WoW Dev team size increases, are the recruitments beginning to show?

Since MoP released in late 2012 the development team has increased by at least 40 %, with another 40 % increase to come (This was stated prior to patch 5.4 at Gamescon 2013, so almost 3 years ago). If this is true, the dev teams goal size is 96 % larger than it was at the release of MoP. This means that they had to recruit, integrate and train newcomers during MoP, is that why WoD was so underwhelming in terms of patch content?

With Legion we are getting in my opinion a lot of new content, with primarly Artifacts, Demon Hunters, World Quests, Surammar, as well as the content we expect such as class reworks, tuning, raids and new pvp systems.

The question is, how much content will Blizzard be able to make in the comming patches? I remember Landfall (5.1) as a great midtier patch with story development in quests and scenarios. New Factions for the players to grind to exalted. And all this was made by a team that's half the size of today, how much content do you think Blizzard will be able to deliever this expansion?

Edit: Added sources.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/wow.../1100-6422762/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Arena-DLC-404
    Last edited by Maggux; 2016-07-14 at 09:22 PM.

Last time they bumped up the team drastically we got WoD, quantity doesn't mean quality.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Dunno, but they said they learned the hard way that the increase in team size didn't allow them to make the same amount of content faster but instead allowed them to make more content in the same time frame. We'll see how much truth there is to that along with them saying they're going to pace the patches better over the course of legion.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Without details, team size is a nebulous and somewhat meaningless stat. What are these new hires? Did they hire more game designers? More animators? Is the bulk of the new hires related to the QA team?

Do you have links providing details?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Last time they bumped up the team drastically we got WoD, quantity doesn't mean quality.
    Yes, but those recruits were probably not put to work on WoD, but rather Legion and the patches to come, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Dunno, but they said they learned the hard way that the increase in team size didn't allow them to make the same amount of content faster but instead allowed them to make more content in the same time frame. We'll see how much truth there is to that along with them saying they're going to pace the patches better over the course of legion.
    You'll see! Legion is going to have so much stuff, the forums are going to be filled with complaints about too much stuff (just like the too many dailys complaints)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    You'll see! Legion is going to have so much stuff, the forums are going to be filled with complaints about too much stuff (just like the too many dailys complaints)
    I mean, at least early on from my alpha / beta experience there's already looking like way too much shit to do. Thank goodness I have no life or I dunno how the hell I'd keep up.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll know the answer to this once we see some patches in Legion. There will certainly be more than Warlords. There will certainly not be enough for some.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quality of the Class design went down into the ground. All the content of Legion won't matter much if classes are shit to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Quality of the Class design went down into the ground. All the content of Legion won't matter much if classes are shit to play.
    This is my worry. It is not a matter of too much stuff to do, but the stuff being worth doing or fun to do. WOD had plenty of things to do, just most of it was not worth the time or effort
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggux View Post
    The question is, how much content will Blizzard be able to make in the comming patches? I remember Landfall (5.1) as a great midtier patch with story development in quests and scenarios. New Factions for the players to grind to exalted. And all this was made by a team that's half the size of today, how much content do you think Blizzard will be able to deliever this expansion?
    I have a question now. How many more dungeons and raids have been added since the details of Legion were released nearly a year ago (August 6, 2015)? One more dungeon announced since that announcement (The Arcway)? Wasn't all the additional developers being added supposed to mean that many more dungeons and raids would be added?

In regards to having more developers, I haven't seen that official announcement myself. Did Blizzard explicitly say additional developers were being added to WoW, or that Blizzard was just adding additional developers? Because I'm sure they have added a lot more developers, but I'm pretty sure that had more to do with Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo III, Starcraft II, etc than with WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I have a question now. How many more dungeons and raids have been added since the details of Legion were released nearly a year ago (August 6, 2015)? One more dungeon announced since that announcement (The Arcway)? Wasn't all the additional developers being added supposed to mean that many more dungeons and raids would be added?

In regards to having more developers, I haven't seen that official announcement myself. Did Blizzard explicitly say additional developers were being added to WoW, or that Blizzard was just adding additional developers? Because I'm sure they have added a lot more developers, but I'm pretty sure that had more to do with Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo III, Starcraft II, etc than with WoW...
    They said it was for the WoW Dev team. Also we shouldn't have too many raids/bosses/dungeons, because then you can just speed through the content much easier due to the increased gear drops that comes with more bosses.