Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    You come off as having some sort of gun ego, like you're the only one in existence who's handles a gun. For your information my dad was a cop. I've been instructed very clearly of what is capable with them.
    nope I don't buy it
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    No, I know how firearms work, that is the difference between you and I. Fire a blank? So now you have cops walking around with blanks to fire warning shots? Just imagine what criminals will do not that they know police are walking around with a blank chambered.

Here why dont you go sign up for the Police Academy and you can show everyone else how to be better cops. Since you think you have it all solved.
    Lol, you are so hung ho happy that you probably get to play with a gun it's gone to your head. News flash, you're not the only human on earth to operate a gun. You and your infinite knowledge about firearms is amazingly shared by millions. You're not special and don't have any sort of secret knowledge about guns or situations that give you authority to say shooting to kill was the only option. It's obvious there's an insecurity because any other attempt, just an attempt to think of a different outcome is shot down, no pun, or F it pun. That is a clear sign of insecurity. Instead of discussion, it's just a desperate attempt to make it seem like it was the only choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    nope I don't buy it
    I wasn't selling.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2016-07-14 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Police should not be judge, judy, and executioner.
    All cops should be judge judy.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Lol, you are so hung ho happy that you probably get to play with a gun it's gone to your head. News flash, you're not the only human on earth to operate a gun. You and your infinite knowledge about firearms is amazingly shared by millions. You're not special and don't have any sort of secret knowledge about guns or situations that give you authority to say shooting to kill was the only option. It's obvious there's an insecurity because any other attempt, just an attempt to think of a different outcome is shot down, no pun. Or F it pun. That is a clear sign of insecurity. Instead of discussion, it's just a desperate attempt to make it seem like it was the only choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't selling.
    His knowledge of guns may not be top secret, but he's got more of it than you. In that case listening to his knowledge (even if it isn't the best) is still better than reading your mental diarrhea about shooting people in limbs. Kindaly go away with that ridiculousness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, you are so hung ho happy that you probably get to play with a gun it's gone to your head. News flash, you're not the only human on earth to operate a gun. You and your infinite knowledge about firearms is amazingly shared by millions. You're not special and don't have any sort of secret knowledge about guns or situations that give you authority to say shooting to kill was the only option. It's obvious there's an insecurity because any other attempt, just an attempt to think of a different outcome is shot down, no pun. Or F it pun. That is a clear sign of insecurity. Instead of discussion, it's just a desperate attempt to make it seem like it was the only choice.
    No, you're literally just suggesting that people do dangerous things with guns. Safety is the opposite of what you're suggesting, you're just too ignorant to see it and stubborn to accept what others are telling you.

Just acknowledge that you actually have no firsthand knowledge of the subject matter and move on, or better yet just accept that you could learn something here. It could save you from the future embarrassment of suggesting things like shooting at limbs or firing warning shots if you get into a real world discussion with someone who actually knows about gun safety like, for instance, a police officer.

You're also, at this point, resorting to ad hominems in every post. That suggests that you know you've lost, since you can't formulate actual arguments anymore and have to resort to insults.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2016-07-14 at 05:50 PM.

Right and so I know that a warning shot can ricochet off a building or pavement and hit an innocent bystander. Every person who has fired a gun or been around them knows you dont fire warning shots. You will not find that as a policy in any Rules of Engagement in any Police Academy in any country. For you to suggest a warning shot shows you dont know this, which shows you dont know the capability of firearms. Which shows you have never operated a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Is this the part where everyone around the nation protests? I mean this guy didnt even have a criminal record AND didnt have a firearm.

Meanwhile Alton Sterling HAD AN ILLEGAL firearm yet thats an issue.

Also these people worried about the bullet coming down... You do realize its terminal velocity would maybe be enough to cause a slight "scrape", but nothing fatal right?
    This was last year, I remember this story as I live in Utah: http://fox13now.com/2015/07/29/grant...g-pioneer-day/
    ... was sitting in a friend's backyard on Christley Street when the bullet entered her neck, brushed past her aorta and parked itself in her left lung. ... Police say it appears the weapon used was an AR-15 style rifle. They say as many has six rounds may have been fired into the sky, possibly from as far as a half a mile away.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    His knowledge of guns may not be top secret, but he's got more of it than you. In that case listening to his knowledge (even if it isn't the best) is still better than reading your mental diarrhea about shooting people in limbs. Kindaly go away with that ridiculousness.
    Oh, an opinion doesn't agree with yours and they have to leave? Hmmm, classic really. You guys couldn't be blowing up your opinion worse.

