Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    About time... "getting shot in the head" in a 3 meter radius around my head was becoming very tiresome.

The only downside is, those with a boner for Hanzo and pick him every round really won't kill anything... they'll probably just pick Genji now.
    I'm pretty sure Genji's throwing stars had similar super-large hit boxes. So they'll suck with him too.

People care that the hitbox size for Hanzos, yet nobody cares about the huge splash damage range of Pharah's rockets, which basically removes the need for aiming at all.
    Hanzos can't do shit in close range, and I've never met anyone that dominated me, and I don't dominate with him either. I have no idea why people are so salty about a few arrows.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Goodie gumdrops

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    (Que the Hanzo tears)
    The best thing about this is that when people start to insta die from good Hanzos again, they won't have any excuse to spit out.

Yesterday I had my best Hanzo game in awhile, where I aimed and shit. People still thought it was because of hitboxes. This whole situation is beyond toxic and I can't wait for it to end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    People care that the hitbox size for Hanzos, yet nobody cares about the huge splash damage range of Pharah's rockets, which basically removes the need for aiming at all.
    Hanzos can't do shit in close range, and I've never met anyone that dominated me, and I don't dominate with him either. I have no idea why people are so salty about a few arrows.
    People whinge about Pharah's explosions and say nothing of Junkrat's explosions which bounce around from a parabolic launch so not only do you not need to aim, you can hit people around corners and behind walls without needing to aim...

Seriously, with Pharah's rockets, there is aiming involved as they're slow projectiles with a low rate of fire and small clip, and the damage fall off from the centre is pretty rapid so it's not so easy to hit people who are actually moving; the skill is in aiming where you're going to be rather than where you are. The explosive radius isn't that big, and the damage fall off from the centre is very fast.

People are salty about the arrows because they can actually hit you while you're in cover because of their size and that they have zero damage fall off from the centre, so therefore just get thrown around entirely speculatively. He's supposed to be a sniper that aims, not Pharah that puts down area denial. You do less damage by just missing with Pharah, just missing with Hanzo lands you a fucking head shot.

Hanzo make me turn off kill cams cause seeing arrows completely miss or hit my body but get registered as a headshot triggered the crap outta me. I love this change.

People who complain about Pharahs and Junkrats not aiming are obviously shitty pharahs and junkrats who just spam shots hoping for kills and have no clue how to play those characters. Show me a junkrat who just spams shots and I will show you another junkrat who aims his shots at that spammer and farms his ass. If you are not learning how to aim lobbed shots with junkrat you are just bad, and if you haven't figured out how to avoid randomly fired shots from junkrat you are bad at all characters.

Pharahs who are good not only have to aim but have to target their shots to where you are most likely going to be if they really want to kill you efficiently. Yeah they could spam a bunch of shots and eventually kill a target with 4-6 shots but they could also aim and kill their targets with 2-3 shots. If you haven't figured out how to dodge slow moving rockets then you are bad as well.

So keep complaining about pharah and Junk not aiming and still killing you, you are just exposing how bad you are at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    So keep complaining about pharah and Junk not aiming and still killing you, you are just exposing how bad you are at this game.
    How does this logic not work for Hanzo? If you're striving to be the best you can be at this game, then surely the arrows are dodgeable. I've heard that in the upper levels of comp play, it's really hard to play Hanzo that's of use to the team. People are dodging them, and his scatter arrow has a long cooldown.

Now that he's gotten even worse, I'm not suprised if he becomes the lowest usage hero. Then, he'll be buffed like Zenyatta and Dva, only to have everyone start crying about him again. I really don't get it.

If you haven't figured out how to dodge slow moving rockets then you are bad as well.

If you can dodge a rocket you can dodge a.. O wait your just retarded
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    How does this logic not work for Hanzo? If you're striving to be the best you can be at this game, then surely the arrows are dodgeable. I've heard that in the upper levels of comp play, it's really hard to play Hanzo that's of use to the team. People are dodging them, and his scatter arrow has a long cooldown.

Now that he's gotten even worse, I'm not suprised if he becomes the lowest usage hero. Then, he'll be buffed like Zenyatta and Dva, only to have everyone start crying about him again. I really don't get it.
    You can't see the arrow coming, you can zig zag and hope it is enough to not get hit, Rockets and pipebombs are easy to see and don't travel as fast as the arrow does. His Scatter arrow is a fire and forget and is only on a 10 second cooldown, if a match lasts 5 minutes you should be firing 30 of them, which isn't really a long cooldown. 20 second sonic arrow is a long cooldown, but not 10. 30 shots that you don't really have to aim that can 1 shot a lot of things because of random headshots. I've had the door open and fired one scatter and killed 3 targets at once before.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-14 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    If you can dodge a rocket you can dodge a.. O wait your just retarded
    Can't call people retarded when you don't even when to use your and you're.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    People whinge about Pharah's explosions and say nothing of Junkrat's explosions which bounce around from a parabolic launch so not only do you not need to aim, you can hit people around corners and behind walls without needing to aim...

