9.1 for 910%.

If you want to test out artifacts or relics (or talents or gear), you can easily edit them or add/remove relics in the simulator. Just click on any part of the artifact interface to change it - that easy. Here's a 1-minute video showing all of the character customizations in the simulator.

Bug fixes: We updated Transfer the Power to only give 1% per stack, which is what it's doing in-game, despite the tooltip saying otherwise.

If you have questions, you can also hit us up in our discord chat channel.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by v1perz53 View Post
    He meant an overall buff to Serenity, not to WW in general. Because Serenity reduced RSK CD to 5 seconds, FoF to 12 seconds, and SotW to 20 seconds, you get a damage benefit from Serenity even after the 8 seconds. And while you lost 2 seconds of 40% boosted damage, they buffed the abilities it affects, so you can attribute that damage to Serenity. Definitely not a gigantic buff, and may end up still being a nerf, but overall they do offset each other somewhat. WW overall did get buffed tho.
    Yeah I meant the Serenity talent specifically. It's pretty clear the overall buff was epic.