Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Ah,bingo, and there it is. Regardless if a warning shot is safe or not, my point is people actually believe these policies are etched in stone within our reality. All your doing is regurgitating the very rules I'm saying need to be looked at. That's the problem with that thinking. It's stuck in a box, and obviously, so obviously not working anymore. All your doing is saying police engagement says it's wrong, well guess what if anyone values life, they'll see police engagement needs to change, or get better.
    The problem what you are suggesting isn't showing a value of life, at all.

You maybe right that police policies need to change, something probably does with all we've seen lately, but shooting limbs and firing warning shots are not the right changes.

People have died from others doing stupid things like firing guns in the air on New Year's day, just recently we had the story of the father that jumped after being burned by a shell and fired a shot that bounced back and killed his son.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Pointing a finger at someone means your hand is visible, and does not have a gun in it. Having one hand behind the back in the face of orders to do otherwise means having a gun behind your back is entirely possible and approaches likely in America.
    He had his hand behind his back, whipped it out like he was pulling a gun from his waistband and then was shot. It wasn't like he was pointing at him the whole time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks to be him. Too bad he couldn't have gotten help.

That being said if the guy had been black the responses on here would have been vastly difference.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Oh please he just keep his arm behind
    I`m prety sure that there is a ways to disarm possible thread w/o to need to shoot the person and there isnt 1 shoot only but several...These guys do not just remove potential threat they Murder a person
    And if the police cant shoot in limbs then they should learn to do it its not a that hard
    Oh please, he could have had his hand on a weapon. Do you know how fast these scenarios can turn around even when the suspect is complying to commands at first? It's why we don't have their perspective at all, because we are never put in those situations and we'll always avoid these situations. We're comfortable in our armchairs sitting quietly in front of a computer screen in a safe room dictating how we think others should be. These officers were there, they didn't shoot him for giggles, they shot him because he did not comply with their demands acting as law enforcement for the state, and because of that, he was deemed to be a threat. Turns out he was just being a little shit, hind sights a bitch. If he did have a weapon, he could have killed the officer if the officer gave him that kind of chance, but then we'd have a thread calling the cop an idiot. Again, it's easy to say when we're sitting in comfort and safety, wondering why the cops in real life don't act like the cops on TV.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by nacixems View Post
    But only if its someone of color that gets shot or dies, and the facts will be hidden until the mass's have time to riot protest and file law suits for lots of $$$. LOL
    Nope they are evil when they do things to anyone. Not just non-white people.

Lawful evil.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

You guys seriously sound like the worst shots ever. Is there a culture of this actually? "Hey guys, lets try and hit the center at the shooting range!". "F, that, try and just get in the facinity, that's good enough for any situation!". All this talk of gun "intelligence" and it sounds more wrong than I've ever heard.
    Shooting "center at a shooting range" while you have time to aim, practice your breathing, the target is stationary and there is no threat to your life is vastly different then shooting at a person who is moving and aiming for a limb that is moving. Ignoring the fact that hitting someone in the leg does not disable them from firing back at you with their firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Idiot ignored police and is dead ... police did their job
    Won't hear a peep about this guy though because he was white and therefore not a free ratings boost for news companies.

This is exactly what happened in the two most recent shootings before the Dallas Police shooting. Non compliant people were shot and killed, and both of them were armed though. The cries of "Oh they were so innocent" though still rang out through the community. Where are those people now that this white kid was shot and unarmed? Oh that's right, nowhere, because it doesn't fuel their "cops are racist and shooting innocents" agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Meanwhile the ruling party of Germany committed mass genocide. Meanwhile the ruling party of the United States didnt.

You people need to stop comparing countries police forces. We dont have your laws. We dont have your training. We dont have your socioeconomic issues.

Dont put your statistics on us. There are incomparable. Does germany have as much national diversity as the US? Does germany have as much criminal activity as the US. The us population is 318.9 million. Gemany was 69.1 in 1952 and is 80 million now. How are you even comparing these numbers? Oh right because it fits ur narrative.
    US exceptionalism, right?

Oh, an opinion doesn't agree with yours and they have to leave? Hmmm, classic really. You guys couldn't be blowing up your opinion worse.
    His gun knowledge demonstrated in his posts is a fact dude. If you don't know that he is right that you can't possibly hope to hit a limb in a panic situation then you are literally being ignorant for the sake of being argumentative. I have more guns than some small police offices and shoot/reload my own rounds. Hell I even build my own guns. I don't know one person (other than folks like yourself that clearly have no gun knowledge) that would EVER make a claim like you do with this "shoot them in the hand" b/s.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What do you think, suicide by police?

