Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    Mastery got changed recently to add absorbs. Doubt they'll add reflects anytime soon.
    Brambles is an absorb also, so mastery should boost it also.

Deleted
    But does it increase the healing from healers?

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Yes, all healing.

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    If a healer heals you for 100 with 50% mastery, you'll heal yourself for 50.
    So you'll be healed for 150, 100 from the healer, 50 from yourself (on the logs)

quick question, fellow bears. is galactic guardian a must? and if not is it ok to use moonfire only for ranged pulls and then use Pulverise > mangle > thrash > swipe as priority rotation? i got used to my 1 button macro =)

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    quick question, fellow bears. is galactic guardian a must? and if not is it ok to use moonfire only for ranged pulls and then use Pulverise > mangle > thrash > swipe as priority rotation? i got used to my 1 button macro =)
    galactic guardian is good in aoe situations. single target you just keep the moonfire dot ticking, refreshing once in a while, spamming swipe as a filler.
    I could be wrong though, maybe it's not tuned properly yet. either way, I think it's their design to Soul of the Forest on signel target, Galactic for aoe sustained dmg and procs, and Incarnation for burst.
    Last edited by Hostile; 2016-07-14 at 09:19 AM.

If your only concern is to use a 1 button rotation, I'm not sure why you care what your talents are. A 1 button macro can't account for Gore (mangle) procs, and Bear tanks want to mangle every time its up.

But to answer your question directly, no GG isn't a must. You could pick INC, but that also wouldn't work with a 1 button macro since you want to be spamming Mangle while INC is up. Also, Pulverize is the weakest lvl 100 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
    galactic guardian is good in aoe situations. single target you just keep the moonfire dot ticking, refreshing once in a while, spamming swipe as a filler.
    I could be wrong though, maybe it's not tuned properly yet. either way, I think it's their design to Soul of the Forest on signel target, Galactic for aoe sustained dmg and procs, and Incarnation for burst.
    Negative, unless SotF gets buffed, it falls behind GG even in single target. Numbers wise GG is default and INC is used for burst situations.

Arielle @ the INC BEAR provides the math.
    http://www.theincbear.com/legion-talent-review
    Last edited by Kioga; 2016-07-14 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioga View Post
    A 1 button macro can't account for Gore (mangle) procs. If your only concern is to use a 1 button rotation, I'm not sure why you care what your talents are. Also pulverize is the weakest lvl 100 talent, so you are already gimping yourself by choosing it.
    Technically its not an ingame macro. I use logitech keyboard with programmable buttons. Works like a charm. Can make a video on request

I use Incarn for short fights (Outdoor content / rares). GG is best if you don't need the burst.
    I love Lunar Beam atm. Short cooldown, some nice burst healing and AOE damage. Pulv is weak. The other one wins on long fights with large uptime (IE never having thrash fall off)

When not using GG Moonfire is useful on up to 3 targets I believe. It hits for about 120k for me atm while swipe does 40 ish.

Technically its not an ingame macro. I use logitech keyboard with programmable buttons. Works like a charm. Can make a video on request
    Please do. I would be interested to see your setup.

Although if your keyboard can detect a Gore proc and know to use mangle in place of anything else, why can't it know to use moonfire after a GG proc for the additional rage?

Negative, unless SotF gets buffed, it falls behind GG even in single target. Numbers wise GG is default and INC is used for burst situations.

Arielle @ the INC BEAR provides the math.
    http://www.theincbear.com/legion-talent-review
    yeah, I figured it's not tuned properly. I'm down though, Galactic Guardian is the shit.xD

I use Incarn for short fights (Outdoor content / rares).
    I love Lunar Beam atm. Short cooldown, some nice burst healing and AOE damage.
    INC + Lunar Beam + Rage of the Sleeper (with Nightmare perk) = God Mode ... every 3 mins
    Last edited by Kioga; 2016-07-14 at 12:04 PM.

