Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    You guys don't even try to hide it anymore do you?
    I have nothing to hide.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Oh nice they deny the shootings part but leave just enough rope to keep the race circle jerk going.
    Not really a circle jerk when they clearly show that there is racial bias in how the police handle minorities. Maybe they're not shot at a higher rate but they're still beaten far more. If you don't think that's an issue then I guess yeah I could see how you would view it as a circle jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bollocks View Post
    So yeah @Quetzl it does not cover all police interactions. It covers NYC Stop and Frisk program, which technically covers 41% of police interactions in NY and public surverys. The police interaction things only covers when it comes to shootings. And shootings are so rare that the data this study uses is not ideal and only covers as I mentioned earlier 4% of the U.S. population. So it does not have the requisites to provide definite conclusions.

In regards to your critique to BLM:
    My vulgar theory is police shootings is simply becoming a rallying point for communities that have more negative interactions with the police.
    It covers way more than the stop and frisk program. According to the article, the study covered police departments in a number of major cities. While the conclusions are certainly not definite, the evidence presented in this study stands in stark contrast to the majority belief - finding not only no racial bias, but if anything, a racial bias against white people when it comes to police killings.

The margins of error for such a study would probably not be large enough for a racial bias against African Americans to go entirely unnoticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Not really a circle jerk when they clearly show that there is racial bias in how the police handle minorities. Maybe they're not shot at a higher rate but they're still beaten far more. If you don't think that's an issue then I guess yeah I could see how you would view it as a circle jerk.
    Far more might be a bit of a stretch. Unless you're going to turn around and say that white people are shot far more frequently than black people.

Either way, the magnitude of the effect is not large. Again, the civilians studied claimed that there was a 305% racial bias against African Americans when it came to an officer drawing a gun, when in reality the bias is 7% and within the range of error for an even split.

For another comparison, self-reporting suggested that African Americans were 87% more likely to be subject to pepper spraying by police. Real statistics show a 14% bias against white people.

Self reporting just doesn't line up with reality at all, and it really undermines this idea of systemic, institutionalized racism. That isn't to say that racism doesn't exist, of course. But when you look at the statistics, a lot of the claims being made just don't have much backing them.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2016-07-13 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Far more might be a bit of a stretch. Unless you're going to turn around and say that white people are shot far more frequently than black people.

Either way, the magnitude of the effect is not large. Again, the civilians studied claimed that there was a 305% racial bias against African Americans when it came to an officer drawing a gun, when in reality the bias is 7% and within the range of error for an even split.

For another comparison, self-reporting suggested that African Americans were 87% more likely to be subject to pepper spraying by police. Real statistics show a 14% bias against white people.

Self reporting just doesn't line up with reality at all, and it really undermines this idea of systemic, institutionalized racism. That isn't to say that racism doesn't exist, of course. But when you look at the statistics, a lot of the claims being made just don't have much backing them.
    "Far More" was just a matter of speech but even 7% seems far too high to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I have nothing to hide.
    Of course not. It always comes out anyway.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    "Far More" was just a matter of speech but even 7% seems far too high to me.
    It's within the range of error.

Studies like this can't control for all variables. This one controlled for a lot of variables. But personally, I think this statistic is probably correct. I find it plausible that police more often use nonlethal force for dealing with suspects if they are African American. Whether or not this is justifiable given statistics of violent crime is another debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who don't already understand this won't be swayed by logic, reason or facts.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    The people who don't already understand this won't be swayed by logic, reason or facts.
    Statistics were way sketchier before. Many of these racial justice movements were capitalizing on fear and lack of information. This takes some of that away.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Why is it when I post a study from the same or similar sources, I am attacked for sample size and other reasons, despite it being statistically fine. Meanwhile we are taking this one at face value

#Greymanestatsmatter
    Cause its all you do and we might be getting tired of jaylock genngreymane and tennisace threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Statistics were way sketchier before. Many of these racial justice movements were capitalizing on fear and lack of information. This takes some of that away.
    Sounds like election year stuff in the USA

What a shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The pattern of what gets torn to shreds for silly reasons is not studies posted by GennGreymane. It's studies that might suggest even a little bit that there's some merit to the concerns of the dreaded "SJWs."
    So like I said a Genngreyman jaylock tennisace threads are always the same and well people are getting tired of them.

