Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They did say investigation, probably to prevent people from doing what you seem to be planning
    In fairness Darsi they also "investigated" all those high rated streamers who got banned for "cheating" in arena. Which is what got them banned, then they were like "opps our bad, the programming thought they were cheating".

This isn't going to solve much. As much as I dislike the guy, asmongold said it best. It's just a new system that people are going to find a way to exploit. This is honestly a form of censorship and if they're going to start banning people when people in LFR tell them to actually do something and not just auto attack or when you tell someone they suck at the game, people need to grow up rather than expect a business to fix all their problems because that isn't how the world works. As for the gold sellers and mount sellers in trade, they'll continue to spam, because 99% of the time they're spamming on a lv1 on a hacked account, so they don't care if it gets banned or silenced.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2016-07-14 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    I don't understand, do people regularly insult someone and spout out insults all the time? I really fucking hope people don't honestly think they will get muted for calling someone idiotic due to their plays or just not performing well, and explaining why. I mean, not even LoL (the most stringent system) does that.
    They will if they're reported consistantly by different unique accounts. That's how it works in OverWatch. All the regular trolls in tradechat are crying about it, and it's like Christmas come early. They know they'll be silenced for a fact unless they stop basically subscribing to be an attention whore.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Also, the point of the system is for players to not like it. You want them to think it's a pain and an inconvenience. This way, they're deterred from breaking the rules. If you don't care about the punishment, you're likely to come back and do it again, having learned nothing.
    "breaking the rules"? I'm confused by this statement because there are no rules anywhere that says that anyone needs to conduct themselves a certain way to play the game. Even the esrb doesn't rate online interactions for a reason. This was only added because casuals suck and need another reason to attempt to report an elitist to feel good about themselves when they're told they blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    "breaking the rules"? I'm confused by this statement because there are no rules anywhere that says that anyone needs to conduct themselves a certain way to play the game. Even the esrb doesn't rate online interactions for a reason. This was only added because casuals suck and need another reason to attempt to report an elitist to feel good about themselves when they're told they blow.
    You sound like someone that's going to spend their days perma-silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    You sound like someone that's going to spend their days perma-silenced.
    I don't talk in trade or any chat unless I have something to sell. So I really won't. It's just another bad change in the wrong direction that Blizzard has been doing throughout the entire Legion alpha and beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Taken from blue: "By using the in-game report tool to identify players who may be engaging in inappropriate interactions within the various channels, you’ll be helping create the type of community we all want to take part in".

And below the kind of player the new "community" promotes:

Yeah a game full of vengeful ruffians is exactly what wow needed. No reason to have good players who know their class and play properly all we need is mediocre noobs who don't want to improve and now have an extra layer of protection against being told off while freely f*cking raids/BGs etc.

The PC nature of wow makes me want to puke.

- - - Updated - - -

Being bad at the game you play and affecting others does?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been doing that successfully for years now. Also I only make groups never join so I can freely kick people who don't belong playing with me or my crew. I also have my own guild own banks etc and I never use or read trade chat. I don't join random BGs/dungeons or even raids that much to isolate me from stupidity of others even further.

Calling for a "community" in this game is such hypocricy.

- - - Updated - - -

I would give anything to have bads removed from the game so I don't have to swear or ruin my night but it seems the tech for it doesn't exist yet or even worse blizzard prefers noobs and idiots as its customers because they complain less about all the shit it feeds them.
    So you being a douchebag to everyone is going to make them improve right? Telling them that they're a noob and that they suck and how you wish you could just remove them from the game is going to improve their skills as a player? Ok. You know to me this seems contradictory. You want players to improve but here you're saying if given the chance you would just remove them. So I mean what do you want here? The other thing I don't get is that people like you claim they want players to improve but everytime your asked if you would help people like explaining a boss fight and such you're always like "I don't have time to be wasting on noobs". So it's like instead of helping them improve you'd rather just call them noob and that their retarded for not knowing how to play a fucking computer game.

