Poll: Staying, rolling Warrior or rerolling something else?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I've not had a single "main" for a long time, dancing between my Warrior and DK for years. From my experience on Beta, I think I'll be playing my DK significantly more than my Warrior right now though. Arms is the spec I like to play as my Warrior and while it looks cool I'm finding it very lacking in utility. Additionally, the lore/class story feels kind of weak and tacked on.

Deleted
    Retiring my vanilla Warrior in favor of DK. WoD Fury has been horrible for me and really pushed me away from the class. The legacy and transmog is what kept me playing. With the new wardrobe I can have transmog available elsewhere. The artifacts and the class order hall are disappointing as well for an expansion where Blizzard states class fantasy matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    The artifacts and the class order hall are disappointing as well for an expansion where Blizzard states class fantasy matters.
    I'm sure class fantasy does matter to them (though they use the term as a buzzword to justify any dumbass idea they might have). The problem is that they have millions of players, and our class fantasy isn't going to necessarily line up with theirs. In the past, that was usually okay. They built the classes and rotations, etc, and we played 'em and could come up with whatever fantasy we wanted to based on gameplay. But now they've decided that the only thing that matters is their concept of what the classes (and specs) are, to the exclusion of any and all player fantasy. It's the primary problem with their new focus in Legion, and will ultimately piss of a lot of players - probably will be last straw for some folks and push 'em away from the game. Some players will like it - mostly those who don't care or whose fantasy lines up with the devs ideas - but there will certainly be people disenchanted by the whole thing.

I agree that the Artifacts and Class Hall/Story are disappointing - but it's not an issue with class fantasy in general. But rather, the fact that they decided to focus on a weird Vrykul storyline that has fuck-all to do with warriors.

I'll play Stamina Templar... ops, we are talking about WOW, not Elder Scrolls Online
    IF I play WOW I'll be a warrior as allways.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Can't stand the way fury has been trimmed so going to reroll, sadly the Legion alpha versions of Fury was the best time to play any spec in the history of the game.
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be sticking with warrior and prob DH. The melee combat system and how everything flows now is amazing.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have mained my warrior for almost forever, just sucks to be playing a class/spec that won't be enjoyable this time around. Found fury unplayable in wod, and it feels even worse this time around on the legion beta, but thats just my opinion. Still going to play warrior since I can't find it in me to main anything else...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Most likely staying. I've been maining my Fury Warrior since 2006 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Admittedly, I haven't kept up with any class changes at all and have no idea how Fury is doing, or even how any other classes are doing. That said, unless something drastically bad happens (and in 10 years of changes, nothing has made me switch yet), I'll keep it my main.
    Okay, gonna quote myself here. I caved in to temptation and tried out the PTR. I hate how Fury plays! I don't like how Furious Slash works at all, I thought Wild Strike was bad but this one feels even more shoe-horned into our rotation. With Berserker Rage no longer giving us the Enrage buff I feel that it's even more RNG dependent than ever in regards to Enrage uptime. You can get a BT non-crit, Furious Slash a few times and STILL not crit the next BT, which is extremely frustrating. Raging Blow spam while Enraged seems silly and Rampage for some reason throws everything out of sync.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I miss Colossus Smash. I know Blizzard and a lot of players didn't like the idea of pooling rage and then dumping all of it in a tiny window, but I much prefer it over the RNG-fest that Enrage is now. Even on live at least we have some degree of control over Enrage uptime with Berserker Rage. And for the past couple expansions, Wild Strike has been a poor substitute for Heroic Strike (miss weaving that into our rotation) and now it looks like Furious Slash is replacing it, which is even worse.

For the first time since 2006, my Warrior will most likely not be my main, sadly. I'll probably still level him to 110 first, but unless something changes drastically I envision myself maining another character (most likely my Frost Mage). Or, heaven forbid I actually say it, I might even roll Frost DK which I hear is real fun to play in Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I play Warrior since 2004 first US Beta, i will never change my main char.

#War4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    I'm sure class fantasy does matter to them (though they use the term as a buzzword to justify any dumbass idea they might have). The problem is that they have millions of players, and our class fantasy isn't going to necessarily line up with theirs. In the past, that was usually okay. They built the classes and rotations, etc, and we played 'em and could come up with whatever fantasy we wanted to based on gameplay. But now they've decided that the only thing that matters is their concept of what the classes (and specs) are, to the exclusion of any and all player fantasy. It's the primary problem with their new focus in Legion, and will ultimately piss of a lot of players - probably will be last straw for some folks and push 'em away from the game. Some players will like it - mostly those who don't care or whose fantasy lines up with the devs ideas - but there will certainly be people disenchanted by the whole thing.

I agree that the Artifacts and Class Hall/Story are disappointing - but it's not an issue with class fantasy in general. But rather, the fact that they decided to focus on a weird Vrykul storyline that has fuck-all to do with warriors.
    To be fair, they flat out admitted that warrior isnt based on warrior, so class fantasy isnt a thing for warrior in legion.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    I always played warrior except in MoP with the BrM Monk. So, yeah I'm staying Warrior, for ever, because now, the BrM Monk is too boring.

Deleted
    Staying as warrior main and a monk as main alt, which might turn into my main main in the future

Deleted
    I still can't decide between 3 classes and basically 5 different specs.... I do know that I want to put less focus on raiding and put more focus on dungeons and PvP.

1. Warrior.
    Problem is I like both Fury and Arms which of course isn't a problem and if so it's a luxury problem but what kinda annoys is I don't know which spec to level with and thus what to invest artefactpower in.
    Arms looks like a lot of fun in PvP with the big crits but I worry about the survivability. I'm not that big a PvP'er that I can have pocket-healers around me all the time. Also not really sure about the damage in PvE.
    Fury to me seems more stable for PvE and less so for PvP. Or am I completely off base here?

2. Rogue.
    Same problem. I like both Sub and Assassination and again, dunno what to lvl with and put artefact power in.
    Sub seems like more fun in PvP zipping around, stunning people, etc. Assassination seems stronger in PvE...

3. Shaman.
    Enhancement feels really fluid and fun and I do like the "spell" element in the playstyle while having melee at it's core. And since I really don't want to play a caster I don't have to worry on how to level and not needing to level 2 different artefacts. Just don't know how well it'll do in PvP... Both Rogue and Warrior seem stronger/more fun in PvP.

Thoughts?