Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Usually when pre-patch is about to hit the hype train starts and people start flooding back to WoW. We have less than a week till pre-patch and I don't see any signs of people returning in droves like usual. Makes me wonder how big Legion will actually be.

Did WoD really turn people off this much? This is first time I've ever seen pre-patch not be super hyped up.
    Yeah, WoD really was that awful. Legion isn't looking any better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicklle View Post
    Me who haven't played wow for a year & 3 of my friends (one of then didn't touch the game since wotlk) coming back for the pre-expansion patch .i think talking a break from the game & avoid reading any details about legion make me more exited.
    Yeah, you're gonna be in for a disappointment since you haven't been keeping up on all the terrible changes they're bringing with Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I want to return, just for the fun of new content and a new expansion.
    It's always thrilling to experience new areas, dungeons and classes.

But I am not returning,

A new expansion usually consumes way to much time than the regular casualplaying.
    Even though I already bought Legion prebuy over a year ago, I will most likely return come
    november, december when the heat has setteled.

More Garrison Tables.

No thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people realize what a monumental screw-up WOD was. Blizzard burned people hard. They promised an expansion, did not deliver any content, then laughed at us while waving stacks of $100 bills in our faces, saying "look how much money we made from you suckers". It's going to take awhile for them to recover from that, if they ever do. I seriously doubt they will EVER see the WOD levels of hype again. I expect Legion to have a pretty slow start. If it's good, people will trickle in over time. I don't expect to see more than 6 million at launch, and that's probably optimistic. Keep in mind WOW subscriptions dropped under 3 million (that's why they stopped reporting them).

Realistically, that situation should've ended with people being fired. It's almost as bad as what Square-Enix pulled with Final Fantasy XIV (1.0 that is). That game only recovered because they fired the dev team, hired a new team, made the game free to play while they were working on it, then shut the game down and built an entirely new one. For Blizzard to recover the way SE did, would've involved making WOD free to play sometime around March 2015, and keeping it that way until they built a proper expansion.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-07-14 at 10:51 AM.

Usually when pre-patch is about to hit the hype train starts and people start flooding back to WoW. We have less than a week till pre-patch and I don't see any signs of people returning in droves like usual. Makes me wonder how big Legion will actually be.

Why would I return now, when it is still 1 1/2 months until legion launches?
    There's still nothing for me to do in the game until August 30th.

I moved over to FF14 last year and have been happy playing that. Legion does not look that appealing. I really like Battlegrounds but they seemed to have stopped adding new ones. I may end up getting Legion because I enjoy leveling my characters and feel I get my moneys worth just doing that, but I am playing the wait and see game after WOD. If I do come back it won't be for more then a month.

Do people make a big thing about flocking back to the pre-patch, really? I can't really remember that. At any rate, I think that Legion will won't change what we have today that much. I expect kind of a snooze launch.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Facebook missions coming back (I don't give a fuck if there are less of them, I want NONE of them and if they are tied to your artifact then they are not optional) and simplifying classes (classes should be getting more complex over expansions, not less) really turned me off after being on the beta.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have actually re-subbed. I love pre-launch events. Even though none have compared to the TBC and WotLK pre-launch events. But this one looks to have some promise. Also looking forward to Legion.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have actually re-subbed. I love pre-launch events. Even though none have compared to the TBC and WotLK pre-launch events. But this one looks to have some promise. Also looking forward to Legion.
    Dude you could combine the amount of content in MoP and WoDs and even the Cata pre launch event still has more. This is finally a decent one for a change.

Deleted
    I've just resubbed after 6 months of no sub, and the previous 5-6 months being paid for with tokens.

Legion looks more promising than WoD ever did, but time will tell if its really better in the long run.

I haven't heard a buzz of excitement surrounding this expansion, but I know that 'most' of the people I played with (and quit after killing H.Archimonde) have committed to coming back.

How long everyone sticks around for is the real question.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Only one person I know has come back. Aside from the many of us that pop off and back on all the time, none of the others have come back at all. And it's a 75% full friends list. I'm personally a bit excited about the expansion, finally pre-ordered with the Prime discount 2 days ago. So, let's kill some alliance!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    I'm pretty hyped. Decided to try to just trust Blizzard for a change. Will try out Legion open minded, do my leveling and see what happens. I take long breaks often so the only question is when really. In WoD it came pretty fast.

Deleted
    I don't exactly understand why people would return already, there is nothing new yet.

People are waiting this time. At least ones I know lot of people got burned by WoD.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Did WoD really turn people off this much? This is first time I've ever seen pre-patch not be super hyped up.
    Yes, WoD really turned people off this much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I don't exactly understand why people would return already, there is nothing new yet.
    I can only answer this from my perspective and that is that me and most of my friends quit before HFC was out.
    So we still have loads of things to catch up on there are also a few things we wanted to get done before legion hits so we decided to resub a little earlier!

Jedi mind trick...... There are no returning players...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    I can only answer this from my perspective and that is that me and most of my friends quit before HFC was out.
    So we still have loads of things to catch up on there are also a few things we wanted to get done before legion hits so we decided to resub a little earlier!
    Seems od to me to do that rigt before it pretty much becomes meaningless. Although I did that about 2 month ago, so that's not much better.