Page 43 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    So why didn't Blizzard just say July 19th? I find this fairly weird.
    Because they aren't sure yet. I'm sure they would *like* to make the 19th, but if it's not ready, they want to be able to release it on the 26th or even August 2 without people crying that they were lied to.

This is what happens when a significant and loud group of players routinely whine about "broken promises" - you get even less information because they are afraid to tell you until it's 100% definite.

The thing people need to realize about the Legion pre-expansion event is that it's rolling out in a very strange way. The launch pre-patch will likely have the Broken Shore event and nothing else beyond that. After that, as weeks progress, the other story quests will be unlocked week by week as the story plays out in front of us, and the Legion's invasion escalates to the point of a full-blown world-wide invasion. Around that time is when we also will get the Demon Hunters, who come in long after the Broken Shore has taken place.

Yes, it's depressing to see Demon Hunters and the invasions being held off til mid-August, but that doesn't really change that we'll likely still get the patch on the 19th.

Personally I'd like to test the changes on the Legion, rather than waiting.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And if blizzard were absolutely sure of that date, why not announce it at the same time.
    As I said, and people want to ignore.
    Is that why announce one and not the other if that date was finalised and set.
    Because it was not, and still prone to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    So why didn't Blizzard just say July 19th? I find this fairly weird.
    They've never announced pre patches until the very last moment and there's no reason to change it now.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10026005/

No mention of the pre patch launch anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Selling mythic archi mounts.
    I was about to buy a run but I decided to use that $25 on Pokemon GO instead. I want that mount, but it's just a bit too expensive for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    I was about to buy a run but I decided to use that $25 on Pokemon GO instead. I want that mount, but it's just a bit too expensive for my tastes.
    That's in a whole new level of throwing money away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The thing people need to realize about the Legion pre-expansion event is that it's rolling out in a very strange way. The launch pre-patch will likely have the Broken Shore event and nothing else beyond that. After that, as weeks progress, the other story quests will be unlocked week by week as the story plays out in front of us, and the Legion's invasion escalates to the point of a full-blown world-wide invasion. Around that time is when we also will get the Demon Hunters, who come in long after the Broken Shore has taken place.

Yes, it's depressing to see Demon Hunters and the invasions being held off til mid-August, but that doesn't really change that we'll likely still get the patch on the 19th.
    As far as I can see there is no info stating that Broken Shore will be available straight away on the pre patch release. Reading through the first announcement stating pre-patch is nearly here and it seemed like broken shore is gonna either come at the same time as demon hunter's or just after.

I suppose this makes sense more sense as a narrative that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagri View Post
    As far as I can see there is no info stating that Broken Shore will be available straight away on the pre patch release. Reading through the first announcement stating pre-patch is nearly here and it seemed like broken shore is gonna either come at the same time as demon hunter's or just after.

I suppose this makes sense more sense as a narrative that way.
    Having done it all on the beta, I really do think the Broken Shore has to be the first event to make sense from a narrative perspective to motivate certain characters. Everything else comes after.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    They seem to say that invasions won't start up until the 17th of August. This kind of implies that the patch won't be on the 19th of July.

I am going to shit bricks if Jaylock was right all along.
    Read it again

Around the second or third week of August (no later than August 17 globally), after you’ve had time to play around with the patch and get a feel for the changes, some angry invaders are going to start dropping out of the skies over Azeroth.

Deleted
    I'm still waiting for the "Pre-patch coming July 20th!" like they did with Hellfire 1 week before its release.

Deleted
    Am I missing something? It seems the invasion will last a total of 3 weeks. So if it starts on Aug 17, it will last until Sept 8? After launch of the full expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    Am I missing something? It seems the invasion will last a total of 3 weeks. So if it starts on Aug 17, it will last until Sept 8? After launch of the full expansion?
    Nah it will last until 30th.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Nah it will last until 30th.
    Then it can't start on the 17th. The latest it can launch is the 10th then. Unless the final phase will last one day only.

Then it can't start on the 17th. The latest it can launch is the 10th then. Unless the final phase will last one day only.
    Why? They could open new scenario every 3 days insteade of weekly.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Why? They could open new scenario every 3 days insteade of weekly.
    Well, the blog post says a week for each phase:
    "A week after the invasions begin, the Legion’s assault will begin to intensify. Then, a week after that, the demonic onslaught will intensify even more, "

Invasion starts: 17 Aug
    Next phase : 24 Aug
    Last phase: 31 Aug? Not going to happen, so the latest it can start is the 10th. Unless the last phase is shorter than a week.

Its a "latest just in case everything burns" kind of date, if they really had to delay everything until then they might as well speed the process up a bit to fit it in. Its certainly not impossible to have it start on the 17th, just likely that it would start earlier.

Expect it to start earlier and have the announced weekly phases, the 17th is just the backup date in case of emergency.

Well, the blog post says a week for each phase:
    "A week after the invasions begin, the Legion’s assault will begin to intensify. Then, a week after that, the demonic onslaught will intensify even more, "

Invasion starts: 17 Aug
    Next phase : 24 Aug
    Last phase: 31 Aug? Not going to happen, so the latest it can start is the 10th. Unless the last phase is shorter than a week.
    Well they can intesify invasions slowly, while the scenarios are opened on different schedule.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Deleted
    Am i right in saying that we would know if the pre patch is launching by the 19th now? or?

Seems like the 26th or the 2nd are more likely atm.

PvP Season ends on the 19th. Still betting that will be pre patch. If not then it's the 26th. They said they will be putting the patch in before the invasions begin so people can get used to the changes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthzull View Post
    Read it again
    It's doubtful that they are going to set aside 4 weeks for people to relearn their classes, the average hardcore player is already comfortable with the changes due to PTR and Beta play, and casual players will get used to things in less than a week. My guess is that we get 2 to 3 weeks after patch launch, before the zone invasion scenarios begin.

As of this writing, the release build has not been pushed to the PTR either, if it isn't here by this weekend then the 19th is completely out of the equation.
    Last edited by Laerrus; 2016-07-13 at 09:53 PM.