Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry the guy got shot, but .. as someone said. resist arrest.. poke the bear get the paw. they guys struggling, i dont care if its 10 cops. . at the end of the day, if u resist. bad stuff can happen.

imo, his own fault. dont fight or resit the po-po dont run from them. move on, nothing to see, this thug wont threaten or cheat or molest anyone again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm saying that the idea that there was no gun requires a great deal of conspiracy nonsense to make sense.
    No it doesnt, it takes a great understanding of the stand your ground laws. There are loads of case law that support what Im saying.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-07-13 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    I'm pretty sure in 99% of the cases the police officers act correctly and it's just that those innocent, arrest resisting criminals who happen to be black give them no alternative.

Alas it's far easier to shift the blame on the cops than accept the fact that the Black community in the US is totally screwed up and always has been.

What needs to be done is to look very critically at 'inner city culture' and call these people out for what they are: uneducated, backwards, lazy and criminal. Then you find solutions how to fix that problem. In my opinion that has to start with a shift from welfare towards education. Schools in impoverished communities are underfunded, resulting in a vicious doom cycle of an already existing aversion to education meeting an objectively horrible education, resulting in a somewhat justified aversion to education.

We'll still deal with the same old problems in 50 years if we keep condoning their behavior and keep 'helping' them in the wrong way, that is not actually helping them at all, but enabling. We're essentially helicopter parents to these people.

That said, the widespread acceptance or even endorsement of groups like Black Lives Matter does not bode well for, hilariously enough, Black people.

No bias in your statements. Way to paint a picture of a whole group. I think I have a word for that.

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    Sorry the guy got shot, but .. as someone said. resist arrest.. poke the bear get the paw. they guys struggling, i dont care if its 10 cops. . at the end of the day, if u resist. bad stuff can happen.
    As in, you go to jail and get charged with resisting arrest and you have a chance to fight the charges in a court of law.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Its not him. The smile line is different (a product of underlying bone structure) and there is no gap in the teeth of the person in red.

imo, his own fault. dont fight or resit the po-po dont run from them. move on, nothing to see, this thug wont threaten or cheat or molest anyone again.
    Except police are supposed to try to restrain and detain the individual first. These cases where one man is able to somehow draw his weapon with two police officers sitting on his chest and arms and requires being shot multiple times just makes my fucking head spin.

But as I put in the other thread, as someone who's been through the police training fairly recently, it's no fucking wonder cops are so on edge, trigger happy, and shoot first all the time. It's all they get fucking trained to do anymore. They get minimal firearms training so they can get them on the streets fast and a lot of their training is totally extreme, exaggerated scenarios that result in you "dying" if you misread it while your instructor is screaming "you're fucking dead" like the god damn instructor in Zootopia, and my favorite was enjoying the 3 hours of videos in the classroom watching officers get their head blown off at traffic stops.

Most of the people that came out of that training still couldn't handle a firearm and had to empty a clip to hit the side of a barn, minimal actual training and exercises on properly restraining a criminal, and were nervous wrecks that were being thrown out onto the streets because the PDs apparently need bodies out there so badly that it's ok to neglect giving them adequate training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Its not him. The smile line is different (a product of underlying bone structure) and there is no gap in the teeth of the person in red.
    Even if it is, who cares? Without context that photo is garbage just trying to justify slaying a man in the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Except police are supposed to try to restrain and detain the individual first. These cases where one man is able to somehow draw his weapon with two police officers sitting on his chest and arms and requires being shot multiple times just makes my fucking head spin.
    If we're to believe police arent that racist, Im inclined to believe Alton wasnt that dumb. You make a valid point. He was in no position to grab a gun and have any chance at hurting these officers before the officers could react.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Even if it is, who cares? Without context that photo is garbage just trying to justify slaying a man in the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're to believe police arent that racist, Im inclined to believe Alton wasnt that dumb. You make a valid point.
    Eh he probably was a moron to be in the situation that he was in (threatening with a gun in public, really?) But the fact that two police officers couldn't properly restrain him despite having the advantageous position, along with tasing him, and had to unload their guns just screams of piss poor training or jumping the gun.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    yeah it probably isn't, who ever that is though, my God...