So I believe if you want players to improve how about being less of an asshole and actually helping them when they ask you for it? People like you are so fucking selfish you're always like "oh these bads ruin my experience with the game". Yeah? Well what about these new players? How do you think they feel? Well you probably wouldn't know because apparently the game revolves around you and you only. They were looking forward to playing the game teaming up with people and having fun and here you come, King Douchebag calling everyone a worthless noob because you've been playing the since vanilla and you know everything and you learned everything the hard way. Mr Tough Guy. People like you are the reason why tools like this even came to exist. People like you is what is making WoW such a fucking miserable place to be anymore.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-07-14 at 04:34 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    There is no way the system is not going to be automated in some way. There are millions of players still playing WoW, which will generate tens to hundreds of thousands of reports per day. Do you really think there will be enough people monitoring the system to stay on top of all those reports?
    Yes.

Why? They're not going to investigate every single report. They clearly stated that *multiple* reports would trigger an investigation. That should weed out at least half of the reports submitted daily, if not more.

Here's the thing people need to realize, Blizzard's current policy for banning people and the report system itself is without question capable of being excessively abused, this type of social engineering is not cool or welcome anywhere at all in a real world environment for reasons that should be very obvious to anyone that's thought it through, and outside of that in private domains is not generally something that is excessively enforced on any scale unless they want to waste money on an effort that is ultimately completely pointless, imagine for example if most taverns had a policy of 86ing customers who used any kind of offensive language, those places of business would without a doubt lose a lot of revenue over some pointless crusade.

The thing is while many of you might try to deny this and keep up some image that you're just the coolest person ever human nature is human nature, so whether or not you're the kind of person who uses what you *consider* to be "offensive language" certainly each and everyone of you (or at least the vast majority) does things that offend other people or that negatively effect the game experience of others.

Moreover, and this is a really important point so pay attention class: plenty of things that should be considered extremely major violations (such as intentionally causing the deaths of same faction players, ninja looting and so on) are things that a player can't even be banned for.

Not to mention in the event of a suspension maybe the player violated chat policy, but there's absolutely no way at all that they know if the person who reported them also violated policy as this is information that is simply not relevant because their policy is to not even look into it at all (and due to the sheer amount of reports they simply can't be bothered to) and so they simply punish players for any and all use of language that is not okay according to their chat policy.

To put it very simply, regardless of how many of you are in favor of this system, it's simply not a matter of opinion that what a player finds offensive is extremely personal, such a system is easily abused, and it is simply not a worthwhile effort to suspend and/or otherwise punish players outside of cases where there is excessive and targeted harassment.

Same goes for spam, the way their policy/system works now, some player in game who makes gold legitimately by selling items or services in game through legitimate means that are allowed, can and are punished for simply advertising frequently in proper channels. Not to mention, this system unfairly targets players who speak a foreign language because people just assume whatever they're saying in trade chat or whatever is spam, but in reality it's just some player who speaks a different language doing something no different than the English speaking player trying to sell what they're selling in the same channel.

Basically you all need to grow up, find some kind of real life enjoyment and quit trying to ruin other people's day for the most minor of minor things that offends you.

I'm not gonna lie, I might occasionally get pissed off and use profanity or whatever in chat, but it's never excessive, I never ever have gone out of my way to target other players and harass them constantly, if they bother (and it takes a lot to bother me) I say my piece and put them on ignore. But until recently I have never so much as received a single infraction on my account whatsoever for any reason at all, and in the last several months I have been suspended several times in the last 6 months for periods ranging from 2-48 hours for extremely minor chat violations. And I am definitely the type of player who goes beyond to help others, always puts 100% into any group activity, never says anything slightly racist, homophobic, and I do not troll at all.