Love playing him, but I must admit he should be tuned down a little. Survivability is poor, but he can unleash a lot of damage and wreaks havoc on the tank train, with his knockback mine and traps. You do need to aim though, because in the open, your ass is fried unless you can estimate range, travel time and predict enemy movement. Why are people so obsessed with corners? This isn't CS. You're all over the map, outflank, ambush and use three-dimensional space to get the best odds of defeating your enemy, not strafing back and forth into LOS to score the first HS.

Seriously, with Pharah's rockets, there is aiming involved as they're slow projectiles with a low rate of fire and small clip, and the damage fall off from the centre is pretty rapid so it's not so easy to hit people who are actually moving; the skill is in aiming where you're going to be rather than where you are. The explosive radius isn't that big, and the damage fall off from the centre is very fast.
    Yes, it's the same as with her as with the rest of the "not-instant travel" weapons, though the rockets travel straight at least. The rockets are slow, but you can unleash a lot of them in a short time, and with her flight, it's hard to shut her down unless you're a sniper, soldier or bastion, before she shreds you apart. Reducing her splash, so she has to come a little closer would even things out a little.

People are salty about the arrows because they can actually hit you while you're in cover because of their size and that they have zero damage fall off from the centre, so therefore just get thrown around entirely speculatively. He's supposed to be a sniper that aims, not Pharah that puts down area denial. You do less damage by just missing with Pharah, just missing with Hanzo lands you a fucking head shot.

But Pharah with a wild rocket attack can pin people down, or even do a lot of damage. Hanzo HAS to hit directly with a very low-rate shot, and once he's spotted, he's basically worthless. As a sniper, he's kinda worthless. Every shot beyond medium range is luck (unless they're just walking to a point, unaware of him), and his rate is too low to spray arrows into enemies, hoping to score a good one. His ultimate is good, but it's for medium/short range, not a sniper-ultimate. I don't think he fits into that role.

But all this aside, who feel that they're getting dominated by him? What will he get if they make it harder for him to hit? Nothing? Why bring him at all then?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Can't call people retarded when you don't even when to use your and you're.
    O you got me. On another note did they fix the hit box for roadhog hook, which was far and away a bigger more blatant issue than Hanzo?
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

You can't see the arrow coming, you can zig zag and hope it is enough to not get hit, Rockets and pipebombs are easy to see and don't travel as fast as the arrow does.
    In most fights, you're not dodging rockets from a Pharah on the ground, facing you. She's outflanking you 50 meters into the air, straight up and are landing a barrage of rockets on your head. Strafing arrows is a walk in a park next to avoiding those.
    Mother pus bucket!

Love playing him, but I must admit he should be tuned down a little. Survivability is poor, but he can unleash a lot of damage and wreaks havoc on the tank train, with his knockback mine and traps. You do need to aim though, because in the open, your ass is fried unless you can estimate range, travel time and predict enemy movement. Why are people so obsessed with corners? This isn't CS. You're all over the map, outflank, ambush and use three-dimensional space to get the best odds of defeating your enemy, not strafing back and forth into LOS to score the first HS.

Yes, it's the same as with her as with the rest of the "not-instant travel" weapons, though the rockets travel straight at least. The rockets are slow, but you can unleash a lot of them in a short time, and with her flight, it's hard to shut her down unless you're a sniper, soldier or bastion, before she shreds you apart. Reducing her splash, so she has to come a little closer would even things out a little.

But Pharah with a wild rocket attack can pin people down, or even do a lot of damage. Hanzo HAS to hit directly with a very low-rate shot, and once he's spotted, he's basically worthless. As a sniper, he's kinda worthless. Every shot beyond medium range is luck (unless they're just walking to a point, unaware of him), and his rate is too low to spray arrows into enemies, hoping to score a good one. His ultimate is good, but it's for medium/short range, not a sniper-ultimate. I don't think he fits into that role.

But all this aside, who feel that they're getting dominated by him? What will he get if they make it harder for him to hit? Nothing? Why bring him at all then?
    You mean Junkrat has a role of lots of medium range damage and area denial at the expense of survivability and he is good at it? Pharah doesn't need a nerf, on the ptr she is getting ripped because Zen and McCree got buffed, and headshots can 1 shot you. ANd as far as Hanzo goes, you mean you have to have skill to play him best? A High level of skill? I don't see a problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You don't need to feel "dominated" by something for it to warrant being fixed.
    Well, if a smaller hitbox makes him redundant compared to other classes, isn't that a problem?
    Mother pus bucket!

Already pretty easy to 1v1 Hanzo as Zenyatta, now they are giving me more orb speed, more HP and making him have to actually aim? Lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    You can't see the arrow coming, you can zig zag and hope it is enough to not get hit, Rockets and pipebombs are easy to see and don't travel as fast as the arrow does. His Scatter arrow is a fire and forget and is only on a 10 second cooldown, if a match lasts 5 minutes you should be firing 30 of them, which isn't really a long cooldown. 20 second sonic arrow is a long cooldown, but not 10. 30 shots that you don't really have to aim that can 1 shot a lot of things because of random headshots. I've had the door open and fired one scatter and killed 3 targets at once before.
    Scatter arrow cannot headhsot... that's been removed since beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    May want to re-read what you just wrote
    *titters*
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

You only need to die once per match to Hanzo, watch the arrow miss you by about 3 solar systems, and still headshot you. It has the feels of being killed about 100 times by him.