The lack of tuning updates and feedback from Devs is what is most frustrating to me. Apart from a few resto druid buffs a few patches ago, there doesn't seem to have been much healing tuning for months - I'm hoping this is just a sign of they are still working on it rather than they think all healers are in a good spot. The gap between resto druid and holy paladin is so noticeable and even though I haven't tested both with a full artifact or legendary items, it just seems resto druids will pull even further ahead given they have better traits and legendaries.

Does Sparty or Aladya know if we should expect healer tuning in the next week or so or be prepared to stick with what we have until potential hotfixes when raiding opens?
    Last edited by colourshadow; 2016-07-14 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by colourshadow View Post
    The lack of tuning updates and feedback from Devs is what is most frustrating to me. Apart from a few resto druid buffs a few patches ago, there doesn't seem to have been much healing tuning for months - I'm hoping this is just a sign of they are still working on it rather than they think all healers are in a good spot. The gap between resto druid and holy paladin is so noticeable and even though I haven't tested both with a full artifact or legendary items, it just seems resto druids will pull even further ahead given they have better traits and legendaries.

Does Sparty or Aladya know if we should expect healer tuning in the next week or so or be prepared to stick with what we have until potential hotfixes when raiding opens?
    We haven't heard much in several weeks because it is very likely they are pretty happy with where the healing classes are atm. The most recent testings between the last mythics and the normals has people doing relatively even hps at a certain skill level in my experience with some fights favoring some healers and others favoring different healers in terms of aoe and single target healing. In the recent normal testings of all of nightmare I have been even or higher than other healers without any artifact points besides the default first point and starting gear that has some pretty bad stats and piss poor trinkets. It is not as bad as people are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    We haven't heard much in several weeks because it is very likely they are pretty happy with where the healing classes are atm. The most recent testings between the last mythics and the normals has people doing relatively even hps at a certain skill level in my experience with some fights favoring some healers and others favoring different healers in terms of aoe and single target healing. In the recent normal testings of all of nightmare I have been even or higher than other healers without any artifact points besides the default first point and starting gear that has some pretty bad stats and piss poor trinkets. It is not as bad as people are saying.
    I agree it may not be as bad as what some people are saying but in my experience its clear resto druids are vastly superior to paladins (and all other healers) just now. I have played both resto druid and holy pala on beta doing lots of things from mythic+ dungeons to mythic raid testing and its not even close. And not just in terms of hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    Limited in how much I can talk about this, but long story short there's not enough hps to account for lacking utility/mobility/raid cd/legendary factor. The only reason to use a paladin atm in EN is freedom and bop(and neither is useful on the last boss). I cannot give you more specifics.
    Hey Aladya - I know you can't talk much about strat/roster/etc..
    But is there any chance that you will switch from holy paly for progression?

Deleted
    Obsidian Stone Spaulders works quite good with sacrifice. It will keep lowering your hp so you will be get more beacon healing.

Chain of Thrayn works with master use, 15% of someone hp is quite big.

Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon, makes the artifact trait that reduces damage taken more useful as judgement becomes stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I'm sorry but that's effectively means we're trash tier. Especially since other healers outclass us in everything, especially cooldowns and mobility
    are we seeing same warcraft log??! paladin are doing great number wise, we never had mobility, its not new, its not fun but i dont think it will change anytime soon, atleast we have alot of instant spell that we can cast while moving! aura mastery is a very good CD , we may not have as many as shaman but , its still useful, ill agree that we dont have alot of AOE tool, but our holy artifact weapon do alot of raid healing even on his 1.5 min CD you can compare to a shaman gift of the queen with 45 cd both of them have similar healing on boss ive checked. Light of dawn on Xavius on the Logs below you can see that it did MORE HEALING then both chain heal and Wellspring together.... paladin are doing great aoe healing even with the Cd on Lod + aura of mercy can heal for 8 millions on a boss, its free aoe healing and it cost 0 mana! SO LoD+ tyr+ mercy+ prism i would say we have tools in our disposition.I think that Paladin are very far from being Trash tier, they are in a very good spot number wise! They have great Tank healing, they have good aoe healing and ok Raid cd.There is always place for amelioration no matter which class you play there is always something that will bug you! Just dont call a spec trash when it is not, atleast from what im seeing
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=15 ( shaman)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=7 (paladin)

ps: sorry for my bad english my first language is french,
    Last edited by tallulah; 2016-07-14 at 05:45 AM.
    Ohhh Deer,Resto shaman in legion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Hey Aladya - I know you can't talk much about strat/roster/etc..
    But is there any chance that you will switch from holy paly for progression?
    it's fairly obvious from his post

Quote Originally Posted by colourshadow View Post
    The lack of tuning updates and feedback from Devs is what is most frustrating to me.
    the lack of tuning updates/feedback is because legion healing is the most balance it's ever been.

sure resto shaman/holy priests are likely candidates to auto-include in mythic WF progression, but outside of those 2 healers you can practically run any setup you like (except disc maybe?).
    Last edited by Floopa; 2016-07-14 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the lack of tuning updates/feedback is because legion healing is the most balance it's ever been.