But ya keep on defending this stupid system that is very clearly and obviously being abused by trolls constantly. It's really taking care of "the problem". lol
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-14 at 08:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Here's the thing people need to realize, Blizzard's current policy for banning people and the report system itself is without question capable of being excessively abused, simply due to the fact that with the sheer amount of reports they get, they are suspending accounts for minor infractions without looking into the details of the situation at all, and worse because they don't care, whether or not you're even targeting a specific player in game with any kind of harassment they are punishing accounts simply for using words that fall under what they don't like, this type of social engineering is not cool or welcome anywhere at all in a real world environment for reasons that should be very obvious to anyone that's thought it through, and outside of that in private domains is not generally something that is excessively enforced on any scale unless they want to waste money on an effort that is ultimately completely pointless, imagine for example if most taverns had a policy of 86ing customers who used any kind of offensive language, those places of business would without a doubt lose a lot of revenue over some pointless crusade.

Moreover, in this game environment, whether or not you're the kind of person who used "offensive language" most players in this game do things that negatively effect the game experience of others, and plenty of things that should be considered extremely major violations (such as intentionally causing the deaths of same faction players, ninja looting and so on) are things that a player can't even be banned for. Not to mention in the event of a suspension maybe the player violated chat policy, but there's absolutely no way at all that they know if the person who reported them also violated policy as this is information that is simply not relevant because their policy is to not even look into it at all and simply punish players for any and all use of language that is not okay according to their chat policy.

To put it very simply, regardless of how many of you are in favor of this system, it's simply not a matter of opinion that what a player finds offensive is extremely personal, such a system is easily abused, and it is simply not a worthwhile effort to suspend and/or otherwise punish players outside of cases where there is excessive and targeted harassment.

Same goes for spam, the way their policy/system works now, some player in game who makes gold legitimately by selling items or services in game through legitimate means that are allowed, can and are punished for simply advertising frequently in proper channels. Not to mention, this system unfairly targets players who speak a foreign language because people just assume whatever they're saying in trade chat or whatever is spam, but in reality it's just some player who speaks a different language doing something no different than the English speaking player trying to sell what they're selling in the same channel.

Basically you all need to grow up, find some kind of real life enjoyment and quit trying to ruin other people's day for the most minor of minor things that offends you.

I'm not gonna lie, I might occasionally get pissed off and use profanity or whatever in chat, but it's never excessive, I never ever have gone out of my way to target other players and harass them constantly, if they bother (and it takes a lot to bother me) I say my piece and put them on ignore. But until recently I have never so much as received a single infraction on my account whatsoever for any reason at all, and in the last several months I have been suspended several times in the last 6 months for periods ranging from 2-48 hours for extremely minor chat violations. And I am definitely the type of player who goes beyond to help others, always puts 100% into any group activity, never says anything slightly racist, homophobic, and I do not troll at all.

But ya keep on defending this stupid system that is very clearly and obviously being abused by trolls constantly. It's really taking care of "the problem". lol
    Bolded for my emphasis.

You should follow your own advice and "grow up" and follow the rules you agreed to. If you don't, then you should "grow up" and start playing or doing something else and stop trying to ruin other people's day by being abusive to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Bolded for my emphasis.

You should follow your own advice and "grow up" and follow the rules you agreed to. If you don't, then you should "grow up" and start playing or doing something else and stop trying to ruin other people's day by being abusive to them.
    I don't think you understand what being a grown up means, it means you've accepted the reality that life doesn't always go the way you want it to and not everyone behaves the way you would like them to, and forcing them to do so (outside of what could be considered reasonable, that is to say, things that are not in fact effecting your life in any notable way) is a fundamental violation of a person's freedom.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-14 at 08:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understand what being a grown up means, it means you've accepted the reality that life doesn't always go the way you want it to and not everyone behaves the way you would like them to, and forcing them to do it is a fundamental violation of a person's freedom.
    LOL, NO. That's called being a petulant child. Being a grown up means accepting that fact that there are some things that you can and cannot do, and appropriate places to do such things.

Being adult is also following the conduct that you yourself agreed to.

7+ Year Old Account
    But ya keep on defending this stupid system that is very clearly and obviously being abused by trolls constantly.
    Love you guys making up shit to support your point. Total bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you understand what being a grown up means, it means you've accepted the reality that life doesn't always go the way you want it to and not everyone behaves the way you would like them to, and forcing them to do so (outside of what could be considered reasonable, that is to say, things that are not in fact effecting your life in any notable way) is a fundamental violation of a person's freedom.
    You need to step away from your computer and roam around the real world a bit. There are rules in play in the real world that impinge on an individual's "rights", every where. For some reason internet trolls don't want real world rules to apply to their online behavior. Wonder why that is. Fuck, I wish people were forced to use their real world identity in order to post online so that they could be held responsible for the crap they spew. Oh how thing would change in internet communities.

Grow up... indeed.

Imagine if World of Warcraft were a bar, or any type of venue that is open to the public for their enjoyment, and they had a policy where a person could be banned from the premises if someone claimed that person did/said something that offended them (something you really could not prove at all or that very likely you might only be saying for no reason other than you not liking that person), so basically the bartenders are likely to ban you from the place because of he-said/she-said high school bullshit but someone they like might very well do something that is actually illegal (like getting physically violent at someone who offended them) and they are not also banned from the premises but also protected by the business in the case of any legal action taken. Do you understand on any level at all how absolutely crazy that policy would be and how quickly that business would be run down, or at least wouldn't be successful or popular at all outside of customers that were friends of the bartenders and so on?

If you understand why that's a bad idea to have such a policy in a real world environment then why do you support similar policies in a virtual world?

Using that logic, we should not ever send any bandits to jails because: 1) we're violating their freedom and 2) there is always a risk that we're sending an innocent to a jail. No, no and another no. If you behaved in a such way that you got people to report you, be it abusing system or not, you're guilty. And you can always request appeal if you think you was punished wrong. That is how an adult world works.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if World of Warcraft were a bar, or any type of venue that is open to the public for their enjoyment, and they had a policy where a person could be banned from the premises if someone claimed that person did/said something that offended them (something you really could not prove at all or that very likely you might only be saying for no reason other than you not liking that person), so basically the bartenders are likely to ban you from the place because of he-said/she-said high school bullshit but someone they like might very well do something that is actually illegal (like getting physically violent at someone who offended them) and they are not also banned from the premises but also protected by the business in the case of any legal action taken. Do you understand on any level at all how absolutely crazy that policy would be and how quickly that business would be run down, or at least wouldn't be successful or popular at all outside of customers that were friends of the bartenders and so on?

If you understand why that's a bad idea to have such a policy in a real world environment then why do you support similar policies in a virtual world?
    One of the worst analogies EVER! If you can't make your point without an analogy, you don't have a point to make.

So what I've gotten from this thread: The people who act like asshats are upset that they're not going to be able to do it in game. Working as intended, well played Bliz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    For some reason internet trolls don't want real world rules to apply to their online behavior. Wonder why that is. Fuck, I wish people were forced to use their real world identity in order to post online so that they could be held responsible for the crap they spew. Oh how thing would change in internet communities.

Grow up... indeed.
    Oh you, that's real easy to say when you can conveniently call anyone a troll online, regardless of whether or not they're actually trolling. Do you even think before you post? Here's a hefty dose of reality for you, if people were forced to use their real world identity online, people like you would be an easy target for a successful lawsuit for slander.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    So what I've gotten from this thread: The people who act like asshats are upset that they're not going to be able to do it in game. Working as intended, well played Bliz.
    Yeah, looks like good old decade of anal spamming is finally over, thank god and Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    One of the worst analogies EVER! If you can't make your point without an analogy, you don't have a point to make.
    And this guy calls me a troll...oh the irony.

And this guy calls me a troll...oh the irony.
    You know, if you're spamming trade or lfg chat like you spam this thread, trying to prove something to That One Guy In The Internet Who Is Not Right, then you deserve what you'll get.