Page 73 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    For the parents of those children to do what they did is idiotic and I would never advocate it. Sounds like they had some weird thing against breast milk, that is pretty insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you just stop reading there or something? Wtf... Im willing to bet its more of youre lack of understanding of the studies because they clearly state that what you said about DHA was incorrect. I linked 5 studies all showing what you said about DHA to not be true.

Of course youre done here, you keep being proven wrong.

If you want to continue, lets start with B12, thats easy. Still waiting for the answers to my questions.

Ill give you a clue, its not a vitamin...
    B-12 is labeled as a vitamin by the CDC.

Humans lack the gut to harbor the needed bacteria to generate B-12 because we are intended to source the needed amount of it from consuming animals in our omnivorous diet.

For people who are really interested in this topic why not read some books? Instead of flaming each other and quoting half-science.

Slaughterhouse
    Eating Animals
    The Ethics of what we eat
    The Omnivores Dilemma

Even if you continue to eat meat, being informed about food and where it comes from does not hurt.
    It is a reality that we as humans will not stop eating meat, but if you just make one or two days per week meat-free you will do something good for yourself, the animals and the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Pollan
    “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.”
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    ... but if you just make one or two days per week meat-free...
    Not a bad idea, as despite our need for the nutrients provided in meat, we certainly don't need as much as some people eat.

Personally, I have only one meal a day with meat in it.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    For people who are really interested in this topic why not read some books? Instead of flaming each other and quoting half-science.

Slaughterhouse
    Eating Animals
    The Ethics of what we eat
    The Omnivores Dilemma

Even if you continue to eat meat, being informed about food and where it comes from does not hurt.
    It is a reality that we as humans will not stop eating meat, but if you just make one or two days per week meat-free you will do something good for yourself, the animals and the planet.
    If god didn't want us to eat meat he would not have made it so damn tasty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Wait so it's OK to rob mother nature of her goods? Steal mushrooms, berries and shit? Wtf dude, you are ruining the nature by stealing the wild animals' food.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    Oh god, of course it doesn't agree if you don't understand the study or the terminology used. I finally understand why you don't get it.

You don't understand bioavailability, you don't understand the conditions of the studies...

Yep. Definitely done here.
    Again, you keep getting owned and just say, Im done here.

Still waiting on my B12 answers. Actually, Im just going to go ahead and help all of you that keep claiming B12, B12! Because what many of you dont understand is that most of the cases of B12 deficiency are from MEAT eaters. Now, this is most likely the case because there are not many people that are on Vegan diets. But why is it that people that eat meat are B12 deficient? Mainly because of the way B12 is destoyed during cooking and digestion.

Also, and this very funny is that most feed and cattle are supplemented with B12. This is because our world is so sanitized that B12 is no longer around, thus farmers have to give their livestock B12. There are times that this is even marketed, as "this cattle has had B12 injections".

So since the last stand of going Vegan is B12 and since you are only getting B12 through supplementation. ie, either you have to take a supplement or you food has taken it. Then how can you sit here and say, a vegan diet is not complete because B12, when all diets are having B12 supplemented in one form or another. And even if you eat meat you most likely are not getting the RDA of B12 and should supplement.

Again, this would have been easily known if you understood the basics of B12 and how animals get it into their system. However, you didnt. All you did was go around in circles avoiding my questions. Like I said, Bro. Good Science.

Here are referrences since you want them so badly, yet only have linked on terrible study.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/beef11680

http://www.ancare.com.au/SiteCollect...deficiency.pdf

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/livestoc...eep-and-cattle

http://libaware.economads.com/b12issue.php

Well said. Sad that people will still deny this.
    I don't think they understood the OP's message. Put others lives before taste..

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Countless of animals die every day to sate your appetite, raised to be slaughtered so to say. Polluting the environment, contributing to the green house effect.

Did you know that every male chicken born in a chicken coop is to be killed as soon it comes out of it's egg? There are reasons for it, but to think that they have no rights to live at all.

Calves? They get separated from their mothers at birth only to feed humans milk and then get slaughtered.

Bees? They collect honey for the colder times, only to be taken away.

"But muh convenience". Yes, going vegan is inconvenient, but it is steadily growing, and soon enough they will be releasing synthetic meat if you really can't stop eating meat. Just don't overdo it, not good for you.

"But muh bakery". Tough luck.

