The Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs.

As I mentioned last week, you can verify all of the updates. For example, Fel Barrage is reduced to 250% AP. You can verify that on the spell wiki, in the damage section, the first number in the formula is 2.5, which is 250%.

Also, on the artifact weapon, FotI has been increased to 140% of weapon damage, also verifiable on the wiki in the damage section. The first number, 1.4 is the 140% weapon damage multiplier.

If you want to test out artifacts, you can easily edit them or add/remove relics in the simulator. Just click on any part of the artifact interface to change it - that easy. Here's a 1-minute video showing all of the character customizations in the simulator.

Edit: Wow, someone got to our wiki fast and said we might have the ICD for Fel Barrage too high at 1.5 sec instead of 0.5. So we'll double check that with some in game testing and update if needed. (Apparently the wiki does really make bug-finding fast!)
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2016-07-14 at 04:10 AM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Anyone able to invite me to the Demon Hunter discord? would love to join the community

Sure thing, here's a 24 hour invite https://discord.gg/DUhYE
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    The Ask Mr. Robot simulator is now updated with the latest patch for all DPS specs
    Error parsing: = TotalCritDamageMultiplier * (1 + 0.06 ( ArtifactTraitRank(CriticalChaos)), message: Mismatched parentheses.

Whooops. Simulating Havoc =)

Deleted
    about the momentum build discussion. i enjoy both momentum and nem build. But i dont think i would use it at the start of the raid. i think it will require alot more preperation for a boss. and since your moving alot more in momentum the chance for a wrong move is higher. until u get to know the boss more atleast.

what about u. would u jump rigth into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skotten View Post
    about the momentum build discussion. i enjoy both momentum and nem build. But i dont think i would use it at the start of the raid. i think it will require alot more preperation for a boss. and since your moving alot more in momentum the chance for a wrong move is higher. until u get to know the boss more atleast.

what about u. would u jump rigth into it?
    The bosses in Emerald Nightmare are not very had mechanically. Only Cenarius might feel a bit hectic.
    If you want to play Momentum, you are better off starting it straight away. You can even practice the game style while leveling as you get both prepared and Felblade pretty early (102), so you can practice jumping in and out.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    The bosses in Emerald Nightmare are not very had mechanically. Only Cenarius might feel a bit hectic.
    If you want to play Momentum, you are better off starting it straight away. You can even practice the game style while leveling as you get both prepared and Felblade pretty early (102), so you can practice jumping in and out.
    And if you decide to opt into Bloodlet or First Blood, you can even kinda practice it by the end of the leveling zone, can't you? You've pretty much got all the tools needed for the build (at least the core elements for it: Vengeful Retreat, Fel Rush. You'll have Blade Dance and Throw Glaive by 100 as well, right?)
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    And if you decide to opt into Bloodlet or First Blood, you can even kinda practice it by the end of the leveling zone, can't you? You've pretty much got all the tools needed for the build (at least the core elements for it: Vengeful Retreat, Fel Rush. You'll have Blade Dance and Throw Glaive by 100 as well, right?)
    102 for Bloodlet. Its in the 3rd row if my memory isn't completely bonkers.

Deleted
    yeah u have em both at 100. i havent really used momentum before i got to 110 and had some gear. im rerolling from a mage to DH, and having those 2 blinks in the back hand is really nice. and as momentum u will use your movement ability alot,, and that could get u in a bad place. but yeah emerald aint that hard on us in that way.

just nobody wanna be that guy, (omg why did u die again)

Deleted
    The 106 talent row is actually pretty close to each other in dps, so if you don't feel like you can master momentum, you can try one of the other ones.

http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...lents/106.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skotten View Post
    yeah u have em both at 100. i havent really used momentum before i got to 110 and had some gear. im rerolling from a mage to DH, and having those 2 blinks in the back hand is really nice. and as momentum u will use your movement ability alot,, and that could get u in a bad place. but yeah emerald aint that hard on us in that way.

just nobody wanna be that guy, (omg why did u die again)
    Having done every raid test, and tried every boss apart from Gul'Dan, there isnt a single fight that makes momentum a liability. Krosus had an issue with felblade and Thats about it. (Most likely fixed Come release)
    Last edited by Sangomah; 2016-07-14 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Auto correct

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    102 for Bloodlet. Its in the 3rd row if my memory isn't completely bonkers.
    I should've clarified: you can practice at 100 because you'll have all the basic pieces to the setup: VR, FR, Blade Dance if First Blood, and Throw Glaive if Bloodlet.

Obviously you won't get the meaty bits until later, but you can at least fuck around with the basic tools in the kit before Legion drops.
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Unanilnomen View Post
    I should've clarified: you can practice at 100 because you'll have all the basic pieces to the setup: VR, FR, Blade Dance if First Blood, and Throw Glaive if Bloodlet.

Obviously you won't get the meaty bits until later, but you can at least fuck around with the basic tools in the kit before Legion drops.
    aight! gotcha! <3

(We really need to go and keep the class designers hostage at some point so Blade Dance is the best thing ever)

Deleted
    Looks like they already nerfed demons blades after the realm restart, was critting for 120k yesterday now not even 50k with cd's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara403 View Post
    Looks like they already nerfed demons blades after the realm restart, was critting for 120k yesterday now not even 50k with cd's.
    It's not really a nerf when it was totally unintended to get the damage buff, more a re-balance to the levels it was meant to be

The thing is if you are jumping in and out or need to use felblade to not be out of a raid bosses hitbox you will get better results out of nem. otherwise you can use this little paint chart which was provided by kib to always stay in melee range without felblade
    Last edited by enchiridion; 2016-07-14 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Broken image

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    The thing is if you are jumping in and out or need to use felblade to not be out of a raid bosses hitbox you will get better results out of nem. otherwise you can use this little paint chart which was provided by kib to always stay in melee range without felblade
    I am fully aware of that, and that was not the point. I dont use Felblade because I NEED it to get back in range. I use it for the Fury part of the ability.

As someone just learning Momentum for the first time, Felblade might help you understand the playstyle. The build suggested earlier (posted from discord) is more for the people that are familiar with the spec and know the playstyle very well. Felblade can be used as a crutch for new players to help them get the basics down.

My post was more directed at the posters in this thread, calming that Momentum can't be used because it will create problems for your raid group.

So, quick question from a non-beta person... A dozen or so pages back, someone mentioned that the Artifact Trait, "Overwhelming Power" was now dropping lesser soul fragments, and that Feast on the Souls was now dropping the CD of Eye Beam when consuming a lesser soul fragment... Is that actually the case? Or am I completely mis-remembering?

Quote Originally Posted by nox597 View Post
    So, quick question from a non-beta person... A dozen or so pages back, someone mentioned that the Artifact Trait, "Overwhelming Power" was now dropping lesser soul fragments, and that Feast on the Souls was now dropping the CD of Eye Beam when consuming a lesser soul fragment... Is that actually the case? Or am I completely mis-remembering?
    Without properly testing it yet, lesser soul fragments seem to lower the eye beam cd still.
    The chance for Overwhelming power to drop souls seemed lower when I ran some mythic dungeons last night on stream, but I would have to extensively test, which I can do later tonight if you want.

Without properly testing it yet, lesser soul fragments seem to lower the eye beam cd still.
    The chance for Overwhelming power to drop souls seemed lower when I ran some mythic dungeons last night on stream, but I would have to extensively test, which I can do later tonight if you want.
    Does that work with fragments from Demonic Appetite, as well?

How does that affect the standing for the Demonic build? I was really looking forward to running that setup, but it looks like Demonic is completely overlooked since the last Beta Build