In my experience in mythic dungeons on beta, RotS is our post powerful cd for large painful packs. The 25%leech with the talent that buffs it is insane, when coupled with swipe/thrash and the thorns effector does absurd damage. Adding incarn and/or lunar beam on top of that is complete overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    In my experience in mythic dungeons on beta, RotS is our post powerful cd for large painful packs. The 25%leech with the talent that buffs it is insane, when coupled with swipe/thrash and the thorns effector does absurd damage. Adding incarn and/or lunar beam on top of that is complete overkill.
    I would agree but Cenarius referred to short, outdoor fights and rares. Fights like those, I typically combine all CD's and then move on to the next quest.

Are you saying RotS is now giving a straight 25% leech without any other "leech" on gear? That is not how it was working but I would welcome that change.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2016-07-14 at 12:26 PM.

Please do. I would be interested to see your setup.

Although if your keyboard can detect a Gore proc and know to use mangle in place of anything else, why can't it know to use moonfire after a GG proc for the additional rage?
    it cant track procs. it can execute simple priority rotations though. i will get to it later today, after job =)

INC + Lunar Beam + Rage of the Sleeper (with Nightmare perk) = God Mode ... every 3 mins
    Barkskin + Brambles + Lunar Beam + ROTS = GOD MODE every 1.5 minutes

I would agree but Cenarius referred to short, outdoor fights and rares. Fights like those, I typically combine all CD's and then move on to the next quest.

Are you saying RotS is now giving a straight 25% leech without any other "leech" on gear? That is not how it was working but I would welcome that change.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it does. And since I got that trait, it's always worked that way (admittedly, I haven't been going that hard on beta, so I wasn't in the first group of people to unlock it). Here's a semi recent log. Note that it shows up as "leech", not ROTS (in fact, I'm not even sure what that healing on ROTS is, since it shows up as an absorb). I have 609 + 506 leech on my gear (which works out to a bit less than 5%), if you look at my summary, which doesn't really explain the amount of leech I get, at all. Actually, looking just at trash (look at that first big pull, it was a mess thanks to our laggy havoc dh who pulled everything) we can see more proof. I can say that when shit hits the fan, as soon as I pop ROTS my HP shoots up. That wouldn't be explained by 5% leech going to ~6.25%, even factoring in the thorns effect. And notice the massive contribution of leech to my healing when ROTS is hit, vs not (packs where I don't hit ROTS, you can barely see leech on the graph). Also, it would be a REALLY shitty effect if it was 25% more leech than you currently have, as it's a tertiary stat and it's quite possible to have 0 of it.

As for fighting outdoor rares... if they hit hard enough to cause concern, I will still stagger use of lunar beam and ROTS so I have two distinct heal cds (otherwise they just completely overheal). Even for a massive pack of trash mobs, only one of those is worthwhile.
    Last edited by zurm; 2016-07-14 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    As for fighting outdoor rares... if they hit hard enough to cause concern, I will still stagger use of lunar beam and ROTS so I have two distinct heal cds (otherwise they just completely overheal). Even for a massive pack of trash mobs, only one of those is worthwhile.
    I feel we are still discussing two different mindsets. When I line up my CD's in a non threatening enviroment, I'm not concerned with how much dmg I'm taking or trying to prevent. I simply want to put out as much DPS as possible and move onto the next objective. Not something I will be doing in raids or difficult content but while questing and venturing around the world, absolutely. Where it may play into raids would be during fights with a burn window which is what INC was designed for. To some it might be lil crazy and maybe a tad reckless but you still have 2 charges of SI and your AM to keep you alive while BS, Lunar Beam and RotS come back off CD. If blizz didn't want me to combine Beam with RotS, then they shouldn't have given them both a 90 sec CD. HA!

DOH!!! I forgot about BS working in tandem with Brambles.
    Last edited by Kioga; 2016-07-14 at 02:29 PM.

This is the best in case to max the DPS output, the damage and survivability bonus of Brambles is obsolete. Blood Frenzy is the talent of choice, since it's not a flat dmg reduction and the bonus scales with the number of targets.
    In general in AoE situations it is only a small survivability loss to even switch to a APL "Thrash>Swipe" which is a great DPS increase(based on simulations and mythic+ dungeon tests). Yea, that's right, no Mangle and no Moonfire (,or GG proccs) use.

Brambles is proportionally stronger the weaker the enemies are. Unlike the other options, there's also no minimum damage; anything below 24% AP is flat-out ignored.