Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    "Ghost Catcher Dare Die Team"

My sides have entered orbit.

I went to see it last night (more accurately, I was dragged to see it), and wow, did those trailers sell it short. I was expecting it to be bottom-rung comedy but when you see it in actual context all those scenes worked a lot better and it was pretty funny. Not all the jokes land and it has a few bad moments but the good outweighs the bad. Character chemistry was much better than I was expecting too, Kate McKinnon and Chris Hemsworth were standouts (I think it's actually the best performance I've ever seen from him).

It's by no means a perfect movie, and if you're expecting it to be like the originals or hate reboots (which is a fair call) then you're not going to be happy with it, but judging it purely on its own merits it's a pretty entertaining movie. I didn't regret going out to see it, and I was sure I was going to.

It's a mystery to me how they managed to make that trailer so bad. Example: the ghost puke scene. In the trailer they show Kristen Wiig getting sprayed with ectoplasm, and they use her line "in every crack" as the punchline. That happened the next day and wasn't even a proper punchline. In the film she gets sprayed and the camera cuts to Kate McKinnon eating Pringles. Why wouldn't you use that as your punchline in the trailer?

Anyway, it's not a perfect movie but it's pretty good, if the sacrilege of reboots doesn't bother you you'll probably enjoy it well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    I haven't seen Ant-Man but this is pretty defensible otherwise.
    It was actually one of Marvel's best. More people should see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    “It’s been confirmed that Ghostbusters won’t be coming to China, because they think it’s not really that attractive to Chinese audiences,” says one Chinese executive. “Most of the Chinese audience didn’t see the first and second movies, so they don’t think there’s much market for it here,” the exec adds.
    The originals didn't get a theatrical release there either, and a lot of Western films get banned, especially anything relating to the supernatural. It mentioned Pirates of the Caribbean 2 had that problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    What's wrong with Jurassic World? For a dino movie, it was pretty good, much better than JP 2 n 3. Haven't seen Antman though, haf no opinions on that one but I have superhero-movies fatigue...
    I'd put JW about the same as JP3.

Felt like a crappy monster B-movie rather than a Jurassic Park.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's not even in the "So bad it's good category." it's just bad. I'll have to pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It was actually one of Marvel's best. More people should see it.
    This is damning with faint praise.

My friend is gonna see this regardless. If she says it's worth seeing, I'll see it.

Though, I will still hope and pray that Sony loses big, Feigs career ends, and everyone who pulled the sexism card gets to bitch about how MRAs killed the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    My friend is gonna see this regardless. If she says it's worth seeing, I'll see it.

Though, I will still hope and pray that Sony loses big, Feigs career ends, and everyone who pulled the sexism card gets to bitch about how MRAs killed the film.
    Just like MRAs killed the SJW propaganda movies Star Wars and Mad Max.

An actual review by someone not bought or mad. Im glad chris sees it exactly like me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9_lhRqhkBw

An actual review by someone not bought or mad.
    Yeah I couldn't watch it past the "I didn't think it was ruining my childhood" -argument. If you honestly think that's why people don't think this will be a movie worth watching, then it doesn't really matter what kind of a review you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah I couldn't watch it past the "I didn't think it was ruining my childhood" -argument. If you honestly think that's why people don't think this will be a movie worth watching, then it doesn't really matter what kind of a review you make.
    Because when you review something, you review the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    This is damning with faint praise.
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed Ant-Man, but if you don't like any Marvel movies I guess you wouldn't like it?

Also, you crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say it's enjoyable, the kind of movie you could happily go see if you were out and looking for a movie to watch, but you would also be fine to pick it up on blu ray instead.

I doubt it'll be a big loss or a serious problem for Feig, it's apparently made $300m already. Which I think beats all his previous films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'd say it's enjoyable, the kind of movie you could happily go see if you were out and looking for a movie to watch, but you would also be fine to pick it up on blu ray instead.

I doubt it'll be a big loss or a serious problem for Feig, it's apparently made $300m already. Which I think beats all his previous films.
    I think its not good enough to warrant wasting money. Its more like a movie is watchable enough so that when its on TV, just sit down and watch it once. Wont kill you and some moments are funny. Most arent. Its kinda like ghostbusters 2 in that regard, it has some moments, but they arent worth using your money.

Had to look up that $300 million claim. Cause if it has that already then that's fucking insane. I think you mixed up GB1 and GB 2016. GB 1 has 295 million at the box office.

No numbers for the recent one are out as far as I know.

But seriously. Not out 1 week worldwide , not out in America, and banned in China and already has $300 million? If that is true then this is on my rack to beat all kinds of records. I'm talking about avatar and Star Wars records.

Had to look up that $300 million claim. Cause if it has that already then that's fucking insane. I think you mixed up GB1 and GB 2016. GB 1 has 295 million at the box office.

No numbers for the recent one are out as far as I know.

But seriously. Not out 1 week worldwide , not out in America, and banned in China and already has $300 million? If that is true then this is on my rack to beat all kinds of records. I'm talking about avatar and Star Wars records.
    Yeah, Week 1 Europe at $300 mil would put it well on the way to shattering box office records, by a lot. That's more than Avatar made in France and Germany for its entire run.
    Last edited by Chrysia; 2016-07-14 at 01:16 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

I can't find anything on it doing 300m.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I guess there is no such thing as bad publicity XD

Seriously though I thing you're right about it being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Is it a pride thing because of the original?
    For me it's everything, the reluctance to do it, and then EVERYONE other than Moranis and Atherton coming back for a cameo. The theme of the film (female version!) when they could very easily have transitioned to a female team (or mostly female team, whichever) and could easily have used Spangler getting lost while researching THIS threat etc Add in how terrible it looks, my fairly unliking of McCarthy (but I have told everyone that there is strong potential here with the core 4, just like the core 3 from GBo).

I feel the exact same way as with the always on rumors of a Crow remake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I can't find anything on it doing 300m.
    And you won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I really want to see this movie on opening day to help show support for women everyone, but it's too much of a risk.

It's extremely likely multiple MRA manbabies are going to shoot up theaters on opening weekend to try and destroy this movie because of what it means to women and how it being successful will ultimately make no one take them seriously anymore (what few that possibly would).

I really don't want to die, and these shitheads are keeping me from seeing the movie and supporting it

infracted.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-07-14 at 05:36 PM.

Like I've already warned this thread: this is not GenOT. Do not try and derail it with discussions of gender politics.

Did someone mention $300m?

uh huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Did someone mention $300m?

uh huh.
    http://puu.sh/q2EZj/0a0c9df929.jpg
    I think they just searched "ghostbusters box office" and saw the 295M from the original.