Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Really would not be. Anyone walking toward a cop with a hand behind their back refusing to comply would be downright stupid at best, and murderous at worst.
    But that's the thing it would be, There was that black kid who robbed a corner store, beat up the attendant and then walked down the road threatening cops and you guess it resulted in the guy being shot and killed. And there was a cry of outrage that the cops killed an innocent man, where i would cry suicide by cops the whole of America cried racism.

This thread has taught me that lots of people think a cop should jump on a land mine, so that literally any non cop doesn't get hurt.

Yeah, sorry, no. It is EXTREMELY easy to cooperate with a cop. They even shout the instructions at you to help you along. Dying from cops should get an automatic darwin award.

Not only did you fuck up simple instructions that were being shouted at you, but you managed to get yourself into a situation where guns were trained on you in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    If someone is walking to you, one hand concealed and not following the order "put your hands up" even with guns trained on him, then yes, he is a threat.

Or, you could be an idiot, and assume hes not a threat and proceed to get shot.

You're forgetting the part where this is a volatile situation, and instead trying to imply what i meant was

"A cop can walk up to you, shoot you and just pretend you were a threat"

Please don't be obtuse, it just makes you look stupid.
    Why you let someone which you consider a threat to close the distance any way?
    At the beginning of the video it's a 10 meter distance and the guy ends up getting shot to the chest at 2 meters.

The inability of the cops to handle stressful situations it's clearly a sign that they shouldn't be a cop in first place.
    We can safely assume that if these guys were soldier and were on the battlefield everything that moves should die.

Learn the difference between removing a threat and murder.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2016-07-14 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post
    But that's the thing it would be, There was that black kid who robbed a corner store, beat up the attendant and then walked down the road threatening cops and you guess it resulted in the guy being shot and killed. And there was a cry of outrage that the cops killed an innocent man, where i would cry suicide by cops the whole of America cried racism.
    Depends entirely on circumstances. This case is extraordinarily cut and dry: the video includes the entire event and is very clear. The police did exactly as they should have.

I don't know what situation you are talking about, but I don't remember another one where the police were in the right as clearly as in this case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Suicide by cop, I dunno why people are suggesting the police should already have mind reading capabilities. The guy made himself look like a threat so they would kill him, it's as simple as that.
    Oh please he just keep his arm behind
    I`m prety sure that there is a ways to disarm possible thread w/o to need to shoot the person and there isnt 1 shoot only but several...These guys do not just remove potential threat they Murder a person
    And if the police cant shoot in limbs then they should learn to do it its not a that hard

15+ Year Old Account
    Just because he didn't follow the police orders means he should die. Or may be human life isn't worth anything if you are in America. America is just as bad as Islamic state at this point. Only difference is you can kill people legally and get away with it as a police officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
    It doesn't really matter what kind of defense training an officer has if the potential gunman/bomber/whatever decides to turn and kill other people. All this talk about keeping distance and defensive techniques does nothing to help innocent bystanders. The threat isn't just towards the officer, but potentially everyone in the area.

The officers could have gambled and not shot the man, and he wouldn't have died, or he could have killed people. Alternatively, if the man WAS armed and had the intention to kill, the officers would be the unsung heroes that saved innocent people right now. There's no way to know which is the case when it's happening with these circumstances. All they can do is trust in the most basic form of common sense (self preservation) and hope the person complies. These things happen, as well as random innocent people getting killed.