7+ Year Old Account

But as I put in the other thread, as someone who's been through the police training fairly recently, it's no fucking wonder cops are so on edge, trigger happy, and shoot first all the time. It's all they get fucking trained to do. They get minimal firearms training so they can get them on the streets fast and a lot of their training is totally extreme, exaggerated scenarios that result in you "dying" if you misread it while your instructor is screaming "you're fucking dead" like the god damn instructor in Zootopia, and my favorite was enjoying the 3 hours of videos in the classroom watching officers get their head blown off at traffic stops.

Most of the people that came out of that training still couldn't handle a firearm and had to empty a clip to hit the side of a barn, minimal actual training and exercises on properly restraining a criminal, and were nervous wrecks that were being thrown out onto the streets because the PDs apparently need bodies out there so badly that it's ok to neglect giving them adequate training.
    Sorry, i still put it back on NOT FOLLOWING police instuctions, the lack of respect given cops, is why they resist.. they know.. maybe i can get away or get punched a few times and beat the rap if i scream they hit me.. blah blah. sorry.. it makes your head spin. maybe if you where in that situation often you might understand.. but most of the MMO community are safe setting in moms house hiding behind a computer. or think all this is a video game. ..

again, if u fail to follow instructions.. bad things happen. I personally feel they should beable to unload into a car in those highspeed chase's that happen. i dont care how small/large the crime is.. fail to follow police commands , its YOUR fault. period.

(threatening with a gun in public, really?)
    Ill throw that question back to you, really? Are you certain?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesnt, it takes a great understanding of the stand your ground laws. There are loads of case law that support what Im saying.
    Stand your ground laws change whether or not the shooting was legally justified, not whether or not there was a gun in Sterling's pocket.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Sorry, i still put it back on NOT FOLLOWING police instuctions, the lack of respect given cops, is why they resist.. they know.. maybe i can get away or get punched a few times and beat the rap if i scream they hit me.. blah blah. sorry.. it makes your head spin. maybe if you where in that situation often you might understand.. but most of the MMO community are safe setting in moms house hiding behind a computer. or think all this is a video game.
    Geeze assume and stereotype you biases much? You should be a cop!

- - - Updated - - -

Stand your ground laws change whether or not the shooting was legally justified, not whether or not there was a gun in Sterling's pocket.
    A quick google revealed: A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) authorizes people to protect and defend themselves against threats or perceived threats.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand-your-ground_law

So yeh, it exactly means that.

And they wouldn't have then had the gun to later book into evidence to corroborate their story that he had a gun.
    It's a common practice to remove a weapon from the vicinity of a perp, even if they're pretty much dead. Kinda the same way they'll handcuff neutralized threats, it's a precaution.
    Working on my next ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    A quick google revealed: A stand-your-ground law (sometimes called "line in the sand" or "no duty to retreat" law) authorizes people to protect and defend themselves against threats or perceived threats.

No, it doesn't. If Sterling had a gun in his pocket, he had a gun in his pocket, regardless of the law. The law just says whether or not it's relevant, not whether or not it happened.

It never fails, people will always come to the defense of the thug life criminal scumbag. “There’s not enough evidence to show him reaching for a weapon, so the police were in the wrong”. You know what? The facts that we do have are enough in my book… He was a criminal. He was resisting arrest. He was tased, but it had no effect. He was carrying an illegal weapon that he had previously used to threaten another person. Even if we leave out the “reaching for a weapon” part, all of the above things were a part of the end result. You know how a normal, non thug life, non criminal would have handled the situation? First, he wouldn’t have been a convicted criminal. He wouldn’t have been threatening another person with an illegal weapon. He wouldn’t have been resisting arrest. He wouldn’t have continued to resist arrest after being tased. He also wouldn’t have been shot by a police officer.

This actually happened to me… I was on my way home from work, and had just got on the highway. A cruiser pulled up behind me with sirens blaring, along with a second, a third, a fourth. I pulled over, and they were shouting instructions over the loudspeaker. I complied with every instruction to the letter of the law. I’m a licensed concealed carry holder, and had my pistol on me at the time. I ended up on the ground, hands straight out, and legs crossed. They came up to me and put me in handcuffs, and relieved me of my weapon.

