10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    You have to visit a gym to select a team.
    Thank you kind sir/madam =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Thank you kind sir/madam =P
    Don't select Mystic, they're all snooty, holier than thou pricks

10+ Year Old Account
    is it me or are gyms mostly useless? theres no "training" pokemon there, he's just sitting there getting mauled over and over, max 10 gyms for 100 coins/day... you cant do shit with 100 coins. Im fine with paying players having some edge in free games but c'mon, 2x xp, lures, luring modules and being able to hatch 9 eggs at a time is disgusting...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Don't select Mystic, they're all snooty, holier than thou pricks
    Don't mind the plebes. Join Mystic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    #teamMystic ftw

I'm the only Mystic in my office. Everyone gives me nasty looks, I simply look down upon them in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm the only Mystic in my office. Everyone gives me nasty looks, I simply look down upon them in return.

^^
    Snooty pretentious pricks, like I said

#TeamValor

Don't be a snob, be the one that beats the snobs down.

Is it possible to find a Pokemon in your house? I'm 100 XP from leveling up and have left my game running for the past hour and haven't found anything. I'm curious if it's worth even using my battery in hopes of finding anything when it's too hot outside.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    Is it possible to find a Pokemon in your house? I'm 100 XP from leveling up and have left my game running for the past hour and haven't found anything. I'm curious if it's worth even using my battery in hopes of finding anything when it's too hot outside.
    I have a spot across the road that always spawns pokemon I can get from my room but it's far from an efficient model. I get about 8 pokemon a day with fairly regular checks, I always close down the entire app and restart periodically.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeoulve View Post
    Depends if you house is on top of a spawn area and how efficient that area is

i have no spawn area on my house and i have small non-efficient areas a few places about 20 meters away from my house. but they spawn a pokemon like once a day

Has anyone run into a problem when using a Razz Berry? I've used two so far and each time I would use the same by poke ball suddenly hook to the right and I wasted a few balls trying to account for the sudden curve. It was pretty frustrating. Also what the fuck is up with Abra I've seen him 6 times and runs away after breaking the first poke ball I throw at him.

Extremely disappointed, no substance at all. What's worse is with popularity like this (often through people who jumped the bandwagon even though they're usually "too cool" to play games) they will focus less on making real games.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Extremely disappointed, no substance at all. What's worse is with popularity like this (often through people who jumped the bandwagon even though they're usually "too cool" to play games) they will focus less on making real games.
    Nintendo didn't "make" this, it was created by Niantic (the folks that made Ingress) with Nintendo giving approval. "Real" games are in no danger, here.

Also, what do you mean by "no substance"? The games got plenty of substance, it's firmly about exploring, catching pokemon, and battling over gyms. Just instead of doing so in a game, you're doing so in the real world. Plenty of substance there, especially with all of the social interaction and "emergent" gameplay (for better or worse) that's occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    Have you been to a park and socialized with the people there? I've found myself meeting more people and having a greater social gaming experience than at any other point in my life.

Team Instinct because gen 1 used speed for the crit calculations so Zapdos's drill peck and thunderbolt were OP as heck!
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Is it true there's actually no Pokémon in the wild and that small villages are severely lacking Pokémarts and gyms to the point the game isn't worth playing at all? I'd be very disappointed because I expected Pokémon to be in forests, next to a lake/river and sand pits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    Is it true there's actually no Pokémon in the wild and that small villages are severely lacking Pokémarts and gyms to the point the game isn't worth playing at all? I'd be very disappointed because I expected Pokémon to be in forests, next to a lake/river and sand pits.
    This is true

Pokemons mostly spawn near pokestops and the further away from them you are the less pokemons spawn.
    I have a pokestop 2 miles in one direction and 3 miles the opposite direction and that's it.

Atm the game is amazing and fun for people in bigger cities as they can go out and walk from pokestop to pokestop battling gyms and meeting people. But a ton of suburbs and rural areas have no pokestops, no gyms and very very few pokemons to catch, so you don't meet other people who play the game, because it's almost impossible to play it.

The game doesn't automatically set up pokestops and gyms in different places, all of them are "player" made from a former game that they have created called Ingress.

On Ingress players could take a picture of any kind of monument/art etc. and make a "portal", this means that in areas where no one played the game there will be no pokestops and no gyms, while in other areas where there actually was people playing the game there will be many pokestops and gyms.

They ported over the locations of Portals from their former game into Pokemon Go and made them into Pokestops and Pokegyms.

http://i.imgur.com/Skh0Ywu.png
    This is an example i can give, note that not ALL pokestops/portals are shown on this map but it gives a very big indication of how they're spread out, a ton near the city and then close to none in the rural and suburb areas.

http://i.imgur.com/l3Yph8b.png Here's a closeup of the City showing all portals/pokestops

http://i.imgur.com/5vDgV1n.png and here's a closeup of a few suburb areas only a 15 min drive away from the city, showing all portals/pokestops and from there it only gets worse the further out you go.
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-07-14 at 02:13 AM.

thought this game would hold my attention, but I would rather play other things, especially seeing people with pokemon twice my highest CP

Decided to test my knee out and went walking while my niece was on her scooter. I walked exactly 2km to finish hatching my 5km eggs. Got a Goldeen and a Psyduck, caught a Staryu, Goldeen, another Sandshrew and had yet another Abra get away from me. It was nice, going out walking like that, haven't done that in years. Looking forward to doing some more of that. Sad thing is I need to hit up some pokestops now because I'm down to 7 poke balls left and I'm trying not to spend money on the game.