Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I'm not saying the guy is a saint, I'm questioning whether the shooting is justified or not. Resisting is not grounds for shooting in my book. The key here is whether he reached for the weapon or not. You can't see "clearly" in the video evidence but I can't imagine what other evidence they could provide other than "They said so"
    Are you sure you're from Texas? lol

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    Nobody knew what his criminal record was until AFTER he was shot dead, not even the cops ... so talking about his past is pointless in this conversation.

We're talking about cops being way too quick to kill someone because they "perceive" a threat when usually they're the ones that escalate the situation. Everyone seems to think that because they're police officers, they somehow get an automatic pass for everything they do - or that we should take what they say at face value with no questions asked.

Do you think they would have had to kill the man if they had remained calm instead of immediately going full offensive mode and escalating the situation for no reason? Do you think a lot of police interactions would go differently if police were trained better in de escalation better and how to handle distressed or mentally ill suspects better?
    Well, with all the BLM and pitchforks and other retarded, moronic groups out there -- police officers have every right to be on edge. I personally think they should have just tazed him, even though he was reaching for his gun. Tazing him would have ended this whole controversy and another bad guy would be off the street for years again. Instead, we have this "social commentary" and second-questioning these police officers who have to deal with shit fuck criminals day in and day fucking out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Last year there were 4,224 murders, not all of black people, among a population of 37,685,848 black Americans. Are you telling me that it's OK to treat nearly forty million people like criminals because of the actions of 0.01%?
    Forty million people are not treated like criminals because of 0,01%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure you're from Texas? lol
    In south Texas we're a little more liberal even crazier is I come from a family where all the men are in law enforcement lol

You seem to like to categorize people into tiny little groups that youve learned to insult and place youre narrow biases on.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeline10 View Post
    But for people, particularly these BLM folks to get out pitchforks every time a black criminal resists arrests or does something wrong and police do what they were trained to do, it's especially disheartening because as we saw in Dallas, police officers put their lives on the line, literally, to help protect the public and us civilians at all cost.
    I'm presenting facts amongst a SLEW of SJW teenager's with underdeveloped brains posting on the forums spreading utter nonsense.
    "herp derp let's take the criminal's side who was resisting arrest herrrp deerrpp"

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Ding ding ding.

This guy Nixx has his head in the sand and only wants to regurgitate things he overhears his folks say upstairs that fits his narrative. It's a strange time we're living in..

Well, with all the BLM and pitchforks and other retarded, moronic groups out there -- police officers have every right to be on edge. I personally think they should have just tazed him, even though he was reaching for his gun. Tazing him would have ended this whole controversy and another bad guy would be off the street for years again. Instead, we have this "social commentary" and second-questioning these police officers who have to deal with shit fuck criminals day in and day fucking out.
    One of the important notes, and an accurate comparison to make, is how US police handle situations vs say UK or German police officers who manage to very rarely have to discharge their weapons despite dealing with the same scumbags.

I would argue that it more comes down to training differences. Training in the US is chock full of paranoia based fearmongering to get new officers "in line," along with minimal firearms training, minimal exercises on diffusing situations, and the whole training process being able rush processing officers into the field over giving them adequate training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Seems like it when theyre being gunned down in the streets for reaching for perceived weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Pistol whip that ass imo
    If you pistol whip him, he's alive to sue you after the fact.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Ding ding ding.

This guy Nixx has his head in the sand and only wants to regurgitate things he overhears his folks say upstairs that fits his narrative. It's a strange time we're living in..
    Youre doing it again. This is getting pretty insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You seem to like to categorize people into tiny little groups that youve learned to insult and place youre narrow biases on.
    I would imagine with age, and more schooling, you will come around and see what's really happening. Perhaps when you have a family of your own, children, a wife. These things all make you look at life differently. When you're part of a community, have a steady job, etc.

Right now, you're just some SJW kid posting on a gaming forum desperately trying to be confrontational and trying even harder to be controversial.

It's a phase, you'll grow out of it. I did. Most people do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    One of the important notes, and an accurate comparison to make, is how US police handle situations vs say UK or German police officers who manage to very rarely have to discharge their weapons despite dealing with the same scumbags.

