Rune of Power
    Fireblast at last second of rune of power cast, twice if no crit on pyro
    Fireball / Combust last second
    Pyroblast
    Fireblast / Pyroblast alternating using flame on for more charges
    Why is bolded fireball there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    Fire ranks very high between all dps specs, not only Mage ones.
    Where have you seen that?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    How was the AOE control in Gorefiend?

Awful, like completely awful. We might have all 4 dks in our raid go blood so we can grip every set. The imps destroy us were a pain in the ass.

Why is bolded fireball there?
    Like I said, probably not optimized perfectly, you could likely do without but without the phoenix flames you could run out of instant pyros mid ring if you dont cast it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Awful, like completely awful. We might have all 4 dks in our raid go blood so we can grip every set. The imps destroy us were a pain in the ass.
    I meant Gorefiend the boss. Good to know that Blood DKs have mass grip. It's only every 3min though.

I meant Gorefiend the boss. Good to know that Blood DKs have mass grip. It's only every 3min though.
    Gorefiend was pretty crazy but mainly because the spirit management was so hard. Gorebound essences and constructs were dying pretty fast. I was actually able to keep up with the hunters / beat them on construct dmg which was nice.

Prot pally is missing a ton from not having his artifact is my understanding. They are just insanely squishy at level 100. Hes not stacking stam and using stam trinkets if thats what you are asking. I have extreme amounts of confidence in our paladin tank so if hes dying as fast/much as he is, something has to be wrong.

Like I said, I have 11 sockets, it gives me a pretty distinct advantage over many of our raiders. Our unholy DK was able to beat me on some pulls but I was still beating him on others.

Shadow seems pretty sweet, on council he didnt press Surrender to Madness even though he was spec'd it, he just forgot or something. He definitely would have beat me if he pressed it there. Shadow is actually my second character going into legion in case we have too many mages or fire ends up getting nerfed into the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, Fire has been toned down. At 110 after getting initially heroic / mythic dungeon gear we will have to see where things stand as thats much more important than the mythic raid testing where every person is 100% maxed out in terms of ilevel, this gives a good vision of the end of the tier where fire gets to scale with its crit a lot more.
    Fire is utterly bonkers at 110, in dungeon gear, and maybe normal/heroic gear. Top 3 single target, the best aoe in the game i'd say. It's going to get rightly toned down even more.

Deleted
    According to the latest Simcraft technology Mirror Images might be better than Rune of Power for single target sustained damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    You clearly don't understand. I need to be done in 14 hours so I can spend the next 6+hours waiting for other people.
    I leveled in 11 hours as Fire with my copied 720IL mage.

Where can I see the DPS ranking? Is there one on Simcraft or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    Fire is utterly bonkers at 110, in dungeon gear, and maybe normal/heroic gear. Top 3 single target, the best aoe in the game i'd say. It's going to get rightly toned down even more.
    Almost every dungeon I have been in, melee and other classes have outstripped my aoe damage. I can certainly beat them, but outside of combustion it is hardly consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Almost every dungeon I have been in, melee and other classes have outstripped my aoe damage. I can certainly beat them, but outside of combustion it is hardly consistent.
    Sounds like you arent using living bomb

Even with LB. I haven't ventured into Mythic+, so I am going to assume that the lifespan of +mobs adds to our potential, but only past what? 3 or more targets?

I know numbers tuning isn't over, but from talking to various people in beta and reading various forums, it seems like caster burst aoe if not aoe as a whole is lackluster, not just fire mages.

I've been watching Xyronic of Limit for the past week, and he's consistently topping every dungeon/raid test he goes into. Obviously you don't finish top on every fight, but Fire is absolutely one of the top specs in the game right now. Thinking of maining my Mage again come Legion, so i'd like it tuned high, but i wouldn't be surprised if a few talents/passives got a bit of toning down. Living Bomb among them. Though hopefully not too much as it's probably one of the funnest things about a Fire mage.

Didnt have anything too set in stone yet for the opener, was basically attempting to get as many pyroblasts in a combustion/ring with my rune of power down as possible. I was using the following talents as I was unable to leave and swap them to test them since we were in a rush

Conflagration
    Shimmer
    Rune of Power
    Flame On
    Ice Floes
    Living Bomb
    Cinderstorm

Opener was something like

Prepot
    Precast pyro
    Rune of Power
    Fireblast at last second of rune of power cast, twice if no crit on pyro
    Fireball / Combust last second
    Pyroblast
    Fireblast / Pyroblast alternating using flame on for more charges

After opener for things like manorath or hands on Korm, I made sure to time Rune of Power / Living Bomb to go off as the adds were spawning with the damage buff from Living Bomb, additionally timing a flamestrike as adds spawned so I can cast a Cinderstorm on them with the buffed damage from ignite.