Does it bother you he was unarmed?
    You only know this AFTER the fact. You should not judge them for what they did in the heat of the moment. I mean you can, but it's from an uneducated viewpoint, so it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Also these people worried about the bullet coming down... You do realize its terminal velocity would maybe be enough to cause a slight "scrape", but nothing fatal right?
    Unless you fire it straight enough up, the bullet will retain it's ballistic trajectory, and will be extremely lethal when it comes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Two to the chest, one to the head. Don't these cops know anything?

At least they both double tapped.
    I doubt they practice failure to stop drills consistently. Most departments don’t.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    The problem what you are suggesting isn't showing a value of life, at all.

You maybe right that police policies need to change, something probably does with all we've seen lately, but shooting limbs and firing warning shots are not the right changes.

People have died from others doing stupid things like firing guns in the air on New Year's day, just recently we had the story of the father that jumped after being burned by a shell and fired a shot that bounced back and killed his son.
    Ok, but common now man, you think I want something that can possibly hurt somebody else when I'm upset about the kid losing his life? I'm advocating to think, let's use our freaking brains and find something. Something better than "he didn't listen, kill him". It's just not how things work. Kid has a gun in his hand, I'm sure this isn't even a discussion, but he basically committed suicide to a couple of cops who should have been trained to achieve something better from that situation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d0e1ow View Post
    The police are fucking scary. This guy fucked up for sure, but is our country really to the point where "not complying" = death when it comes to the cops? Are they cops or a military attache in the middle of a warzone? Are they police and us citizens, or do we become fucking hostages the minute they "detain" us?

Fuck that. I always tell my husband, "You get stopped by a cop: you don't speak, you don't argue, you don't bargain. You just sit down, shut up, do what they tell you. They own you until they decide to let you go."

Someone in the thread said in America the odds of the person having a gun are sky high, hence the trigger happy police... I agree. Yet nutballs will still argue that we need MORE GUNS out on the streets and in everyone's hands.

Do you think this man would have been shot dead in England or France? I bet not. He'd be in a mental hospital getting help, not on the morgue's table being prepared for an early grave.

People will keep on defending guns and acting like having an armed populace "makes us safe." It doesn't do shit. It just kills us and makes our police on edge 24/7.
    It isn't a simple matter of noncompliance. It's not like he was refusing to show id, and it's intellectually dishonest for you to imply this was harmless disobedience.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    You are correct guns are the only way to incapacitate/subdue a suspect.
    Thats not what I asked. If someone who you think could be armed and they have a hand behind their back and they are walking toward you ignoring your commands, do you wait until he brings his arm out front and fires at you before you return fire? At what point is it ok to fire on a subject who is a threat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    This was last year, I remember this story as I live in Utah: http://fox13now.com/2015/07/29/grant...g-pioneer-day/
    a half mile away means it wasn't fired even remotely close to straight up, thus the bullet never lost all its speed and returned to the ground, it likely traveled in a large arc.

Should have complied, BUT, on the other hand, if only the police were, I dunno, armed with something BESIDES their gun. Something that's, maybe non-lethal.

I wonder if police try to use their phillips head screwdriver for everything as well. Sockets/flat heads/allen wrenches.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    You only know this AFTER the fact. You should not judge them for what they did in the heat of the moment. I mean you can, but it's from an uneducated viewpoint, so it really doesn't matter.
    Being ignorant is not an excuse to kill.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

imagine you shooting someone and hitting him seeing blood appear from his or her shirt and falling over on the ground and then shooting some more into him or her , its an incredible power trip to kill someone
    its understandable from a cops point of view , the gun is pure power
    and you will kill anyone who doesnt follow what you have been trained to do , GIVE commands and they need to be obeyed , OR ELSE
    even the thought that someone else carries a gun is a life threatening thing for sure who carries it nobody knows until you found that suspect but until then everybody
    is RED flagged as an target just like pvp and we dont got the time to identify what someone is carrying/ holding in his hand , now the automatic response goes in
    after a few warnings we will kill and kill we shall
    so yeh i agree with the cops , killing is fun and an adrenaline rush for sure
    innocent or not who cares .. right ?

You guys seriously sound like the worst shots ever. Is there a culture of this actually? "Hey guys, lets try and hit the center at the shooting range!". "F...that, try and just get in the facinity, that's good enough for any situation!". All this talk of gun "intelligence" and it sounds more wrong than I've ever heard.
    Any amount of money I'm a better shot than anyone who "trained" you in guns because your ass is showing in this subject. Hell, I wouldn't make that claim even if I was a competition shooter. You obviously have not looked up cleaning round either. Once again, your opinion is moot because you have ZERO idea about ballistics, gun control, and panic situations.