Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coils View Post
    I play on Bleeding Hollow, which is usually a high-pop realm around the clock. I've seen that its dipped down to medium on the login screen, and can generally tell that there are fewer players hanging around the populated areas. But no, its not dead.

Some of my alt servers however, feel quite underwhelming in terms of population. I'm not sure if the posters above me are discussing Silvermoon-EU, but from my experience Silvermoon-US feels really sparse..
    Silvermoon-EU yes .

Realmpop.com - fun and interesting site.

Once the top raiding guilds left Burning Blade in Cataclysm, a mass exodus shattered the alliance player-base. BB went from High w/queue times to a ghost town in about a month.

Right now, there are 11,000 level 100 alliance toons.

On Sargeras, the server I finally migrated to during SoS/MoP has 166,000 level alliance 100 toons. (These are both PVP servers).

Regardless of the average number of characters per player, that difference makes WoW on Sarg a whole different game.

Unless you like solo WoW - PLEASE join a high pop server.

You will not regret it, it saved the game for me, and has been one of the only things to get me through WoD.

Yeah kind of Stormreaver US. I just hope it picks up for legion because I don't want to spend tons of money on xfers.

Nope, none of the servers I play on are dead. I made the decision years ago to only have characters on servers that are unlikely to ever die out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Servers have quite a big impact on the game. I think the cross realm thing was a cool idea but I rather saw it implemented in a different way.

I still want Blizzard to offer a multiple character transfer for a reduced price. I have switched realms a few times for guilds, friends and what not.
    Paying for each character is a pain though, I usually only transfer a few and create a few new chars on that realm to spare myself some money.

Deleted
    EU-Skullcrusher have been "dead" ever since mid-cata.

Now post-wod, even the trade chat is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argent Dawn - EU is pretty alright I guess. Horde side is a bit stale unless you go to the RP hubs, but Stormwind still got some people in them. Being an RP realm the ones who still stay do so because they are RPing, meaning there are always people walking about and conversing. Pretty lucky.

Though some guildmates claimed they had been in a dungeon queue for over 60 minutes without any luck. Had a tank complaining about a 15 minute wait. Idk what that means but it doesn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    How do you measure if a server is dead?
    Do a /who of each class. If they're all less than 10-15, your server's probably dead.

Deleted
    It's as dead as Disco.

Blizzard must be looking at more server merges, because there are so many realms that are dead or dying, but are perhaps holding off until servers are stable after Legion launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    I am on Stormrage-US. a very large server. However it is becoming quite dead. No one really talks in trade anymore, there isn't enough people lfg, my guild of 900 rarely has more than 3 people online, aswell as the raiders in my guild who have all seemingly taken a break(?) from wow for the last 4 months. It makes me sad
    ...there isn't a person in the universe who would describe Stormrage-US as dead. It's hands down the single most populated Alliance server in NA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mazrigos - EU is dead too

Balmung has so many people on it that you more or less have to pay a transfer fee just to get on there. Pretty much can't go anywhere without tripping over folks.

In before "ermagerd WoW thread":

Moved off of Ysera-US at 6.0 patch to Hyjal. Ysera had pretty much been dying since mid-Cata. Hyjal was still fairly active last time I was on, but that was 4ish months ago.

Deleted
    So many liars here, even the "low" pop realms have plenty of people running around.
    Besides Outland is only less than 50% the size of Silvermoon, Outland is in fact the smallest of the "high" realms, barely any bigger than most connected realms.

The 3 largest realms are Silvermoon, Draenor and Гордунни, all of them over twice the size of Outland.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2016-07-14 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say right now a lot of servers probably feel dead. When Legion comes out you'll see more people. This usually happens all the time between expansions. Especially if people didn't like it.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Currently playing Alliance on Illidan, let that sink in for a moment

10+ Year Old Account
    Al'Akir/Skullcrusher/Xavius EU. Pretty dead. Not my first choice of a server but the guild is there. Even during BRF progression we had to recruit some that joined our raids through cross realm connectivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuush View Post
    Haha, yeah keep believe in that mate! Its gonna be like the last 2-3 expansions, a solid sub boost for a few months, then back to 0.
    but you will stay here lurking on the wow forums talking smack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Al'Akir/Skullcrusher/Xavius EU. Pretty dead. Not my first choice of a server but the guild is there. Even during BRF progression we had to recruit some that joined our raids through cross realm connectivity.
    Don't be so picky with recruits.

MG/WRA

Want a thriving community? Join an RP server. I don't RP, but god I love seeing cities alive, can't wait to see it in Legion.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    MG/WRA

Want a thriving community? Join an RP server. I don't RP, but god I love seeing cities alive, can't wait to see it in Legion.
    Im thinking about doing this, but I need to move all my gold -.-