There are plenty of delicious vegan recipes and restaurants. There are many big vegan communities at your leisure. I'm sure you will find something tasty.
    Being a vegan doesn't save animals, doesn't save the environment, leaving people at peace might be a good step towards salvation.

Put others lives before taste.

Without explanation it's hard to decipher what you mean. While that video was interesting it seems unrelated. Electrical activity doesn't mean plants feel pain. You need a central nervous system in order to register pain (this is absent in a plant, they don't have brains). It doesn't take a lot of effort to type in to google "do plants feel pain" and find that at the moment, there is no conclusive evidence that they do.

Furthermore, if it is found that plants do feel pain, then being vegan is simply a measure to reduce the amount of pain. All animals have to eat to survive. So every time you eat meat, you eat a being who spent their whole life eating plants and the being itself. Therefore, cutting out the animal cuts out all the plants it had to eat, and the pain of killing (and in 90% of cases i.e. factory farms torturing) the animal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you keep getting owned and just say, Im done here.

Still waiting on my B12 answers. Actually, Im just going to go ahead and help all of you that keep claiming B12, B12! Because what many of you dont understand is that most of the cases of B12 deficiency are from MEAT eaters. Now, this is most likely the case because there are not many people that are on Vegan diets. But why is it that people that eat meat are B12 deficient? Mainly because of the way B12 is destoyed during cooking and digestion.

Also, and this very funny is that most feed and cattle are supplemented with B12. This is because our world is so sanitized that B12 is no longer around, thus farmers have to give their livestock B12. There are times that this is even marketed, as "this cattle has had B12 injections".

So since the last stand of going Vegan is B12 and since you are only getting B12 through supplementation. ie, either you have to take a supplement or you food has taken it. Then how can you sit here and say, a vegan diet is not complete because B12, when all diets are having B12 supplemented in one form or another. And even if you eat meat you most likely are not getting the RDA of B12 and should supplement.

Again, this would have been easily known if you understood the basics of B12 and how animals get it into their system. However, you didnt. All you did was go around in circles avoiding my questions. Like I said, Bro. Good Science.

Here are referrences since you want them so badly, yet only have linked on terrible study.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/beef11680

http://www.ancare.com.au/SiteCollect...deficiency.pdf

https://www.agric.wa.gov.au/livestoc...eep-and-cattle

http://libaware.economads.com/b12issue.php
    Still doesn't understand grass-fed vs corn fed. Doesn't understand soil composition. Classic.

Still posting links that fly in the face of what you say?

You crack me up.

Once again, if you'd read the links, you would see that they acknowledge that ruminant animals (which we are not) harbor the bacteria needed for the process. And B12 is stable in heat. Stop making shit up. It's painful to see people stoop this low.

"Vitamin B12 deficiency in animals is the end result of insufficient Cobalt intake. Cobalt is acquired from the pasture and soil as animals feed and is used to make Vitamin B12 by micro-organisms within the rumen (2nd stomach)."

Well dang, looks like bacteria in the digestive system of specific animals (again, which we are not) make B12. Seriously. Read your own links.

Since you won't (or can't) put your cards on the table... explain in your own words how B12 is formed. I'm guessing you won't, because it will expose your lack of any real knowledge. Any further discussion is pointless, because even though how B12 is formed is a very small part of why a vegan diet is unsustainable for mass consumption, you trumpet it as the be all end all of why I'm apparently wrong.

I'll wait.

Keep in mind that if you dodge the question, you are conclusively proving that you are only capable of ad hominems (broscience) and hypocrisy (broscience).

Edit: Last Stand? HAHAHAHA

Bro. Please.
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-13 at 10:02 AM. Reason: I r spel gud
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I am not sure if you are serious about this argument, but just in case you are: It's a very bad one. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Waynhim View Post
    [video=youtube;fGLABm7jJ-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLABm7jJ-Y[video]
    "I can't prevent all harm to any other living being, so might as well not care at all!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    If the god didn't like watching us kill each other, he would not have made wars a thing.

That damn sadist!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Still doesn't understand grass-fed vs corn fed. Doesn't understand soil composition. Classic.

Still posting links that fly in the face of what you say?

You crack me up.

Once again, if you'd read the links, you would see that they acknowledge that ruminant animals (which we are not) harbor the bacteria needed for the process. And B12 is stable in heat. Stop making shit up. It's painful to see people stoop this low.

