Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Unless you fire it straight enough up, the bullet will retain it's ballistic trajectory, and will be extremely lethal when it comes down.
    Sure... But who the fuck fires a warning shot at, lets say for arguments sake, a 45 degree angle.

When I think of a warning shot its 90 degree's straight up in the air ( think of a starter pistol for a horse race. )

It's a good way to get yourself killed that's for sure but the cops did nothing wrong. There is alot of religous people who don't want to commit suicide with it being a sin and all, so having someone else kill you is better.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Thats not what I asked. If someone who you think could be armed and they have a hand behind their back and they are walking toward you ignoring your commands, do you wait until he brings his arm out front and fires at you before you return fire? At what point is it ok to fire on a subject who is a threat?
    Once again guns are the only tool police have at their disposal. It's the only spot on their belt. Every situation is handled with a gun.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Ok, but common now man, you think I want something that can possibly hurt somebody else when I'm upset about the kid losing his life? I'm advocating to think, let's use our freaking brains and find something. Something better than "he didn't listen, kill him". It's just not how things work. Kid has a gun in his hand, I'm sure this isn't even a discussion, but he basically committed suicide to a couple of cops who should have been trained to achieve something better from that situation.
    I am upset as well. However cops can not read minds, they cant pause time and determine if what the person has is a wallet, toy gun or real gun. Put yourself in the cops shoes, do you wait until pulls his arm out aims and then fires at you to determine threat before you return fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    a half mile away means it wasn't fired even remotely close to straight up, thus the bullet never lost all its speed and returned to the ground, it likely traveled in a large arc.
    May be true, but to enter from the neck and end up in the lung is quite the angle.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Once again guns are the only tool police have at their disposal. It's the only spot on their belt. Every situation is handled with a gun.
    No, but as a cop will you walk up to a suspect with your pepper spray in hand when you have a reason to believe he is armed?

I am upset as well. However cops can not read minds, they cant pause time and determine if what the person has is a wallet, toy gun or real gun. Put yourself in the cops shoes, do you wait until pulls his arm out aims and then fires at you to determine threat before you return fire?
    I have already, and in this case I know if I was a cop this kid would still be alive. Yea, it's only possible when people actually believe it is, and I do. I can't say exactly how, but I'd do it. That's part of the problem today too it seems. Not just bad protocol, but cops who can't handle being cops. It's one of the toughest jobs, and it's not just a paycheck. It's a huge responsibility to its citizens.

Always kill everyone cus you don't know what they are up too. Good job police.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    May be true, but to enter from the neck and end up in the lung is quite the angle.
    Not if it is coming in a downward angle, and hits bone, muscle and cartilage.

No, but as a cop will you walk up to a suspect with your pepper spray in hand when you have a reason to believe he is armed?
    Do you not understand that tazers and other long range non lethal weapons exist?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Why isn't the media saying this death was unjustified? Oh wait, he's not black.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Sure, but we're also talking about impacts altering the movement of the bullet. It doesnt just keep travelling in a straight line once it enters the body :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    a half mile away means it wasn't fired even remotely close to straight up, thus the bullet never lost all its speed and returned to the ground, it likely traveled in a large arc.
    Half a mile means that it was probably very close to 90 degree angle. Had it been less, it would have traveled many times that distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Excessive force? Probably, but what dumb ass walks up to police when told not to, with both hands or one of them concealed. That is like, Darwinism at its finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Won't hear a peep about this guy though because he was white and therefore not a free ratings boost for news companies.

This is exactly what happened in the two most recent shootings before the Dallas Police shooting.
    Don't make shit up.
    That doesn't help a thing.

First of all, the media does report this case, else we wouldn't fucking discuss it.
    It's an AP article. AP, one of the Worlds two largest News providers, next to Reuters.
    What else you want? The articles from NBC, WP, USA Today, LA Times, etc etc etc?

Secondly this is not what happened in the two recent shootings of Castile and Sterling.
    In one case the suspect was already under control.
    In the other case there is no visual evidence showing us how the suspect did not follow orders.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by d0e1ow View Post
    The police are fucking scary. This guy fucked up for sure, but is our country really to the point where "not complying" = death when it comes to the cops? Are they cops or a military attache in the middle of a warzone? Are they police and us citizens, or do we become fucking hostages the minute they "detain" us?

Fuck that. I always tell my husband, "You get stopped by a cop: you don't speak, you don't argue, you don't bargain. You just sit down, shut up, do what they tell you. They own you until they decide to let you go."

Someone in the thread said in America the odds of the person having a gun are sky high, hence the trigger happy police... I agree. Yet nutballs will still argue that we need MORE GUNS out on the streets and in everyone's hands.

Do you think this man would have been shot dead in England or France? I bet not. He'd be in a mental hospital getting help, not on the morgue's table being prepared for an early grave.

People will keep on defending guns and acting like having an armed populace "makes us safe." It doesn't do shit. It just kills us and makes our police on edge 24/7.
    The sad part is often it's people like this kid that need help that end up dying at the hands of the police. I haven't watched the video but it would've been nice if a Taser was chosen instead of four rounds. RIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Half a mile means that it was probably very close to 90 degree angle. Had it been less, it would have traveled many times that distance.
    you're not taking into account a ton of factors... Type of round, wind conditions, elevation, air pressure, etc. We'll never know. Odds are if it was shot straight into the air, or even remotely close to that, it causes zero harm.

we're both also forgetting " They say as many has six rounds may have been fired into the sky, possibly from as far as a half a mile away. "

Key words possibly. They have no clue. They're just guessing.

Either way, irrelevant to OP, lets move on.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2016-07-14 at 06:16 PM.

This retard dying is what sparked the protests that made me go home early from Pokemon catching because BLM protesters were marching through my town over this very white man's death and were starting fights and throwing shit.
    Fun fact, his family is also SUPER racist and went on a social media tirade about how no one cared about Dylan's death, and there was a confederate flag in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I have already, and in this case I know if I was a cop this kid would still be alive. Yea, it's only possible when people actually believe it is, and I do. I can't say exactly how, but I'd do it. That's part of the problem today too it seems. Not just bad protocol, but cops who can't handle being cops. It's one of the toughest jobs, and it's not just a paycheck. It's a huge responsibility to its citizens.
    Then why dont you file your paper work and join the Academy? You seem to know the job better then those who are doing it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Always kill everyone cus you don't know what they are up too. Good job police.
    No where did I say that.

Deleted
    Wow... US Police *sucks* (or at least, these officers do)

after seing the video, the first 2 shots might've been reasonable, everything after that was basically execution for no fucking reason. Are they not allowed to touch criminals or something, so they have to shoot everyone?

After they shot him, they actually *could* see both hands and they were empty. They could've easily taken 1-2 steps forward and prevent him from doing whatever he might've been able to do.. even pressing a detonator or something like that (if they were afraid of bombs, they wouldn't be that close anyway)

Maybe he tried to get killed, doesn't really matter... it's not like the police has to kill anyone who "tries".

This is similiar to killing a robber after you've already been able to knock him out and call the police. You'd land in jail...I can only hope that this is the case in the US too.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-14 at 06:28 PM.