Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Jeronimo Yanez will be deemed a "white hispanic" in order to better fit him into the narrative sought by the mainstream media, a la George Zimmerman...

10+ Year Old Account
    So something I don't fully understand. Why was no effort made to give Castile first aid before the paramedics arrived? It sounds like he bled out, which can sometimes be stopped with some compression bandaging.

I think if I were a police officer and had just shot someone, once I determined they were disabled and I'd disarmed them, I'd be doing every kind of first aid I could to save their life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    there are a few in there >>. but jeez they don't need to block off the highway... again
    Eh, they apparently waited until well after peak hours to do the march. I'm pretty OK with some minor inconvenience to drivers in off hours for a protest of national significance.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2016-07-14 at 02:14 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    So something I don't fully understand. Why was no effort made to give Castile first aid before the paramedics arrived? It sounds like he bled out, which can sometimes be stopped with some compression bandaging.

I think if I were a police officer and had just shot someone, once I determined they were disabled and I'd disarmed them, I'd be doing every kind of first aid I could to save their life.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, they apparently waited until well after peak hours to do the march. I'm pretty OK with some minor inconvenience to drivers in off hours for a protest of national significance.
    If a weapon is involved, you first have to secure the weapon, prob. why the cop is still drawing down. either he has no idea where it is, and the idiot girl is busy making crap up on a video, so until he knows the weapon is secure. he keeps weapon drawn, cause the threat is that the gun is still in play. had he holstered his weapon, and started to get him out.. who knows. they guy could have been.. playing , or the girl could have reached for it..

Just my understanding of what i can see from all the postings, on why he did not give aid while she was filming.. funny question, why is she not trying to give aid.. she seems pretty clam while he is.. bleeding out.. lots of observations.. but yes, body cams should be helpful.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Good point. Not sure if it was done or not. Or what effort was made after the shooting. The one video is not that long. But I agree, some effort for sure should have been made to save him. Maybe there was or maybe there was not. But it certainly should be a concern.

I am not ok with a protest which hinders normal traffic flow or business activities. In Atlanta they tried to block a major interstate highway and the police stopped them. This only happened in Minn because the police allowed it to happen. Americans certainly have the right to peacefully demonstrate and that right should always be protected. But they do not have the right to demonstrate anyplace or anyway they want. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    If a weapon is involved, you first have to secure the weapon, prob. why the cop is still drawing down. either he has no idea where it is, and the idiot girl is busy making crap up on a video, so until he knows the weapon is secure. he keeps weapon drawn, cause the threat is that the gun is still in play. had he holstered his weapon, and started to get him out.. who knows. they guy could have been.. playing , or the girl could have reached for it..

Just my understanding of what i can see from all the postings, on why he did not give aid while she was filming.. funny question, why is she not trying to give aid.. she seems pretty clam while he is.. bleeding out.. lots of observations.. but yes, body cams should be helpful.
    Yeah, which is why I stated "once I determined they were disabled and I'd disarmed them."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Congratulations on sympathizing with a shitty cop. His line of duty requires him to be able to stand the stress of shooting someone when necessary. Mine does not. I was not trained to emotionally deal with it, and I would probably cry less than that if I thought that what I did was right. But he was bawling his eyes out because he knew he fucked up and just murdered a man for no reason at all.
    That's some amazing insight you have there to know the mind of someone you've never met.