Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    That's a good point. Do we even have a decent third-party candidate? The news is so bias towards the two main parties you never hear ANYTHING about someone who isn't Dem/Rep. It's no wonder most people feel like they just shouldn't vote at all when they honestly have no idea what alternative there is.
    You have FPTP, so no, you only get two parties. By design.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Saying and doing are two totally different things.
    I have to admit that the pew poll suggesting the 85% number sounds like propaganda, incredibly convenient propaganda.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    Nice Hitler compare lol. I don't understand the Trump is literally Hitler argument. Help me understand that if you don't mind.
    Do some research into Adolf Hitler's practices and politics when he was running for office. Set aside where he ended up and focus on how he got his start. No one (rational) is saying that Trump is like Adolf Hitler circa 1945, but there's a very strong case to be made for his similarity to Adolf Hitler circa 1932.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Do some research into Adolf Hitler's practices and politics when he was running for office. Set aside where he ended up and focus on how he got his start. No one (rational) is saying that Trump is like Adolf Hitler circa 1945, but there's a very strong case to be made for his similarity to Adolf Hitler circa 1932.
    And who was the last president to get elected because of a massive cult of personality?

Furthermore, which side of the political spectrum is currently guilty of heavy race baiting? Which party has its supporters engaging in lawless street violence and rioting?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Trump his Hitler, never gets old. You must have flunked out of History to think he's anything like Hitler
    He uses a specific group of people as a problem, and provides crazy solutions on how to fix it.
    His rhetoric is that USA is letting other nations walk all over it, and it needs a tougher leader.
    He is clearly authoritarian, and has promised to make laws to prevent people from criticizing him.

He doesn't HAVE to be in a "worker party", to have grown up poor, been in prison, tried out as a painter, or have a mustache to be compared to Hitler. Maybe Trump doesn't really believe in all the shit he's saying, whereas Hitler did, but we have to judge him on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    How is Hillary liberal? She is the best republican running.
    She's the most liberal of the two people who will become president. There can't be no president.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesPierre View Post
    What's ironic about your post is that I hope Hillary is elected to help us reach rock bottom faster.
    I don't know how you would defend that argument, but please do vote for Hillary
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    That's a good point. Do we even have a decent third-party candidate? The news is so bias towards the two main parties you never hear ANYTHING about someone who isn't Dem/Rep. It's no wonder most people feel like they just shouldn't vote at all when they honestly have no idea what alternative there is.
    Uh not really? IMO Bernie was the only decent candidate to run this time around and he is out.

There is the libetarian party who is the biggest third party. You probably heard of Ron Paul and some of his fairly terrible view points before right? Think of them as economically conservative and socially liberal.

There is the green party who are a little too liberal for my tastes. The current candidate they have running is apparently an anti-vaxxer and has a number of other stupid thoughts on medicine.

Like I said my vote this time will just be to try sending a message to the two corrupt parties, not for or against any particular candidate because there is no one I want to vote for on their individual merits this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    She's the most liberal of the two people who will become president. There can't be no president.
    That doesn't make her liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post

That doesn't make her liberal.
    Even Bernie wouldn't be considered especially liberal in many places, is he then a conservative?
    You have to see it relative to the alternatives.

If you won't vote for the MOST liberal option, while being liberal yourself, you're just hurting your own cause.
    Mother pus bucket!

Lol, when a conservative can get away with linking TYT video because they make his argument then you know the situation is dire.. the democratic party bet on a rather lame horse, I hope their gamble works out.

Even Bernie wouldn't be considered especially liberal in many places, is he then a conservative?
    You have to see it relative to the alternatives.

If you won't vote for the MOST liberal option, while being liberal yourself, you're just hurting your own cause.
    I feel like you're trying to miss the point?

Even if Bernie isn't as liberal as some people that doesn't make him a conservative. He's still a liberal.

Hillary is a conservative, doesn't matter that she is to the left of the far right party.

And telling me what my cause is will gain you nothing. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt to the core conservative politician. I would be hurting my cause if I let her be in charge of the "liberal party".