I would argue that it more comes down to training differences. Training in the US is chock full of paranoia based fearmongering to get new officers "in line," along with minimal firearms training, minimal exercises on diffusing situations, and the whole training process being able rush processing officers into the field over giving them adequate training.
    Well take a look at the criminals are police officers have to deal with. The paranoia is real.

You knew what I meant.

Crime is a thing.

Is more crime being committed by whites or blacks? I didn't mean to say "most black people commit crimes," and I think you damn well knew what I meant.

Prison is a thing.

Are more blacks and people of color incarcerated or are whites?

These are quite obviously rhetorical, btw.
    You're using an example of incarceration rates, but did you bother to ask why more blacks are being convicted for stupid offenses like marijuana possession than whites even though they smoke it at the same rates?

Easier to target disenfranchised and poor black areas than it is some middle class suburban white area where you might arrest a judges kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Come on.... police wont be found civilly liable when using certain amounts of force, ie "pistol whipping" (lol) someone, when resisting arrest, if that person is being lawfully detained by police officers with reasonable suspension that a crime had been committed.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-07-13 at 08:01 PM.

No, the cops have every right to remain calm and level headed ... that's what their job is.

You're using an example of incarceration rates, but did you bother to ask why more blacks are being convicted for stupid offenses like marijuana possession than whites even though they smoke it at the same rates?

Easier to target disenfranchised and poor black areas than it is some middle class suburban white area where you might arrest a judges kid.
    Perhaps those neighborhoods are being traveled more by police officers because the crime rate in that part of town is far higher?

Just food for thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Bah screw that, it's non lethal... for the most part

I would imagine with age, and more schooling, you will come around and see what's really happening. Perhaps when you have a family of your own, children, a wife. These things all make you look at life differently. When you're part of a community, have a steady job, etc.

Right now, you're just some SJW kid posting on a gaming forum desperately trying to be confrontational and trying even harder to be controversial.

It's a phase, you'll grow out of it. I did. Most people do.

- - - Updated - - -

Well take a look at the criminals are police officers have to deal with. The paranoia is real.
    Except our criminals are no better or worse than criminals in other first world countries, but yet our officers discharge their weapons at a massively higher rate. Police training in those countries is a lot longer than what we have in the US where our training measures are more rush jobs to get bodies in the field.

Firearms training was a fucking joke. People were passing their "tests" despite not being able to hit a target without fully unloading their weapon. There was also not near enough exercises or training in how to avoid escalation.

But know what we did get? An absolute fuck load of totally exaggerated and ridiculous drills and videos on you dying while having the "shoot first" mentality forced into your head from day one. I'd wager most people haven't actually been through the training.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

No, the cops have every right to remain calm and level headed ... that's what their job is.
    I agree. They should have just tased him while the perp was reaching for his gun. Then another bad guy would be off the streets and the cops wouldn't be caught up in this awful situation they're in due to the attitudes of a lot of people in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Seems like it when theyre being gunned down in the streets for reaching for perceived weapons.
    Forty million were gunned down? Proof?

Now back to the fact of the matter. The guy up north that was shot going for his I.D. should never have happend and I cant see why the cop would have had his gun trained on him to start with. There is a special place in hell for that cop. The guy in Baton Rouge I wasnt there, neither were you so I will stay out of it til something more concrete is presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Except our criminals are no better or worse than criminals in other first world countries, but yet our officers discharge their weapons at a massively higher rate. Police training in those countries is a lot longer than what we have in the US where our training measures are more rush jobs to get bodies in the field.

Firearms training was a fucking joke. People were passing their "tests" despite not being able to hit a target without fully unloading their weapon. There was also not near enough exercises or training in how to avoid escalation.

But know what we did get? An absolute fuck load of totally exaggerated and ridiculous drills and videos on you dying while having the "shoot first" mentality forced into your head from day one. I'd wager most people haven't actually been through the training.
    Do all those countries allow their citizens to carry firearms like the United States of America?