Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    A pocket Mercy on Pharah isn't strong? A pocket Mercy on S76, Junkrat... Shall I continue
    Lets not make out like the only hero to benefit from a damage boost is McCree.
    Err have I? Of course the damage boost benefits other heroes too, but this thread is about Mccree. So far though the most popular on the PTR remains Mccree for the dmg boost target. That's just my experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    Err have I? Of course the damage boost benefits other heroes too, but this thread is about Mccree. So far though the most popular on the PTR remains Mccree for the dmg boost target. That's just my experience.
    Well the other heroes mentioned didnt get changes so obviously people are eager to test the dmg boost on mc cree!
    I for one am very happy with mc crees change! Hes my favorite assault character with soldier following shortly after and I did not like the melee way he played before! I much preffer him with left click being his main dmg source and grenade being a counter flank mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    His right click 'fan the hammer' went from 70 dmg to 45, because he was totaling tanks by stunning, fan, roll, fan and dead before the stun wore off.
    please, just... dont exaggerate, if you want to make a point. emptying ONE clip with fan is 1 whole second, stun lasts 0.7s, stun fan roll fan was easily over 2 seconds of time, of which atleast 1.3s tank had time to react. any tank, that was being solo killed by old mcree again and again by this combo was absolutely terrible, the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    A pocket Mercy on Pharah isn't strong? A pocket Mercy on S76, Junkrat... Shall I continue
    Lets not make out like the only hero to benefit from a damage boost is McCree.
    You can dodge mercy rockets, 76 requires a few more bullets/time to kil you and Junkrat is a midrange fighter, McCree can kill with a single bullet all the way across the battlefield when buffed, hence why McCree is the shooter of choice. Even Widowmaker isn't safe from a 1 shot from McCree when she hangs out in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Roadhog does more damage than McCree now and has 3X more HP and a self heal...
    They say on PTR that Ana shuts down Rhog by shutting off his self heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    please, just... dont exaggerate, if you want to make a point. emptying ONE clip with fan is 1 whole second, stun lasts 0.7s, stun fan roll fan was easily over 2 seconds of time, of which atleast 1.3s tank had time to react. any tank, that was being solo killed by old mcree again and again by this combo was absolutely terrible, the end.
    Yes because all tanks have the ability to instantly get out of range of McCree, and nobody ever flanked, fanned, stunned, rolled, fanned. And Blizzard totally did not say the reason for the nerf was because they didn't want him chewing up tanks like he was... oh wait...
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2016-07-14 at 11:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You can dodge mercy rockets, 76 requires a few more bullets/time to kil you and Junkrat is a midrange fighter, McCree can kill with a single bullet all the way across the battlefield when buffed, hence why McCree is the shooter of choice. Even Widowmaker isn't safe from a 1 shot from McCree when she hangs out in the back.

- - - Updated - - -

They say on PTR that Ana shuts down Rhog by shutting off his self heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because all tanks have the ability to instantly get out of range of McCree, and nobody ever flanked, fanned, stunned, rolled, fanned. And Blizzard totally did not say the reason for the nerf was because they didn't want him chewing up tanks like he was... oh wait...
    In my experience in mid/long range an accurate soldier on live kills faster than a mc cree. They should be around the same now with what I ve seen on the ptr with Mc Cree having the potential of a more instant kill at the expense of his shitty mobility and no healing of course. Seems pretty fair to me that the assault with the least mobility should do a little better damage (that now requires skill).

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Right now, his normal fire does a ridiculous amount of damage. Anyone with good aim can two shot people fairly easily from long range.
    Which can be said for nearly all OW characters. Maybe not 2 shots, but almost anyone can kill anyone else in this timeframe. Mercy, mechless D'VA, Tornbjorn - they can kill a still target in the same time as McCree. He is just better because the rest of his toolkit is build around actually doing that.

He's not too strong, he's pretty underpowered compared to some other characters. In midrange combat Soldier is way better, up close Reaper is. His ultimate is very difficult to pull of against semi-skilled players, mist of the time it's just a zoning ability that kills maybe 1 sucker. Next patch is supposed to make him capable of actually fighting at mid and long range by reducing his damage offset, that might help.

Deleted
    Apperantly Mercy boost is going back to 30% which should bring Mccree out of the world destroyer zone while boosted. Not boosted Mccree is more than fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo1444 View Post
    Apperantly Mercy boost is going back to 30% which should bring Mccree out of the world destroyer zone while boosted. Not boosted Mccree is more than fine.
    Did they say that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Slight nerf to the speed he gets ult charge
    but he now gets ulti from healing himself which kinda balances it out
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    Did they say that?
    According to this it was said yesterday on the livestream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

Zen has one of the strongest skillsets in the game on live, they fixed his survivability issue without nerfing anything to compensate for that, which makes him a "must have" pick.

