Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    And that's fine, but that really doesn't have any bearing on my point.
    Just pointing out that what you said is set up that way by design.
    It is not a shortcoming of the current or any previous members.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Very simply, and our judiciary IS objective by design. Don't confuse the inevitable social pressure on interpretation as subjectivity. It is an organic element to opinions, but those opinions are still to be bound in law, not personal whim.

*wrong canon quote, I apologize*
    Nope, that does not state he has to be "objective" it just states that he should not be influenced by personal attachments, etc..
    His moral views are still his own and he is given the power of creating legislation according to his beliefs.

Edit: just to be clear, I'm not claiming they need to be non-objective, just that being objective as a person is not a prerequisite for the system. Being unbiased is. The system itself is set up in a way as to work without assuming everyone is objective all the time.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2016-07-13 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Had you known me then, you wouldve heard me flipping out over it. I was extremely pissed off about it. Alito didnt say a word. All he did was shake his head in disagreement. You can disagree with someones opinion, but you cannot show favoritism as a judge
    it was a bit more body language then simply shacking the head, and in line with simple comments on her opinion. There was no favoritism she stated her opinion, there has been zero actions for her to even show a favoritism

To summon up the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Orlong thread? Orlong thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, people still think the SC acts objectively? That hasn't been true since FDR.

Uh oh somebody criticized Donald Trump.

The level of childish here from Trump and his cronies is hilarious.

Im sorry but after those comments Ruth Ginsberg made about Trump, she needs to be impeached for violating the US Judicial Code of Conduct.
    lololololollo so its fine for Scalia to sit at the Fox News table and consistently make anti-Obama comments during his tenure, but Ginsburg says something about a NOMINEE and she has to be impeached?

Give me a fucking break.

Grow up. You and your candidate love to dish it out but throw tantrums whenever anybody throws it back.

So let me get this straight. As long as a justice doesn't voice their opinions, even though you can be damn sure they have them, we can sleep soundly at night knowing they are immune to basic human failings of partiality, despite the fact that partisan politics have quite clearly been coloring rulings for at least as long as I've been alive?
    Of course their personal bias and beliefs have an impact on their ruling. What their personal bias and beliefs should NOT have an impact on, is the minds of voters. Which is why they are supposed to keep their mouths shut about it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Oh look its the PC police crying about someone having an opinion they dont like.
    Your judges are elected by a democrat or a conservative. They are called liberal and conservative judges by the media, whenever they decide on something. They are not impartial. If you want impartial judges change the stupid system. Dont come crying about them having opionions. Having biased opinions is how they got their job. And please stop acting like this is the first time this has happened EVERY time this happens. The fake outrage is just sad.
    Last edited by owbu; 2016-07-13 at 07:54 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    No, the judge was NOT affiliated with la raza. No matter how many times you say this, it's not true.

thats not an argument

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda agree with Ruth Ginsberg, that's how I feel about Trump in general. I think it's fine for her to say it. Then again this is an Orlong thread, with a history of absurdity.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I don't really feel like there's any potential for influence here. People are pretty solidly in the camp they want to be in and I doubt anyone given to caring what she thinks was seriously considering Trump anyway.
    Thats a matter of perspective bias I imagine. I would be willing to bet a fair sum that a LARGE swath of people have no fucking clue whats going on at this stage in the election.

Regardless of who or how many may be swayed at this point. Its not the place of a SCOTUS judge to voice their personal opinions on candidates.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    thats not an argument
    Yes it is. You straight up lied. Repeating that lie will not make it true. You are so deluded by lord trump that you can't even tell reality from fantasy.

You are no longer sane. I suggest you seek help, and soon.

However, since you cannot be bothered to actually do any fact checking.

The group that the judge belongs to is a hispanic lawyers association.
    It is not La Raza.
    They share a similar name.

It's like calling Cam Newton a Black Panther because he plays for the Carolina Panthers.

I don't know if that will get through to you, being detached from reality and all, but I hope it helps.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-07-13 at 08:14 PM.

"...she is not ethically supposed to make them publicly known..."

Who made this rule?
    Can it be applied to all non-elected officials?
    Which guidebook of ethics does this fall under?

Why aren't her remarks covered under Free Speech?

Yes it is. You straight up lied. Repeating that lie will not make it true. You are so deluded by lord trump that you can't even tell reality from fantasy.

You are no longer sane. I suggest you seek help, and soon.

However, since you cannot be bothered to actually do any fact checking.

The group that the judge belongs to is a hispanic lawyers association.
    It is not La Raza.
    They share a similar name.

It's like calling Cam Newton a Black Panther because he plays for the Carolina Panthers.

I don't know if that will get through to you, being detached from reality and all, but I hope it helps.

Okay throw your support behind the elite's candidate, Hillary lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay throw your support behind the elite's candidate, Hillary lol
    THAT is not an argument. That has nothing to do with Trump an the Judge. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I think its fair to bring up that the poster is a known troll who lives in some fantasy world.
    Should read the posting guidelines, you can't call anyone a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Supreme Court is not covered by the code.
    Very true. Which means there is zero legal grounds for it. But we know how Republicans are. They will scream and yell that the government spends to much money. But will investigate the situation into millions of dollars of debt and recycle it over and over again until either they get their way or it somehow fits there political agenda. No amount of money is enough unless they hear the answer they desire. The truth doesn't matter. Because you know.. they are the party of faith (repped by Trump.. ROFL)

THAT is not an argument. That has nothing to do with Trump an the Judge. LOL.

Oh really? I thought we were done with that subject cause you apparently have the absolute undisputed facts lol

But like I said before, support Hillary, like your weak boy of a candidate sanders did

Or you can support the candidate that the entire establishment and brainwashed indoctrinated debt slaves in college rushed to try and stop

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? I thought we were done with that subject cause you apparently have the absolute undisputed facts lol

But like I said before, support Hillary, like your weak boy of a candidate sanders did

Or you can support the candidate that the entire establishment and brainwashed indoctrinated debt slaves in college rushed to try and stop
    You are saying words that make no sense. I never put any support behind sanders. ever.

You're the one who's brainwashed. You can't admit that Trump is a liar, has lied, and is frequently wrong.

Say it now:

Trump was WRONG about the judge. That is undisputed fact.

You've been caught perpetuating a lie. and your only response is "Hey look over there"

You are a child. You are mentally immature. You cannot take responsibility for your actions. You cannot accept when something conflicts with the deluded reality you have set up. You should really psychological help.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-13 at 10:37 PM.

You are saying words that make no sense. I never put any support behind sanders. ever.

You're the one who's brainwashed. You can't admit that Trump is a liar, has lied, and is frequently wrong.

Say it now:

Trump was WRONG about the judge. That is undisputed fact.
    No actually he wasn't, the judge is a proven affiliate of la raza and no matter how triggered you get that doesn't make it not true

7+ Year Old Account
    No actually he wasn't, the judge is a proven affiliate of la raza and no matter how triggered you get that doesn't make it not true
    He was not. At all. You are liar. Stop lying.

Please provide your proof.

Here's mine: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...s-group-stron/
    and here: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/la-r...smear-campaign
    and here: http://www.snopes.com/judge-curiel-la-raza-kkk/
    and here: http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/...uriel-la-raza/

I'll say it again. You really need to get psychological help. You are falling into fantasy because reality doesn't match your preconceived notions.

Do you need a friend or loved one to call in some help? It's OK. Mental disorders are a disease like any other. You can get the help you need. Don't let the stigma prevent you from getting help.
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2016-07-13 at 08:37 PM.

Tell Hillary to stop lying lol

La raza judge is la raza like hardcore la raza