"Vitamin B12 deficiency in animals is the end result of insufficient Cobalt intake. Cobalt is acquired from the pasture and soil as animals feed and is used to make Vitamin B12 by micro-organisms within the rumen (2nd stomach)."

Well dang, looks like bacteria in the digestive system of specific animals (again, which we are not) make B12. Seriously. Read your own links.

Since you won't (or can't) put your cards on the table... explain in your own words how B12 is formed. I'm guessing you won't, because it will expose your lack of any real knowledge. Any further discussion is pointless, because even though how B12 is formed is a very small part of why a vegan diet is unsustainable for mass consumption, you trumpet it as the be all end all of why I'm apparently wrong.

I'll wait.

Keep in mind that if you dodge the question, you are conclusively proving that you are only capable of ad hominems (broscience) and hypocrisy (broscience).

Edit: Last Stand? HAHAHAHA

Bro. Please.
    Yea, youre right they need B12 added to feed, the live stock need B12 because they dont produce enough... Are you really saying that the links from the Cattle industry isnt saying they supplement B12 for their livestock, because the links clearly did... This is probably worse than you not understanding the other studies I linked clearly explaining how short chain fatty acids are able to elongate into long chain fatty acids. Youre pathetic. You cant explain anything. Do you even know where fish get their Omega-3s? Do you have studies to support anything you claim. You havent linked one study that shows anything youve said.

Really, just explain where animals get B12 from. Just try, the articles that you quote damn near say. You even halfway quoted it and still didnt get it... Please. If you dont know, just say you dont know. Because all you continue to do is make a fool of yourself.

Again, you have a little knowledge but youre confusing yourself. I saw a post you made about eating meat once a day. Im pretty sure the little research you did was to support your reasoning to eat meat once per day. Its sad when you have to make up things to support your addiction to meat. I have more respect for the people that just admit, I eat meat because its tastes good! Then the BS reasons you come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, youre right they need B12 added to feed, the live stock need B12 because they dont produce enough... Are you really saying that the links from the Cattle industry isnt saying they supplement B12 for their livestock, because the links clearly did... This is probably worse than you not understanding the other studies I linked clearly explaining how short chain fatty acids are able to elongate into long chain fatty acids. Youre pathetic. You cant explain anything. Do you even know where fish get their Omega-3s? Do you have studies to support anything you claim. You havent linked one study that shows anything youve said.

Really, just explain where animals get B12 from. Just try, the articles that you quote damn near say. You even halfway quoted it and still didnt get it... Please. If you dont know, just say you dont know. Because all you continue to do is make a fool of yourself.

Again, you have a little knowledge but youre confusing yourself. I saw a post you made about eating meat once a day. Im pretty sure the little research you did was to support your reasoning to eat meat once per day. Its sad when you have to make up things to support your addiction to meat. I have more respect for the people that just admit, I eat meat because its tastes good! Then the BS reasons you come up with.
    Even if you go with antibiotics causing a marked decrease in the bacteria needed to generate B-12 within farmed animals, that does not remove the fact that humans are biologically intended to be omnivores and obtain B-12 via animal matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get my B-12 thew a shot in my leg once a month, but I still eat meat, lots of meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    inchorent babbling and non-answers.
    Explain in your own words how B12 is made. You seem to be the expert.

Put up or shut up.

Stop dodging. Bro.

EDIT:
    You havent linked one study that shows anything youve said.
    Why would I? You've kindly gone out of your way to do that for me?
    Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 2016-07-14 at 07:34 AM.

Explain in your own words how B12 is made. You seem to be the expert.

Put up or shut up.

Stop dodging. Bro.

EDIT:

Why would I? You've kindly gone out of your way to do that for me?
    Sorry, Im not letting you off the hook.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Even if you go with antibiotics causing a marked decrease in the bacteria needed to generate B-12 within farmed animals, that does not remove the fact that humans are biologically intended to be omnivores and obtain B-12 via animal matter.
    Actually, youre as naive as the other one about how animals get B12 and why its become a problem for Humans and as the studies I linked, livestock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, Im not letting you off the hook.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, youre as naive as the other one about how animals get B12 and why its become a problem for Humans and as the studies I linked, livestock.
    It is generated by bacteria related to the fermentation of matter in the gut of herbivores. Humans, as omnivores, lack this fermentation cycle and are intended to gain B-12 through the consumption of animals. That is a fact you cannot get around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Plants have feeling too.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose