Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinewhisper View Post
    Oh fuck right off. "Toxic behavior" is such a retard term to use because "someone said somethign I dont like cause im shit at the game".

- - - Updated - - -

Cool?! Who cares about that. It's fine to tell people they're shit, grow up and deal with it.
    I like how you respond to all this by being insanely toxic, and are all seemingly "I DON'T SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH ME".

What toxic behavior actually is, is in-game behavior that is seen as so bad that it causes people to just quit the game due to it poisoning the experience for people. Don't try and color it at as anything more or less, and don't act like you deserve to be a jerk.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2016-07-13 at 09:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Ummm there is a ton of investment in your account in league. Much less the point you neglected is that people get banned in league for not being an "ass" as you claim. 90% of the people in wow will be doing like people do in league and I'm sure you'd be among them: Reporting people for saying something they simply didn't like that wasn't being vulgar or rude.
    I don't, actually. I hardly ever report someone unless he/she insult someone or act like an ass. Also, false positive in League are extremely rare. If you get banned in League, you deserve it.

As for WoW, there's a human component that you seem to forget. To get silenced, a Dev has to check the reports and take the decision manually. Getting 1 or 52 reports won't change a thing if you did nothing wrong.

And no, League may have some investment in term of skins and character unlocks but that's all. Levels and all are not something that makes you attached to your account, and seasons are just that; seasons that'll come and go.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

How are you able to "Create" a party and not "Send party invites"?

Deleted
    wouldn't be easier for "report spam" to actually work , and to ignore to not have a limit?
    last time i tried reporting someone for spam . or ignore someone , they could still whisper me because fuck things
    not like booster sellers will get silence when blizzard gets a piece of that cake too

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The most "toxic" people are the people who use the word toxic like you just did. I would imagine you're a part of the real problem rather than those you'd report.
    I'm not the one spreading their verbal diarrhea in LFR runs or trade chat without fear of repercussions. What a truly asinine conclusion you came to.

Well this will be abused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. Looking forward to this so much that I'm going to uninstall BadBoy and Decliner when the patch drops, just so I can report the trolls and gold scammers.

The best part of this is that it's account wide, so if you misbehave, you can't just swap toons and continue being an a**hole. Even better would be if they someday take it to their other games, so that if your account gets Silenced for 24 hours, you can't queue for ranked matches in HoTS, for example.

Awesome idea! Can't wait to get rid of all the guild recruitment spammers in trade chat, the idiots with the anal spamming, the thunderfury spamming, the religious and politics spammers and the troll spammers. Now if we could implement the same types of penalties for people that purposely try and kill people in dungeons and raids by pulling mobs and then dropping group and hearthing that would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    It does specifically say "any player who is reported ... will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty." so nothing will come of it unless the complaint is legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I'm not the one spreading their verbal diarrhea in LFR runs or trade chat without fear of repercussions. What a truly asinine conclusion you came to.
    Take a step back for a second and think about it for a second. Do you really believe this was a nontoxic post you just made? Do you really believe you would be safe from being silenced for making it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Of course it will. Luckily it will probably be the people who are most likely to fall foul of being silenced that try to abuse the system. Thus flagging themselves to Blizzard and saving the rest of us a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    Take a step back for a second and think about it for a second. Do you really believe this was a nontoxic post you just made? Do you really believe you would be safe from being silenced for making it?
    This is MMO-champion. What do you expect?
    I hardly talk when I'm in the actual game. I merely use this site to vent my frustrations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    "Scrapbot is an automated bot"

It's a bot that due to people disagreeing with me, sent me an automated response for the moderators. The moderators did nothing. This was completely automated. If it had been a moderator specifically, I would have had a response from one.

- - - Updated - - -

What is considered as unnecessarily insulting? Telling him he's wrong? That's all I did. I told him he was wrong, that I thought he was an idiot and again, he literally proved my point.
    "You idiot" is an insult, albeit not a serious one.

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    It literally says after investigation in the OP.

I imagine that it'll be on the level of GM tickets, they are not automated either.
    Good grief you are so gullible.

Its a bot and the GM start investigation once the person that just got bullied open a ticket to contest the silence.

That's how they are operating...

PS: From someone that almost got perma banned asking for "Donation of gold or battle pets in /trade.".

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    PS: From someone that almost got perma banned asking for "Donation of gold or battle pets in /trade.".
    There is no way that is what you almost got perma banned for. Tell us the whole story.

Censorship and silence INCOMING-

Question: Is blizz going to hire English Majors to review each and every ticket??? Every person interprets things differently. Here is an idea, if you don't like it, click or ignore or don't read it. Problem solved

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    It does specifically say "any player who is reported ... will, after investigation, receive an account-wide silence penalty." so nothing will come of it unless the complaint is legitimate.
    Are you really that retarded. A fucking bot will scan for some banned words and thats it. Blizzard has automated pretty much everything to fire 90% of their Support-Staff and now you think they hour thousands of new People just to look through fucking reports? No Game does that, it will be the fucking same as its right now.

If this stays like that: 90% of people, incl me, will just disable all Public Channels and WoW will just become even more of a pure Singleplayer-RPG. Blizzard is great at killing any Social Aspect of the Game!

Quote Originally Posted by Forumchibi View Post
    After investigation... please don't be naive.

This feature is such a terrible fucking idea. Nobody will investigate things. They'll just silence someone without looking if they get enough reports. So basically if someone doesn't like something I said, he can gather everyone in their guild and get them to report me. Then boom, I'm silenced because someone didn't like something I said. This feature is literally going to destroy the community and cause a lot of dropped subs.