There's never an easy answer.
    yes, it's not easy at all, and I'm not saying this particular situation, with these very strict police protocols, and uncooperative civilians could somehow by magic become easier than a 50/50 quick decision. I'm saying let's think. I mean if everything else is evolving along why not policing? With the amazing tech in the military, why can't new tech be created for police, possibly less dangerous control methods for situations like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    No. He was told what to do and he refused to do it. He appeared to be a threat, and they're trained to end those threats. He was given a choice and he made it.
    I fail to understand how most Americans think. Is fatally shooting an unknown threat the only way to end it in most of your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Idiot ignored police and is dead ... police did their job

what he was blind, deaf had a mental or medical problem or couldn`t speak the language? why the hell doesn`t they shoot one time in a less lethal erea instead of filling him with lead. one have to ask...how retarded is society in the US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    I`m prety sure that there is a ways to disarm possible thread w/o to need to shoot the person and there isnt 1 shoot only but several...These guys do not just remove potential threat they Murder a person
    And if the police cant shoot in limbs then they should learn to do it its not a that hard
    I'm pretty sure nobody here is able to shoot at a limb, acting like it's not hard is well stupid.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I fail to understand how most Americans think. Is fatally shooting an unknown threat the only way to end it in most of your eyes?
    I don't know. Like I told a few friends discussing this, I don't face this situation in my everyday life. Here in America the police face more violent offenders than in most other first-world countries. They're trained to use force over other techniques as a result.

Depends entirely on circumstances. This case is extraordinarily cut and dry: the video includes the entire event and is very clear. The police did exactly as they should have.

I don't know what situation you are talking about, but I don't remember another one where the police were in the right as clearly as in this case.
    Oh i agree with you 100% that in this situation that it was indeed suicide by police and his intent was to get himself killed and with the recent shootings of police officers in America i to would be on edge at a man walking towards me with an arm behind his back and not complying with orders, I am just saying that if it happened to be a person of colour that did this people would be up in arms and rioting. And sadly that is all this thread is,one to bait out people to throw fuel on to the fire for the recent shootings, because like you said it is extremely obvious that he intended to be shot by the officer be it to incite movement against the local officers,get money for his family or mental issues.

And i believe it was the Micheal Brown case i can't quite remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What in the fuck. Suicide by cop indeed, I guess.

Er, no, wait. I mean #WhiteLivesMatter, riot planning meeting at 8pm tonight.
    Can't make it at 8pm.......can we push it back to 9pm so I can come after work?
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "Americans".

Go ask your police or military how they would handle a similar threat.
    Yes Americans. Compared to other developed countries police killings and gun violence in general is off the charts. Something is fundamentally wrong there whether you choose to accept or acknowledge that or not.

He was a good boy, he was holding a sandwich behind him!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

When there are multiple officers like this I think having one sitting with their gun ready to fire as the other tries non leathal force should be the go to plan. I do understand that in the heat of the moment that is easier said then done, even more so since he could have been the armed suspect they were looking for. Of course if this idiot kid complies none of this happens.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Why you let someone which you consider a threat to close the distance any way?
    At the beginning of the video it's a 10 meter distance and the guy ends up getting shot to the chest at 2 meters.

The inability of the cops to handle stressful situations it's clearly a sign that they shouldn't be a cop in first place.
    We can safely assume that if these guys were soldier and were on the battlefield everything that moves should die.

Learn the difference between removing a threat and murder.
    Probably because the cops aren't trigger happy? He gave the guy more than enough chance, more than he should have and eventually got to the point where "its my life or his" and shot.

Cop should've shot way earlier, and I say this as a guy that lives in the UK, where we all hate guns.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    How is it possible that a white person was shot and killed by the police? BLM told me that the police kill squads only hunt for minorities. This must be a lie to further the white man's conspiracy against women and minorities.
    The black person would've probably been shot after disobeying the first warning. Hell, there's a chance he would've been killed as he raised his hands over his head to comply as that might seem to be a threatening act. This guy had been warned over and over and over again. They didn't shoot him until he actually seemed like he would pose a real threat to their safety not just black=dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

There was a case almost identical in Maryland with a black guy. There were tweets about "Black people point at police and have their head blown off". I would link the video but i'm sure it would be taken down. Just search for Maryland finger gun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    It's up to the police to decide if he's a threat or not. The person who is being analyzed has no say in it. It's really simple.

Just.
    obey
    the
    officers