Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Your reasons why you are going Retribution in legion.

I see so much negative feedback on paladin, allot of complaining.
    To a certain degree I agree about the hate towards Retribution.

I'm stuck on picking between my Retribution Paladin / Shaman (enh/ele?)
    Been playing shaman since vanilla, yet I absolutely the lore/tiers/class/artifact about the Paladin
    Yet Shaman seems to be the better pick atm.
    Im a competitive raider and im aiming towards mythic raiding in legion

Yet what is the reason why you are still going Retribution in legion?

I'll be Ret because that's what my paladin is. Their tanking is too boring and you don't want to see me trying to heal.

Also I don't think the sky is falling and while I don't like the colossus smash style of play I think I can deal with it and having a now slower rotation.

Because I have played it since TBC.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Because I always have and don't want to give up on it. As sad as that sounds, it's the 100% truth. That is pretty much the only reason for me to keep maining ret. Been on the beta for a while now and still haven't gotten used to it. I've always liked the lore, gear, animations, etc for paladins. As things are right now on beta, if there was another class I actually wanted to play I would. But there's not.. I love my paladin and always will, but man they've put her through a beating so far..

Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Because I always have and don't want to give up on it. As sad as that sounds, it's the 100% truth. That is pretty much the only reason for me to keep maining ret. Been on the beta for a while now and still haven't gotten used to it. I've always liked the lore, gear, animations, etc for paladins. As things are right now on beta, if there was another class I actually wanted to play I would. But there's not.. I love my paladin and always will, but man they've put her through a beating so far..
    Quite much the reason I wanna keep playing Ret, the whole package is to my liking.. Except the actual gameplay.

To honor Maraad by smashing the Legion with his hammer.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I played it through patch 4.0, it will never get that bad again.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I played it through patch 4.0, it will never get that bad again.
    Second this motion.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Best burst with legendary, big numbers
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Msshammy View Post
    Pretty much this. I switched to Ret (from Holy) at the the very very end of Wrath, and have been maining it ever since. I'm a lore nerd at heart, and thus have always loved the Paladin class and will never truly switch from it, especially with the artifcats. (I think I mained my mage for maybe Kara and the start of SSC before caving and switching back to Holy..) Having played through the unspeakable 4.0 patch... well, I think we're going to be okay. At least, that's what I'm going to keep telling myself.

Also... "Ashbringer..." is a very real answer for me.

The animations/gear/weapons/class members/buildings etc will always be a selling point as well.
    Last edited by Light; 2016-07-14 at 03:30 PM.

I'm returning to my ret pal for many reasons:

1 - played it for the most part of my WoW adventures since vanilla
    2 - ASHBRINGER!
    3 - Have so much transmog to use for it
    4 - FREAKING ASHBRINGER
    5 - Don't want to play my monk as main anymore after having it from MOP through WoD
    6 - Did I mention ASHBRINGER?

In short, I'm returning to my first love and the dream that one day I would wield ash

I guess not technically "Going Ret" for Legion since I'm already Ret.

But it has been my main since late BC, can't exactly just give it up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    I guess not technically "Going Ret" for Legion since I'm already Ret.

But it has been my main since late BC, can't exactly just give it up.
    Same boat, plus she has my best looking mog by a mile haha.

I like the ret paladin class and I enjoy playing the part of the retribution paladin in the story the game tells. It's my favorite fantasy archetype and that adds a lot to game immersion for me.
    That said, I've been in the beta since June 10th and I don't find the ret pally to be bad at all. It was a bit of a shock at first given how clunky it felt but I found a set of talents that worked for me and the spec gets much better as you max out your artifact traits, gain haste & mastery. I'm actually enjoying it more than WoD ret pally.

Not sure if I will main my Ret, but after almost 9 years of playing Ret i am sick of being an underdog in rated pvp. I will lvl ret to 110 for sure just to get Elite PvP set, which looks amazing, it reminds me of t2 but cooler, but i will prob will main DH for Rated PvP, unless by some mirracle Blizzard will make Ret viable on Par with War, mage, Rogue, lock in rated pvp

Deleted
    Was mage in Vanilla, switch over to Paladin at the beginning of TBC. Played all 3 roles in that time span, and from MoP till now, as Retribution. This is what I was meant to be!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing Ret since Vanilla, it has always been my main, it will always be my main... I will play Ret, or I won't play WoW.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was so close to dropping my Ret, who's been my goto main since I rolled him in BC. At the end of the day, I just really don't want to not main the toon that I have the most accomplished on. Reps, achievements, gear, mogs, etc. that's really what it boiled down to. That and I can always hope they unfuck what they fucked.

Deleted
    Ret is absolutely fine. The people change, the expansions change, the whining never changes. Every class goes through the same whenever an expansion is released. People will froth at the mouth to explain how terrible their class is compared to other in every single class forum under the sun.

People together are stupid. Echo chambers never produce anything useful. Listen to yourself only. Play the character and decide based on how you feel, not how others feel.