Otherwise, use inferno blast while casting fireball to get as many instant pyros as possible, use charges of rune of power with adds or with flame on to get many instant pyros. You have to feel it out depending on your level of crit.

Once legion hits we will have Phoenix Flames to throw into the mix.

Again, not sure if thats all perfect but it seemed to be working relatively well.

Here are some logs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&fight=13

Prtzls is my mage.

Keep in mind that some of the numbers will be low as many of our raiders had never been on the beta and had very very minimal time on PTR. Additionally, things like Gorefiend were a challenge for me personally as I could not dps the boss at the start. My ignite was spreading to all the stacked souls left behind from shadow of death which was causing a headache so instead of going a spec I had no idea what I was doing with, I just decided to stay fire and not dps boss much prefeast, including missing an entire opener. I was still able to have secondm ost damage on any pull I was alive, sadly our kill pull had about half the raid dying off and the active time of most of the raid was awful.

We were unable to kill manno in the few pulls we had, our prot pally was going down VERY fast and not having multiple death grips was causing a ton of problems. We are likely going to have to run 4x blood DK with glyphed (2 min CD) grip or relearn the fight entirely. Xhul was similarly challenging as we could no longer completely cheese empowered chains with evanesce, and the lack of grips made imps harder to kill. Not having grounding totem for Void Surge also threw off some players as well. Even with the 40% hp and 30% damage nerf, those two fights are very hard.

Would recommend double blood DK if your guild can field it in the upcoming prepatch. Havent tested warrior/monk/bear yet since we dont have any main spec ones but our Pally would require a 100% babysit by our holy pally.

Our guild normally clears this instance in 1, maybe a boss or two on the second night, while carrying two people for mount/gear sales. If the current iteration of HFC goes live, many guilds will have to relearn many fights mechanically, additionally sales might 2-4 times in price as many guilds may no longer be capable of selling it.
    You are amazing. Thank you so much

This is true. But the reason it's true is because many of them they have very strong burst AOE CDs which mages don't have.
    It was pretty much the same in WoD. Outside of the burst insanity that combustion could become in BRF and expecially HFC, our AoE is sustained, not burst. And it will be the same in Legion, but you have to look outside dungeon trash pulls that live 15 seconds and think of raid bosses that live 7 minutes.

I've been watching Xyronic of Limit for the past week, and he's consistently topping every dungeon/raid test he goes into.
    He also has ~880 gear with BiS stats. And even so I saw Windeh (Paragon warrior) beat him on 1 skorpyron attempt and then was 1% behind him on the next, which was a kill.

Deleted
    According to the latest Simcraft technology Mirror Images might be better than Rune of Power for single target sustained damage.
    I would actually love to see MI be on par with RoP. Never really liked the RoP.

It was pretty much on par at the start of WoD as well.
    Then if got outscaled.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    This is true. But the reason it's true is because many of them they have very strong burst AOE CDs which mages don't have.
    It was pretty much the same in WoD. Outside of the burst insanity that combustion could become in BRF and expecially HFC, our AoE is sustained, not burst. And it will be the same in Legion, but you have to look outside dungeon trash pulls that live 15 seconds and think of raid bosses that live 7 minutes.

He also has ~880 gear with BiS stats. And even so I saw Windeh (Paragon warrior) beat him on 1 skorpyron attempt and then was 1% behind him on the next, which was a kill.
    Not sure if he has 880, but regardless, other people he does Mythic level 7-10 with also have really good gear. Melee has also been abusing a potion or something and he still does well. I saw the Warrior, but what was his gear, and does it really matter if Fury is also a god aoe also? Fact is Fire is in a good spot mechanically to deliver consistent, reliable burst.
    Last edited by Sarkol; 2016-07-14 at 11:26 PM.

mages have had a really good track record in terms of being good dps in every expansion, correct? has there ever been an expansion where mages were anything but top tier? talking about only pve here
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Not sure if he has 880, but regardless, other people he does Mythic level 7-10 with also have really good gear. Melee has also been abusing a potion or something and he still does well. I saw the Warrior, but what was his gear, and does it really matter if Fury is also a god aoe also? Fact is Fire is in a good spot mechanically to deliver consistent, reliable burst.
    I didn't say mages are bad. I said they aren't OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    mages have had a really good track record in terms of being good dps in every expansion, correct? has there ever been an expansion where mages were anything but top tier? talking about only pve here
    I heard bad things for TBC.