Did I misread one of those sims, or did it have Outlaw going Death From Above over Marked for Death at 110? Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    I stand by my post. What you said is absolutely untrue when it comes to monte carlo simulations. As an aside, the average is what you want. Relying on getting results several standard deviations outside the norm is a great way to wipe forever. Not that I believe you for one second about your RL claims, of course.

Unfortunately for you, I'm telling the truth.

You're the type of guy that doesn't understand the difference between probability and chance. Between flipping a coin with a 1 in 2 chance of heads versus a 1 out of 2 probability of heads - yet you'll come here pretending you know the difference. Ahem, neither does a sim.

You're also the type of guy that doesn't believe in multiple outcomes, which a very feasible outcome of your "coveted, error proof model". PLEASE spare me, I work for a company that has $860 billion dollars in surplus accounts and my department doesn't always get predictions right - even with 73 years worth of data. The REAL WORLD breaks the model, where the local TCR goes "wtf happened there?". So spare me the whole simulation crap. These simulators were built by a dudes in a basement and believe me, they have a lot right, but a lot wrong too.

You're not even worth the time to explain this too.

Clearly YOU got this all figured out. I'll let you go on spilling your rhetoric.
    Last edited by Angrie; 2016-07-13 at 10:35 PM.

Angrie, you should give some data to the creators of the sim, to help make sure their models are as accurate as possible. If there is a lot wrong I'm sure you would be of great assistance.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    Do we know what stats prio look like for outlaw now ? and if there is a "bad stats" or it is still every thing is kinda good for them ?

also damn that spec is fun to play
    Last edited by Kalador; 2016-07-13 at 11:30 PM.

You're comparing statistical models of real world markets to Monte Carlo simulations of computer systems with known rules and you expect me to take you seriously? Get real. I'm done responding to your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You're comparing statistical models of real world markets to Monte Carlo simulations of computer systems with known rules and you expect me to take you seriously? Get real. I'm done responding to your nonsense.
    Stop trying to pretend to know anything. You can set rules in an excel spreadsheet for Christ sake, the most basic of basic. What you are suggesting is that we don't live in 2016 and no body can use this magical computer technology. Everybody does. In fact it's been around forever and my company has been doing it by hand up until 2002.

I hope you are done, I hate being a bully to a complete imbecile.

I cannot give a company any such help. 1 because of potential litigation and 2 I don't give any thing away for free. 3 I don't have the time to really put in the efforts.

In the end, it's a game, relax and play it. Stop making it out to be work, they pay people to balance the game, trust them - they have been doing a good job trying to make it a reality. However don't expect the game to come out with every spec within 5% of each other, that doesn't happen. The margin companies usually accept a product is between 0.90 and 1.10 so a 20% difference is usually acceptable. Just food for thought.

damn looks like there's some T O X I C I T Y in this thread. where is our resident toxic-expert hobbes? we're going to need an official ruling here who is the toxic one

So for those who have been extensively been playing around with Outlaw in the beta, what do you think the current stat weight is?

Really stupid question here, but I haven't been able to confirm this via videos and I don't have beta to try it out and for some reason its a big deal to me.

Does Blunderbuss procs actually cause Pistol Shot to pull out a rifle with the normal gun animations? Or is it a non-visual proc?

Thanks, and again, sorry for the really dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelseer View Post
    Really stupid question here, but I haven't been able to confirm this via videos and I don't have beta to try it out and for some reason its a big deal to me.

Does Blunderbuss procs actually cause Pistol Shot to pull out a rifle with the normal gun animations? Or is it a non-visual proc?

It uses the same gun not that it really matters for the .5secs it's out.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-07-14 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelseer View Post

If you're looking for any difference at all, there's a different icon for it when it procs.

Gotcha, thanks guys. Was mainly wondering if it switched to a rifle instead of a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Not really the artifact research is all you get and you can use that for whatever spec you want but that doesn't really catch up anything. As that will be used on your main artifact for a long time even with it month months and months later you can then use your ap on another. And with how they set it up getting artifact research high will take a really long time too.

The only catch up they say they are doing is if you aren't playing the exp and come in months and months late your artifact research will finish quicker but for people actually playing there is nothing.
    Hmm, I thought they would do something like the Conquest cap catchup so you don't lose out tons of AP if you can't play for a week or so.

The catch-up mechanic is artifact knowledge + the "exponential" increase in artifact power per point spent.
    For example: you have your artifact at 34/54 traits and you are running m+ dungeons and you get like 5-6k artifact power per run. That amount is like 3-4% of the cost for your next trait. But you can get around 12 traits on your offspecc artifact for said artifact power.

I am not sure why SnD was nerfed as Roll the Bones was pulling ahead. Honestly, the spec feels very under powered without artifact traits and the baseline talents are very weak compared to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by lxoxrxd View Post
    The catch-up mechanic is artifact knowledge + the "exponential" increase in artifact power per point spent.
    For example: you have your artifact at 34/54 traits and you are running m+ dungeons and you get like 5-6k artifact power per run. That amount is like 3-4% of the cost for your next trait. But you can get around 12 traits on your offspecc artifact for said artifact power.
    So the catch up is only for offspecs and not for alts?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    yes it's only for one char, they talked about making artefact knowledge account bound at the start of beta but they said it's going to be per char now. so only for off spec.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    yes it's only for one char, they talked about making artefact knowledge account bound at the start of beta but they said it's going to be per char now. so only for off spec.
    Hopefully they at least make it account-wide later on in the expansion when most people are maxed with their main and are only working on alts anyways... wouldn't be that big of a deal and would make life easier for altoholics

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Artifact knowledge is bound to that character. So yes, if you level an alt right away, you have to invest the same amount of time.
    The only other catch-up i know of, is if you haven't played much during the expension, you earn knowledge faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellof View Post
    Hopefully they at least make it account-wide later on in the expansion when most people are maxed with their main and are only working on alts anyways... wouldn't be that big of a deal and would make life easier for altoholics
    They talked about it in one of the Q&A. I don't think they will bring it in a patch... because leveling artefacts is a big part of legion they don't want it to be super easy on alt