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    The country won't literally burn to the ground, no matter how much the ultra dramatic left wants everyone to think it will. People will be mad with either major candidate winning. Nothing new there.
    something a lot of people seem to ignore or forget.

No the President cannot change Constitutional Rights.
    No the President cannot take away marriage equality without the Senate AND House.
    No the President cannot make up new laws without the Senate AND House.

The President CAN more strictly enforce laws that already exist, like immigration laws, but cannot make up new ones alone, or pay for increased enforcement plans without budget approval from the Senate.

The President CAN negotiate different/new economic trade deals with other nations, but those deals must be approved by the Senate before they can become law.

The President CAN veto any new laws that make it through Senate and House.

The President CAN set economic policy by working with the Federal Reserve and proposing new economic (think New Deal) programs....the budget for which have to be approved by the Senate.

So Basically
    No matter who wins, the President really can't do much, if anything, to worsen your current way of life without the approval of other parties. Even the big Recession had far more to do with the Housing Bubble, outside of Presidential control, than Bush's decision to go to war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by sheggaro View Post
    of course he won't vote

he's Canadian

and the 2nd worst thing since Justin Bieber
    Justin Trudea posts on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I have to admit that the pew poll suggesting the 85% number sounds like propaganda, incredibly convenient propaganda.
    Yes the Pew Research Center are totally in the bag for Clinton.

lol.

Gotta love whenever something doesn't line up with what Trump believes, its suddenly a conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I feel like you're trying to miss the point?

Even if Bernie isn't as liberal as some people that doesn't make him a conservative. He's still a liberal.

Hillary is a conservative, doesn't matter that she is to the left of the far right party.

And telling me what my cause is will gain you nothing. Hillary Clinton is a corrupt to the core conservative politician. I would be hurting my cause if I let her be in charge of the "liberal party".
    Hillary is certainly liberal on many issues, but why are you so hung up on that term at all? You have the choice between an insane clown or a politician which is more conservative than Bernie, but still not a moron about important things. I guess you are just one of those "all or nothing" type people, then. If it's not perfect, just let it all go to shit.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Lol, when a conservative can get away with linking TYT video because they make his argument then you know the situation is dire.. the democratic party bet on a rather lame horse, I hope their gamble works out.
    Sorry bro I am not a conservative. I am a independent that is on the far left. I just see Clintion for what she is.

Quote Originally Posted by HillaryJtrump View Post
    Sorry bro I am not a conservative. I am a independent that is on the far left. I just see Clintion for what she is.
    Then why do you prefer Trump? He's your anti-christ.
    Mother pus bucket!

Then why do you prefer Trump? He's your anti-christ.
    I don't prefer trump, I just know Hillary is the Devil him self

I don't prefer trump, I just know Hillary is the Devil him self
    Then you do perfer Trump, because one of those two will become president. That's the truth you're facing.
    Mother pus bucket!

Then you do perfer Trump, because one of those two will become president. That's the truth you're facing.
    I did not put Shillary up as the DNC nomination. I honestly am I the ultra-left but this election I must do my part to deny the devil office. Hopefully in 4 years the american people will wake up and put up someone worth a shit for the DNC

Voted for Obama
    My parents work for the State in Wisconsin
    Hate Walker, Hated the GOP
    Wouldn't even consider voting for anyone other than trump.
    >look at europe's refugee crisis /all reasons accounted for

Bahahahaha. Sure.

I did not put Shillary up as the DNC nomination. I honestly am I the ultra-left but this election I must do my part to deny the devil office. Hopefully in 4 years the american people will wake up and put up someone worth a shit for the DNC
    Which Trump website did you copy/paste that from?

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Voted for Obama
    My parents work for the State in Wisconsin
    Hate Walker, Hated the GOP
    Wouldn't even consider voting for anyone other than trump.
    >look at europe's refugee crisis /all reasons accounted for
    Similar situation with my dad. He's a fucking Union Steward and he voted for Romney and now will vote for Trump.

Its fucking mind boggling how insanely backward that is.