Poll: How long would you like Legion to last?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How long would you like Legion to last?

We have been told that there will be 3 raid tiers for Legion. Given this information, we should expect about 4 major content patches (7.1-7.4). In an ideal situation, how long would you like the expansion to last for these 4 major content patches? For reference, MoP was a 26 month expansion with 3 raid tiers and 4 major content patches.

I voted 24 months, but real response to that question is: at least 3 raid tiers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We have been told that there will be 3 raid tiers for Legion. Given this information, we should expect about 4 major content patches (7.1-7.4). In an ideal situation, how long would you like the expansion to last for these 4 major content patches? For reference, MoP was a 26 month expansion with 3 raid tiers and 4 major content patches.
    What they said is that there will be *at least* 3 tiers, including the launch one. They also stated that Legion might last longer than 2 years. They seem to finally understand a raid tier should always last no more than 9 or 10 months. So long as they adhere to that, Legion can last however long they want.

If they manage to keep World Quests and Mythic+ dungeons relevant, there will always be stuff to do. If we assume raid patches at 7.0, 7.2 and 7.4 with minor content patches in between, i'd not even be disappointed if Legion lasts 2-2,5 years.

If content is good, there is no need to rush 8.0

10+ Year Old Account
    About two years seems reasonable if they simply pace out the raid tiers, so that each one is about 8 months, rather than 6 months, 6 months, 1 year.

I mean, they've already said they've given up on faster expansions, so we basically know it'll be in the two-year vicinity. Hopefully they just dedicate themselves to making a solid amount of patch content and figure out the pacing properly based on a two-year expansion cycle.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I'm just glad Blizzard has finally realized they can't deliver on an expansion a year. I'm happy with any length expansion as long as we get new content every ~3 months. If that means 3 patches with raid tiers and 2 or 3 without, I'm happy. I just don't want yet another expansion with nearly of year of the final raid tier patch as the only content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

2 years, but with better paced content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Approximately 2 year is an ideal xpac length. The key is they NEED to get the content patch pacing down solid. We need 4-6 content patches pretty evenly spread out so that there is no content drought at the end of the xpac. There always needs to be something that we're looking forward to not far off.

I would rather WoD have been shorter. As it stands, WoD is the same length as TBC. Legion, I would like to stretch out with more patches than ever before. Of course, if I expect anything I'll get disappointed.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

2 years roughly, seems to be the trend

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    What they said is that there will be *at least* 3 tiers, including the launch one. They also stated that Legion might last longer than 2 years. They seem to finally understand a raid tier should always last no more than 9 or 10 months. So long as they adhere to that, Legion can last however long they want.
    Does EN and Nighthold count as 2 Tiers?

About two years' time. I'd be fine with the Mists amount of patches as long as they're spread out somewhat evenly so we don't get the draught at the end tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Does EN and Nighthold count as 2 Tiers?
    Nope, been said to be in the same tier, just different item level gear, like Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry.

24 months. I wonder if people really want to run the same world quests and dungeons for 24 months tho

12 months. Content patches are always a fraction of the content that is there at launch. launch has HUGE amount of stuff to do. and then we always have 12 months where we get nothing. 2 years is way too long. I always get bored way before then. so yeah 12 months total would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    12 months. Content patches are always a fraction of the content that is there at launch. launch has HUGE amount of stuff to do. and then we always have 12 months where we get nothing. 2 years is way too long. I always get bored way before then. so yeah 12 months total would be my pick.
    Mine too!

I've been a lapsed raider for years now, so more often than not my account is now frozen. I continue to return for a couple of months whenever a new expansion hits though, so I wish that would happen more often.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    About two years' time. I'd be fine with the Mists amount of patches as long as they're spread out somewhat evenly so we don't get the draught at the end tier.

Nope, been said to be in the same tier, just different item level gear, like Highmaul/Blackrock Foundry.
    Didn't BRF give better gear?

2 years as long as the content can last that long. Better paced content patches as well.

1.5 to 2 years with well paced content patches spread out is the ideal MMO release schedule in my opinion. Engaging content patches are key, though.

Ideally I'd say you want about 18 years for the expansion with a final "epilogue" type content patch that wraps up the plot threads and lays the foundation of the next expansion around 21 months and your pre-expansion patch at 23 months, then next expansion a month after it.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2016-07-13 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Didn't BRF give better gear?
    Yes, that's what I mean. Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry are in the same tier but BRF has higher item level drops.

Same goes for Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold. EN comes out a couple weeks into Legion and a few months later we'll get NH, which will have Tier pieces and other higher item level gear.

The quality of the content I've seen in beta is exceptional. Really I don't mind if Blizz stops trying to impose timetables on themselves going forward as long as the content maintains this level of quality and is reasonably paced.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.