As it turns out, someone driving the exact same make, model, and color car as me was just spotted leaving the scene of an armed robbery, and they thought it was me. While it was a terrible inconvenience, the amazing thing is that I didn’t get shot. Not once! No tasers, no nightsticks, no pepper spray, no fists or feet or grenades were used to punish or abuse me. It’s fucking amazing! And before anyone says it, yes… I’m black.

I know, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but the fact of the matter is that if you don’t break the law, and you listen to police officers when they tell you to do something, you won’t be shot. I promise…
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    It's a common practice to remove a weapon from the vicinity of a perp, even if they're pretty much dead. Kinda the same way they'll handcuff neutralized threats, it's a precaution.
    I feel like you're arguing some kind of point I didn't make.

The original comment I'm referring to was someone saying that "we don't know whether or not the police pulled a gun from his pocket because it's blurry." To which my answer is, "So what if it's blurry? They'll still have the actual physical gun in evidence. It would be idiotic for the officers to make the claim that they took a gun from his pocket if they couldn't produce the actual gun. That doesn't even go into the fact that the store owner specifically stated he saw the officers remove a gun from Sterling's pocket. The gun was there, and to say that 'we can't know' is just silly."
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-07-13 at 07:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

No it doesn't. The person doesn't even need to have a gun for you to "stand your ground" (Trayvon Martin case)

Not to mention cops don't even need to use stand your ground laws. Those are for civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsphinx View Post
    It never fails, people will always come to the defense of the thug life criminal scumbag. “There’s not enough evidence to show him reaching for a weapon, so the police were in the wrong”. You know what? The facts that we do have are enough in my book… He was a criminal. He was resisting arrest. He was tased, but it had no effect. He was carrying an illegal weapon that he had previously used to threaten another person. Even if we leave out the “reaching for a weapon” part, all of the above things were a part of the end result. You know how a normal, non thug life, non criminal would have handled the situation? First, he wouldn’t have been a convicted criminal. He wouldn’t have been threatening another person with an illegal weapon. He wouldn’t have been resisting arrest. He wouldn’t have continued to resist arrest after being tased. He also wouldn’t have been shot by a police officer.

This actually happened to me… I was on my way home from work, and had just got on the highway. A cruiser pulled up behind me with sirens blaring, along with a second, a third, a fourth. I pulled over, and they were shouting instructions over the loudspeaker. I complied with every instruction to the letter of the law. I’m a licensed concealed carry holder, and had my pistol on me at the time. I ended up on the ground, hands straight out, and legs crossed. They came up to me and put me in handcuffs, and relieved me of my weapon.

As it turns out, someone driving the exact same make, model, and color car as me was just spotted leaving the scene of an armed robbery, and they thought it was me. While it was a terrible inconvenience, the amazing thing is that I didn’t get shot. Not once! No tasers, no nightsticks, no pepper spray, no fists or feet or grenades were used to punish or abuse me. It’s fucking amazing! And before anyone says it, yes… I’m black.

I know, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but the fact of the matter is that if you don’t break the law, and you listen to police officers when they tell you to do something, you won’t be shot. I promise…
    My concern is more that they claim he was still reaching for his weapon after being struck with a taser and two officers were already apparently on top of him. Unless he was a super villain, there's no reason for the officers to not have been able to properly restrain his arms to avoid him pulling the gun.

Basically, the criminal was a scumbag but the officers are shit at their jobs too or were not given proper training and shouldn't have needed to fire.

Killing an unarmed man for resisting arrest is an execution. The cops became the judge, the jury and the executioner. Thats easy to see.

It really come down to the bullshit that is "Stand your ground" laws. The duty of officers should be to retreat. This shift in the power that police have is dangerous, as we can all see.
    You're saying unarmed, but you're obviously talking directly out of your butthole. You weren't there, you haven't seen all the footage, and neither have I. We need to give cops the benefit of the doubt ALWAYS since they're the ones out there dealing with criminal assholes like this prick day in and day out, and getting hated on for it by people like you.

Sheesh.

The logic in these threads is mindblowing sometimes.