Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I don't see how radical far right is a good thing either. And that there is in abundance.
    Well they won't get elected anytime soon anyway

I've voted strictly Republican since the days of the man in my avatar himself (rip), but this election I'll vote for Clinton, because fuck that clown Trump. Reagan's turning in his grave, I'm sure.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-07-13 at 07:46 PM.

Well to be fair it is kinda hard to know wether an object you are looking at is moving away from you or if you are moving yourself. So I guess I can see why he thinks that.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how radical far right is a good thing either. And that there is in abundance.
    I think the radical far right is a loud minority that's particularly energized this year, and they're just dragging the medium-right along for the ride.

Like my uncle is far from an extremist, but he's going to vote for Trump just because he can't stand Hillary. He knows Trump is awful. He just thinks Clinton is more awful.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Paul Ryan is just doing his part to keep Team Red vs. Team Blue ideas firmly stuck in peoples' heads even as funcionally and philosophically they become one party.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    And? Is moving "far far far" to the left bad?
    Definitely. Moving far to the left isnt any better than moving far to the right (which the republicans are guilty of). Like in most things, the best is to try and find common ground in the middle. That's what our government should be doing compared to the pissing contest we've had for the last several years.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    They all suckle the cocks of corporations, so they can't be that far to the left.
    Exactly. Most democrats are actually what I'd consider closer to centrists.

and thats what they said 20 years ago, and yet TTP, bank bailouts ect, Obama is the best conservative president in a generation when you factor in the do nothing congress

with each Republican primary its a race who can go the most to the right and then you have them saying this garbage.

Its sad after Ryan's "I was wrong" speech I kinda thought he may actually be a leader but now with this and few other things he's said/done that was a one of incident of conscious that won't be the norm.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2016-07-13 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    Definitely. Moving far to the left isnt any better than moving far to the right (which the republicans are guilty of). Like in most things, the best is to try and find common ground in the middle. That's what our government should be doing compared to the pissing contest we've had for the last several years.
    What would moving far far far to the left mean for democrats?

One far would be center. Two fars would be center left. Three fars would be Left.

Still not as bad as republicans who are off the deep end.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    The Democrats are Center-Right. The Republicans have just gone batshit insane and became the far right.
    Closer to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I think the radical far right is a loud minority that's particularly energized this year, and they're just dragging the medium-right along for the ride.

Like my uncle is far from an extremist, but he's going to vote for Trump just because he can't stand Hillary. He knows Trump is awful. He just thinks Clinton is more awful.
    Yeah, your candidates are such quality.... It's just bad and worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Still not as bad as republicans who are off the deep end.
    You'll never get what you want with that attitude. It is just based off fear of the worst.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-07-13 at 07:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    No shit, taxes pay for public benefits? Of course the majority of the country doesn't benefit from them, we're just now starting to get those things established. How do people who make decent money not benefit from free health care?
    Easy, paying a couple hundred bucks a month is nothing compared to having your taxes raised by.. say 20% ?

That of course depends on your salary, in some cases it may actually be the opposite. But the more you earn the less you benefit from it and the more you actuallly suffer from it.

So essentially the for profit healthcare system rewards the successful, while what you propose punishes them.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-07-13 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Well to be fair it is kinda hard to know wether an object you are looking at is moving away from you or if you are moving yourself. So I guess I can see why he thinks that.
    You should post more often.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The democrats are moving to the left?

A tip for Paul Ryan:

Put your hands out in front of you, palms facing away. Make and L shape with your thumb and index finger. The side that has the L facing the correct way is the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    Easy, paying a couple hundred bucks a month is nothing compared to having your taxes raised by.. say 20% ?
    To be fair other developed countries with universal healthcare have citizen wasting less money on health, so you got it backward. Literally 70-80% of the population paying their taxes is less then the amount spend visiting the doctor in their life time. While private insurances are fucking you deep in the butt instead for scraps.

The government run those thing with all possible funds, even at a loss. The insurance is there to make money. The private industry you work for is there to make money and simply take from your pay to get your insurances if they want to. Its just more expansive when its private, because they are in for the profit.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-13 at 07:54 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    To be fair other developed countries with universal healthcare have citizen wasting less money on health, so you got it backward. Literally 70-80% of the population paying their taxes is less then the times they will visit the doctor in their life time. While private insurances are fucking you deep in the butt instead.
    I don't see how this contradicts an easy to understand mathematical fact.

I mean I get that it's risky or outright bad for some people, no system is perfect. But I prefer this system, for the reasons mentioned above and they're true.
    Last edited by sheggaro; 2016-07-13 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The democrats are moving to the left?

A tip for Paul Ryan:

Put your hands out in front of you, palms facing away. Make and L shape with your thumb and index finger. The side that has the L facing the correct way is the left side.
    Well if he's looking at the democrats and they're looking at him, if the Dems move to their own right, it would be moving to Ryan's left, so I guess it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

If your company increases your pay by the amount that they were currently paying in health insurance, the increased tax rate won't hurt you all that bad. You may have slightly less take home pay than you had before, but you also never have to be wondering how you'll pay your healthcare costs when you're at your most vulnerable. Sounds like a deal to me.

I mean I get that it's risky or outright bad for some people, no system is perfect. But I prefer this system, for the reasons mentioned above and they're true.
    Because when my father had an open heart surgery, he could just wipe his butt with the 75k bill afterward, that was his taxes worth for decades lol (taxes for everything, not just healthcare.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Depends how often you actually need the healthcare as well. I do think if you wish to have your own insurance there should be some kind of opt out choice where you receive a decent tax deductible.
    Thats a stupid system, wouldnt work because we would only begin to pay for it when we need it (being old) Which means its when we all make the less money, aside from being childs and students. Its always cheaper for the people when its public, simply because the government is really not after direct profit from the healthcare system. Hence youll always pay less for a public insurance then private one overall. Which is why US citizen pay more for healthcare then universal healthcare countries.

Its like public education, you cant opt in or out. Otherwise we all opt in when we are students, except we are poor and then we all opt out when we finally are on the working market. I mean the best system would be if you used the public system once, you cant opt out anymore. If you really have a choice, but 90+% of the population wont have a choice anyway. Because those public system help the citizen when hes at his poorest, thats why its social services.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-07-13 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If your company increases your pay by the amount that they were currently paying in health insurance, the increased tax rate won't hurt you all that bad. You may have slightly less take home pay than you had before, but you also never have to be wondering how you'll pay your healthcare costs when you're at your most vulnerable. Sounds like a deal to me.
    I think the usual thought is "nothing will happen to me, I won't need to spend few more coins for total coverage"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the usual thought is "nothing will happen to me, I won't need to spend few more coins for total coverage"
    Yeah I think people who object to the taxes don't realize that their salaries are already suppressed because companies look at the total cost of compensation for a person, not the headline rate. And then they also fail to factor in the cost of copays, deductibles, etc.