Thread: Trove

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foorun View Post
    During the tutorial it tells you how to get your cornerstone for the first time, the same principle to summon it whenever you wish, at another cornerstone plot. It is essentially a little blank space in the world with a sign, they are all over the place.

In regards to building in worlds, each one is procedurally generated, so, once everyone has left that world, it ceases to exist.
    Thanks =) Ok, so do other people see my plot, is it open for business so people can step inside and say hello and I can step into others?

So the world is not a persistent server, it's more built of instances so people move along on different ones all the time?

Ya people can use your crafting bench if you have one for example. You can own your own persistent server to build in but adventuring ones are randomly generated. Think diablo or path
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The building lacks the depth of minecraft
    You must not have played much to say that. Original minecraft was pretty low key building. In terms of dept neither game has it in spades. For width, this game has for more things to build with core components to collect than vanilla minecraft. You can't exactly factor in thousands of mods from players and not the creator in the equation, though you can say one has better mod support.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    the combat lacks mechanics
    Sorta? But it's not supposed to be PoE or D3. It's a minecraft styled ARPG, blending both types of games while simplifying the gameplay. It's quite a clean design so to speak. Adding 10 more abilities or maknig 200 affixes doesn't change what they are trying to accomplish so there's no reason to have it.

I'll just play either of the other ARPGs I mentioned if that's the design I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Thanks =) Ok, so do other people see my plot, is it open for business so people can step inside and say hello and I can step into others?

So the world is not a persistent server, it's more built of instances so people move along on different ones all the time?
    Correct. Plus you can make club(guild) which is persistent land people can come party with you at and you can build whatever you want there.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Trove is a solid effort at blending two genre's together in a pleasing way. The dungeon crawling and building are both as satisfactory as each other, with a reward system complementing both.

I think the "mobile home" that you have on adventure worlds is a great idea. A way to change your HUB and keep all your activities local to your points of interest. The environmental design is varied, with enemy designs following suit. Encounters have so far been basic, with a dragon encounter to note, whereby I was forced to fight centrally at the top of a volcano. Trying to escape caused a magnetic pull and I had to inventively manage my jump +7 to hover just above him.

All in all, really great pass time. Though, I've been experiencing considerable lag on the EU server.

Solid 7/10 from me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You must not have played much to say that. Original minecraft was pretty low key building. In terms of dept neither game has it in spades. For width, this game has for more things to build with core components to collect than vanilla minecraft. You can't exactly factor in thousands of mods from players and not the creator in the equation, though you can say one has better mod support.

Sorta? But it's not supposed to be PoE or D3. It's a minecraft styled ARPG, blending both types of games while simplifying the gameplay. It's quite a clean design so to speak. Adding 10 more abilities or maknig 200 affixes doesn't change what they are trying to accomplish so there's no reason to have it.

I'll just play either of the other ARPGs I mentioned if that's the design I want.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. Plus you can make club(guild) which is persistent land people can come party with you at and you can build whatever you want there.
    it's not because the game is bad
    but it's not good enough for long term investments

it doesn't have enough adventuring and combat mechanics to make dungeons and bosses stay fun forever, at some point you don't rly need upgrades on your gear and you've done all the dungeons so many times that it's not fun anymore

For the building, outside og club homes you're limited to a small cornerstone and therefor limited to what you can and can't build, whereas a game like minecraft have a big open world free for you where you can build pretty much whatever you want

this combined with the game being f2p but still limitting you a bit if you don't pay just makes for a huge pot of candy where it's fun at the start but once you eat too much it's just unpleasant
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-07-29 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    it's not because the game is bad
    but it's not good enough for long term investments

it doesn't have enough adventuring and combat mechanics to make dungeons and bosses stay fun forever, at some point you don't rly need upgrades on your gear and you've done all the dungeons so many times that it's not fun anymore
    I agree with the way this is phrased. The replayability of a typical RPG isn't built in. But, this is where I think the MMO aspect will come into play. This is an online game which means it will receive iterative development and 'constant' updates.

Part of the draw is acquiring all the cosmetic goodies, part of it is being able to unlock the various classes, but at the end of the day I expect there will be new types of content, new biomes, and all of that jazzto make replayability much greater than current. I don't disagree with Zito thinking it's easy to play it too much and get bored, because it is designed to be a very casual game...just like you said, it's not bad it's just designed a different way.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Btw anyone knows how far off next patch is? Heard it would have pvp in it

10+ Year Old Account
    This caught me by surprise, i log into Trove now and then and always found the newb area full of players but Trion are now claiming Trove has over 5 million 'registered' players from over 100 countries playing

You can see a breakdown infograph here:

https://www.trionworlds.com/trove/20...g-to-consoles/

The more interesting news though is that Trove is getting released on Console this year, both PS and X-Box One

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah. Can't wait for it on PS4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Hell yeah. Can't wait for it on PS4.
    Same. Gonna play that one for sure. Maybe we can go punch some pixel dragons in the face together sometime.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Are accounts going to carry over?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. Gonna play that one for sure. Maybe we can go punch some pixel dragons in the face together sometime.
    Absolutely =p

did the game get any more depth to it? Last I played was when the tomb raiser came out and well there wasn't much to do and it was extremely repetitive and most locations very barren.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a Playstation 4 or an X-Box One or you're getting one of them for Christmas? Then this might interest you.

All details here:

http://www.trionworlds.com/trove/?p=...medium=article

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I've only ever played it lazily on PC at least I wouldn't lose too much progress swapping over. Will definitely check it out.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Considering I've only ever played it lazily on PC at least I wouldn't lose too much progress swapping over. Will definitely check it out.
    Same, I'm much more willing to plop on the couch for a spell and whack away at it. Great candidate for a console game.
    BAD WOLF

Not a fan of Trion or how they handle there games.........

But I may have to give this a shot on ps4, does anyone know if its f2p or what? I don't know shit about it.

Also can anyone join the beta or will it be limited.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not a fan of Trion or how they handle there games.........

But I may have to give this a shot on ps4, does anyone know if its f2p or what? I don't know shit about it.

Also can anyone join the beta or will it be limited.
    It's their only decent game. And yeah it's f2p.

Same, I'm much more willing to plop on the couch for a spell and whack away at it.
    Giggity!

This game seems like a good step up from Minecraft for the nieces and nephews.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Giggity!

This game seems like a good step up from Minecraft for the nieces and nephews.
    Honestly while I hate Trion for Rift and Archeage right now. Trove is a brilliant game. I would honestly recommend it to people.