But anyways studies are always good at finding the merits to things they originally supporting most of the time anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Agreed. Probably something to do with how easy it is to feel an emotion rather than a structured thought.

- - - Updated - - -

It's proportionally in line with how much more crime they commit, though: http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/...vised-edition/

Before people get the wrong idea, I do not think that black people are naturally more predisposed to commit crime, but I think we need to have a more honest discussion and realise that there are clearly more serious underlying issues that should be addressed first.
    A very interesting read from a well educated author:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katheryn_Russell-Brown

The TL;DR

Major Findings
    •The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
    •There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
    •In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a non-black to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.
    •In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
    •In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting” — defined as firing a bullet that hits someone — a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely.
    •If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
    •In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
    •In 2015, a black person was 2.45 times more likely than a white person to be shot and killed by the police. A Hispanic person was 1.21 times more likely. These figures are well within what would be expected given race differences in crime rates and likelihood to resist arrest.
    •In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks.
    •Both violent and non-violent crime has been declining in the United States since a high in 1993. 2015 saw a disturbing rise in murder in major American cities that some observers associated with “depolicing” in response to intense media and public scrutiny of police activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Jaylock and Tennisace are a different story and have nothing to do with SJWs.

But yes, studies are always good at blah blah blah because fuck if we ever actually bother to understand statistics or individual studies.
    I dont think your getting what im saying. It has nothing to do with SJW.

All three of those users are well known for throwing up multiple threads in order to bait people into a discussion that starts arguements while they say witty one liners after posting the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    A very interesting read from a well educated author:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katheryn_Russell-Brown

The TL;DR

Major Findings
    •The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
    •There are dramatic race differences in crime rates. Asians have the lowest rates, followed by whites, and then Hispanics. Blacks have notably high crime rates. This pattern holds true for virtually all crime categories and for virtually all age groups.
    •In 2013, a black was six times more likely than a non-black to commit murder, and 12 times more likely to murder someone of another race than to be murdered by someone of another race.
    •In 2013, of the approximately 660,000 crimes of interracial violence that involved blacks and whites, blacks were the perpetrators 85 percent of the time. This meant a black person was 27 times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa. A Hispanic was eight times more likely to attack a white person than vice versa.
    •In 2014 in New York City, a black was 31 times more likely than a white to be arrested for murder, and a Hispanic was 12.4 times more likely. For the crime of “shooting” — defined as firing a bullet that hits someone — a black was 98.4 times more likely than a white to be arrested, and a Hispanic was 23.6 times more likely.
    •If New York City were all white, the murder rate would drop by 91 percent, the robbery rate by 81 percent, and the shootings rate by 97 percent.
    •In an all-white Chicago, murder would decline 90 percent, rape by 81 percent, and robbery by 90 percent.
    •In 2015, a black person was 2.45 times more likely than a white person to be shot and killed by the police. A Hispanic person was 1.21 times more likely. These figures are well within what would be expected given race differences in crime rates and likelihood to resist arrest.
    •In 2015, police killings of blacks accounted for approximately 4 percent of homicides of blacks. Police killings of unarmed blacks accounted for approximately 0.6 percent of homicides of blacks. The overwhelming majority of black homicide victims (93 percent from 1980 to 2008) were killed by blacks.
    •Both violent and non-violent crime has been declining in the United States since a high in 1993. 2015 saw a disturbing rise in murder in major American cities that some observers associated with “depolicing” in response to intense media and public scrutiny of police activity.
    *watches far leftists stick figers in their ears while shouting..."LALALA WHITE PRIVLEDGE LALALA SAFE SPACES AND MICROAGGRESSIONS LALALA BLACK LIVES MATTER"*

We all know facts don't matter to BLM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Cause its all you do and we might be getting tired of jaylock genngreymane and tennisace threads.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like election year stuff in the USA
    Dont compare me to those legends.