sure resto shaman/holy priests are likely candidates to auto-include in mythic WF progression, but outside of those 2 healers you can practically run any setup you like (except disc maybe?).
    I kind of see holy priests possibly getting a nerf. With a full mastery build they are doing insane numbers compared to other healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sky is falling.
    Feel the hatred of 1̶0̶,̶0̶0̶0̶ 10010 years.

i clearly understand the point of view from aladya and some other top 10 world race players to switch maybe from paladein to a "better" healer. and i dont mean HPS wise. raid CDs kills bosses. i know that. and a paladin clearly lack those. stack healing classes isn't new to progression. but most ppl reading this forum will think, that paladin is not even viable in any case. i am a world 600 sort-of raider and i think, paladin will be good in there.
    but at the top spots? i think there will be alot of shamans. and alot of classes aladya is switching to.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminelle View Post
    are we seeing same warcraft log??! paladin are doing great number wise, we never had mobility, its not new, its not fun but i dont think it will change anytime soon, atleast we have alot of instant spell that we can cast while moving!
    We had speed of light in WoD, though, which was a great mobility CD.

They have great Tank healing, they have good aoe healing and ok Raid cd.There is always place for amelioration no matter which class you play there is always something that will bug you! Just dont call a spec trash when it is not, atleast from what im seeing
    I think that last time I saw a RL giving a damn about tank healing was in WOTLK. Granted, from what I gather, tanking mechanics are changing in Legion, but other classes has nice tank healing AND raid healing.

By the way, if paladins are so great, why do you have a "future Resto shaman in legion" in your signature?

ps: sorry for my bad english my first language is french,
    NP, I'm French as well.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparty View Post
    Holy paladins are the most fun they've been in years
    Stopped reading here.

Deleted
    Calm down guys, for anything outside of the extreme highest level of progression you can expect for paladins to do just fine. We're going for one healer of each class in my guild for example, just because we won't have the time for all the alt switcheroo and stuff. The sky isn't falling. Expect to see a lot of paladins outside the ~top5 first kills.

The very top guilds will always use the best classes available, it's obvious. It doesn't mean that paladins are severely out of whack. It just means that there are slightly better options for pushing first kills if you have the resources to do so.

I, for one, enjoy the holy paladin much more than I have since Cataclysm. The way it plays in Legion is a hundred times more enjoyable and rewarding than on live due to the changes to the class, and balance wise it's easily good enough to not reroll out of unless you're pushing for first kills.
    Last edited by mmoc68a4e4b5e2; 2016-07-14 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    How is leveling as Holy? I recall them saying that they would give healing speccs some tools for leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulkan View Post
    How is leveling as Holy? I recall them saying that they would give healing speccs some tools for leveling.
    It's a bit slow. Much better than it's ever been, but still slower than it would be as DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    Calm down guys, for anything outside of the extreme highest level of progression you can expect for paladins to do just fine. We're going for one healer of each class in my guild for example, just because we won't have the time for all the alt switcheroo and stuff. The sky isn't falling. Expect to see a lot of paladins outside the ~top5 first kills.

The very top guilds will always use the best classes available, it's obvious. It doesn't mean that paladins are severely out of whack. It just means that there are slightly better options for pushing first kills if you have the resources to do so.

I, for one, enjoy the holy paladin much more than I have since Cataclysm. The way it plays in Legion is a hundred times more enjoyable and rewarding than on live due to the changes to the class, and balance wise it's easily good enough to not reroll out of unless you're pushing for first kills.
    That's part of the issue, though, and why this question often comes up. Regardless of what is required in the world race guilds or where a guild falls - whether world 160 or 1600 - a lot of people don't want to play a class that appears to be inferior to some other classes - particularly if there is not at least an element of fun to carry the inferior class along.

In beta I've been toying with holy priest and holy paladin, and holy priest seems 80 times more fun to me.

Lately I've been doing more mythic dungeons w/guildmates on the paladin, and I need to do more healing on the priest to get a better comparison - but for me, that still remains the issue - holy priest or holy paladin?

there is the issue. do i want to stick to the character i've been playing for so many years reguardless of the utility and fun element. or do i want to play "a" class i will have the most fun with. problem is, you never know blizzard, and lets say, after 2 weeks they buff paladins into heaven and back. new mobility, new CDs and all the good stuff. it is REALLY a hard choice. for me too, i got the same issue unir got, only with monk.
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    We had speed of light in WoD, though, which was a great mobility CD.

I think that last time I saw a RL giving a damn about tank healing was in WOTLK. Granted, from what I gather, tanking mechanics are changing in Legion, but other classes has nice tank healing AND raid healing.

By the way, if paladins are so great, why do you have a "future Resto shaman in legion" in your signature?

NP, I'm French as well.
    Because i didint like what i saw in legion for paladin, i tried on ptr also and it felt cluncky. The artifact traits are boring , spells have like almost no synergy together, atleast not enough. I tried every single healer and ive watched video stream, from all of them and i like the synergy between the shaman spell and Cloburst totem+ Wellspring is alot of fun hehe. Been playing paladin for 8 years i guess i was in need for a change
    Ohhh Deer,Resto shaman in legion