What if the person was deaf, or had medical problems. Police should not be judge, judy, and executioner.
    I agree they should not be judge jury and executioner, a lot of the shootings being reportedly lately disturb me greatly. I don't know if this one could have been handled differently, but I can't judge the office harshly, they saw someone acting suspicious, they tried to, non-violently stop moving towards them an show their hands, there is only so much they can do in that situation where they have seconds to act.

I am curious, what would others recommend the police have done in this situation? I'm being sincere here, cause in hindsight it would be easy to say to just tackle the suspect or use a taser, but both of those could have ended poorly if the suspect actually had been armed and intended to use their weapon.

One person is suggesting the police shoot limbs or firing warning shots, both of those, sorry to say, are idiotic ideas and would pose an even greater threat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, an opinion doesn't agree with yours and they have to leave? Hmmm, classic really. You guys couldn't be blowing up your opinion worse.
    Maybe the reason that you think shooting at limbs is so easy is because you're so good at shooting yourself in the foot whenever you write something.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Alot of surprising posts in this thread.

Figured all the usual crowd would be saying "Police are evillllll" and what not.
    But the police are evil.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Right and so I know that a warning shot can ricochet off a building or pavement and hit an innocent bystander. Every person who has fired a gun or been around them knows you dont fire warning shots. You will not find that as a policy in any Rules of Engagement in any Police Academy in any country. For you to suggest a warning shot shows you dont know this, which shows you dont know the capability of firearms. Which shows you have never operated a firearm.
    Ah, bingo, and there it is. Regardless if a warning shot is safe or not, my point is people actually believe these policies are etched in stone within our reality. All your doing is regurgitating the very rules I'm saying need to be looked at. That's the problem with that thinking. It's stuck in a box, and obviously, so obviously not working anymore. All you're doing is saying police engagement says it's wrong, well guess what if anyone values life, they'll see police engagement needs to change, or get better.
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2016-07-14 at 05:59 PM.

If you are not from the USA then you cant really comment on how Police do their jobs from a few stories cherry picked from the media. I bet you didnt hear about the White Cop who was called because a black lady was caught shoplifting eggs. The cop arrived, bought her the eggs and then gave her some money so she can buy more food. Bet you didnt hear of the white cop who stopped and played catch with a black boy because he saw him tossing the ball alone on the side of the road. No..you dont hear of those stories and the hundreds of thousand/millions of others that go un reported because nothing happened.

hundreds of murders by cops every year and you defend them. its just crazy.. in my country this happens once or twice in a full fucking year

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suicide by cop or the invincibility complex that comes with that age group.

7+ Year Old Account
    But the police are evil.
    But only if its someone of color that gets shot or dies, and the facts will be hidden until the mass's have time to riot protest and file law suits for lots of $$$. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Maybe the reason that you think shooting at limbs is so easy is because you're so good at shooting yourself in the foot whenever you write something.
    You guys seriously sound like the worst shots ever. Is there a culture of this actually? "Hey guys, lets try and hit the center at the shooting range!". "F...that, try and just get in the facinity, that's good enough for any situation!". All this talk of gun "intelligence" and it sounds more wrong than I've ever heard.

Life is not like Call of Duty, my friend. You call it an opinion, but if you had any real experience firing a weapon, you would have a totally different outlook on what is and isnt a realistic expectation.

Should a cop wait until they are shot at before they return fire?
    You are correct guns are the only way to incapacitate/subdue a suspect.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys seriously sound like the worst shots ever. Is there a culture of this actually? "Hey guys, lets try and hit the center at the shooting range!". "F, that, try and just get in the facility that's good enough for any situation". All this talk of gun "intelligence" and it sounds more wrong than I've ever heard.
    You can't just shoot for limbs. It's not how Police are trained and it's dumb to expect police to do so.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    "Just shoot the limbs" is an idiotic statement made by people that know nothing about gun safety.

shooting potentially dangerous people in the limbs seem to work fine in non retarded countries. so I don`t know^^