Woot, I'm officially one of you guys now. xD

Wonder if it's because I live in SoCal that I'm finding a lot of ground and fire types.

15+ Year Old Account
    I caught a Dratini today. And lots of the starter pokemon, well at least squirtles and bulbasaurs. Machop, Slowbro, lots of eevees of course, those things are everywhere, close to being rattata level pests. At least catching lots of them is a GOOD thing.

After a long day of being out all day, I came in, fired up my android emulator, figured out how to spoof my GPS location with my PC and began catching pokemon all over my town from the comfort of my own chair. Also raided the shit out of every pokestop. Gained several levels.

So people are saying the first 20 levels or so to not even worry about boosting your pokemon, just save your stardust. Once you reach 20 and get the ultra ball you'll be finding pokemon more powerful than anything you could upgrade before that. And yes, stronger pokemon start spawning once you reach certain benchmarks and get the great ball and eventually ultra ball. So far the last unlock that anyone seems to know about is ultra ball at 20, but who knows, maybe master ball is at 50. Levels seem to become exponentially higher xp requirement past 21, where post 20 is kind of a gentle leveling curve.

Gyms in my town are guarded largely by snorelaxes and various eevee transformations, but one is guarded by that flying dinosaur pokemon, another is guarded by a dragonite, and another by a gyrados (100 magikarps oh my).
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So people are saying the first 20 levels or so to not even worry about boosting your pokemon, just save your stardust. Once you reach 20 and get the ultra ball you'll be finding pokemon more powerful than anything you could upgrade before that. And yes, stronger pokemon start spawning once you reach certain benchmarks and get the great ball and eventually ultra ball. So far the last unlock that anyone seems to know about is ultra ball at 20, but who knows, maybe master ball is at 50. Levels seem to become exponentially higher xp requirement past 21, where post 20 is kind of a gentle leveling curve.
    Ah, good advice, thanks. I'm just level 5 atm and used some of my stardust on a Rhyhorn. Good to find this out now before I wasted any more. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing since the 9th have yet to see a Taurus......I live in Texas wtf who's in charge of placing spawns?

#PokemonGo is now available on both Android and iOS devices in the United Kingdom.

Servers going down in 3... 2... 1...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So yeah... mom and I were planning a trip to an animal sanctuary thing that you drive through tomorrow for the pokemanz. I hit my data cap today (renews on the 15th), and mom said "Lets delay the trip until the 15th then!". lols at her feeding my addiction.
    I have a small data cap (500 meg). Until now almost everything I did was on Wifi, I have it at home and work, now I find myself using data more. I need to keep tabs on how much I'm using in a day, but yeah, I'm gonna have to watch out for hitting my cap too. New contract in March, and as I'll have paid the phone off my bill will drop as I go sim only, so I might get more data, we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I have a small data cap (500 meg). Until now almost everything I did was on Wifi, I have it at home and work, now I find myself using data more. I need to keep tabs on how much I'm using in a day, but yeah, I'm gonna have to watch out for hitting my cap too. New contract in March, and as I'll have paid the phone off my bill will drop as I go sim only, so I might get more data, we'll see
    I'm not certain if it works, although from my limited experience it does. If you have an android phone, go into google maps>settings>offline areas>download your area while you are in wifi. If you drive to somewhere else, then download that place as well. Seems to save quite a bit of data, but I have heard conflicting reports on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess based on checking so far is you're kinda right in that my first day seemed to use more data, I think it gathered a load from the area I usually walk and has cached it, as the last few walks have used less.

I still have 440 meg to last me until the 10th, but I typically don't even use 100 meg a month, so to have used 60 meg in 4 days is a tad unusual

For people using the apk: the 0.29.2 update has come out.

You can snatch it HERE.

You can safely install it over the existing one and it updates it. If you have troubles with the update removing the old one and installing the new will fix everything - you won't lose your account data in any case.

EDIT:
    changelog:
    - Trainers do not to have to enter their username and password repeatedly after a force log out
    - Added stability to Pokémon Trainer Club account log-in process
    - Resolved issues causing crashes
    - Fixed Google account scope

not listed:
    - Seems to now be working on devices running Android Nougat.
    - Also now working on devices with x86 Intel processors, like the ZenFone family.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-07-14 at 09:48 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's out now in the UK too, if you were using the older APK you can just update it via the Play Store, and I can confirm you won't lose your data.

Whelp, I was having fun until I ran out of Pokeballs and I'm in one of those towns that don't have Pokestops and Gyms. That's it for me because I sure as shit ain't spending money on a mobile game.

10+ Year Old Account

Pidgey is a jerk [Pokemon GO]

I'm not sure if it's bugged but lately i cant catch a Pidgey if my life depended on it. About the last 5 or so encounters from anywhere between 10cp and 100 I would throw the ball and get either a Nice or Great Throw and then he will immediately pop back out and run away. Anyone else have this issue?

As you level up things seem to get harder to catch regardless of their cp

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    Kind of weird, shouldn't it get easier to catch pokémon if your level raises ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    It's just pidgey, I've caught a jigglypuff, tauros and baulbasaur recently all on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I'm not sure if it's bugged but lately i cant catch a Pidgey if my life depended on it. About the last 5 or so encounters from anywhere between 10cp and 100 I would throw the ball and get either a Nice or Great Throw and then he will immediately pop back out and run away. Anyone else have this issue?
    It's usually your gps bugged. That happens because it seems that the server thinks you're actually farer than displayed and basically out of range of the pokemon. Try rebooting the phone and see if it changes.

Or you may be cheating and you're tempbanned (afaik the symptoms are the same - they're not preventing you from logging in but they make you unable to do anything).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    It's usually your gps bugged. That happens because it seems that the server thinks you're actually farer than displayed and basically out of range of the pokemon. Try rebooting the phone and see if it changes.

Or you may be cheating and you're tempbanned (afaik the symptoms are the same - they're not preventing you from logging in but they make you unable to do anything).
    I've been banned from Pidgey!? =( It could be the distant thing because i get terrible reception in my work building and this morning while i was driving in was the most recent.

But then again I've still caught other pokemon on the ride in too just not pidgey
    Last edited by Twistedelmo; 2016-07-14 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedelmo View Post
    I've been banned from Pidegy!? =( It could be the distant thing because i get terrible reception in my work building and this morning while i was driving in was the most recent.

But then again I've still caught other pokemon on the ride in too just not pidgey
    Well another thing is the speed. The app is reeeeeeeaalllyyyy slow in calculation your position, send it to server and all the yadda yadda. So maybe it's just that - i've found that going anything more than 8-9 km/h can cause issues.

Also: going more than 20 km/h while updates your position actually doesn't count for eggs hatching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Also: going more than 20 km/h while updates your position actually doesn't count for eggs hatching.
    I've noticed that, been keeping my phone on me all day to get in every step, also when my gf goes for her jogs I've been getting her to take my phone with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    #TeamValor

Don't be a snob, be the one that beats the snobs down.
    *high five*