His Discord Orb is pretty OP after all and his heal was very reliable too. I mean, he's basically a damage-boost mercy for every single member of the team, himself included.
    Firstly forgive my bias towards Zenyatta as he is my favorite character.

His “niche” is DiscOrbing the high threat targets depending on the current situation and, more importantly, positioning. Positioning is key. His PTR state rewards this immensely now; a little too much if I’m honest. I’ve gotten so used to being aware of my survival on live as squishy Zen, that when I played him on PTR, I was wrecking face – I had decent team mates which is also pretty essential I guess.

A good Tracer/Genji/Reaper is still melts you; however you if you are skilled enough you actually have a chance now rather than getting instagibbed.

Personally, I would’ve been happy with a flat movement speed boost, or a small sprint (built into the healing/disc orb for example;every time you cast it you move x% faster for Xseconds) and the HP/shield buff.

I feel they have perhaps slightly overbuffed?(IMO) I just fear what they may sacrifice in order to re-adjust him again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post

His “niche” is DiscOrbing the high threat targets depending on the current situation and, more importantly, positioning. Positioning is key. His PTR state rewards this immensely now; a little too much if I’m honest. I’ve gotten so used to being aware of my survival on live as squishy Zen, that when I played him on PTR, I was wrecking face – I had decent team mates which is also pretty essential I guess.

A good Tracer/Genji/Reaper is still melts you; however you if you are skilled enough you actually have a chance now rather than getting instagibbed.

Personally, I would’ve been happy with a flat movement speed boost, or a small sprint (built into the healing/disc orb for example;every time you cast it you move x% faster for Xseconds) and the HP/shield buff.

I feel they have perhaps slightly overbuffed?(IMO) I just fear what they may sacrifice in order to re-adjust him again.
    they could tune down his damage and that of Discord without much of a problem imho.
    His own damage *is* too high imho. He can barely be considered Support since his damage is as high as/or at least comparable to pre-PTR Mccree (45 damage, no damage fall off, 3 RPS - Mccree is 35-70, 2 RPS.)

His Orb is 50% if I'm not mistaken, 30% would be fine too imho.

His primary fire is slow as hell...

and with the new hitboxes for projectiles, it will be alot harder to hit with his attack on moving targets

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    His primary fire is slow as hell...
    Much faster than Lucio's, and slow as hell is Symmetra-level.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-14 at 04:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard Illuminati View Post
    Right now, his normal fire does a ridiculous amount of damage. Anyone with good aim can two shot people fairly easily from long range.
    Yes, every character in Overwatch is amazing when you have good aim.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Much faster than Lucio's, and slow as hell is Symmetra-level.
    Lucio's in bursts, and symmetra's orbs can be spammed on corners plus her primary attack beam is one of the most damaging weapons on full charge.

Deleted
    .... So? I don't see your point.

Lucio's burst is 25% faster than Zens normal left click spam... but Zen doesn't have a delay between bursts, a faster projectile and twice as much damage per projectile.

Symmetras leftclick has very short range, so short that Zens orb pretty much hit 80-100% of the time too depending on what target he faces and his DPS is higher than lvl3-charge Symmetra's too. (100% body shots, not even talking about headshots)
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-07-14 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post

While they could have buffed him in some other form like you meantion a speed boost or whatever mobility perk, I still don't understand while now Zenyatta dmg has become a problem. His dmg was in fact untouched, the only difference you could point out is the travel time of Discord Orb which can allow you one extra shot. It's still not guaranteed cuz left click projectile have the same travel speed as before.

I honestly don't think he got overbuffed, Genjis and Tracers can flank you all day long if they know what to do. He is supposed to fill the offensive support to maw down tanks and now he can stand the ground to do it without too much babysitting. Also keep in mind that if competitive meta will turn to be tank heavy, the dual Reaper setup is gone and you will need Zenyatta to fill one seat.

All that said I think we went a bit offtopic since the thread should be about Mccree?
    Speaking of which I found Mccree very effective in getting the rid of D.Va from distance now, or forcing her to burst the DM a lot more. Still have to try it out more consistently vs Pharahs. Anyone managed to check out if it is more effective than 76?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Lucio's in bursts, and symmetra's orbs can be spammed on corners plus her primary attack beam is one of the most damaging weapons on full charge.
    And yet they are not saying you have to save a slot for Lucio because you have a huge damage drop off if you don't, like they are with Zen on PTR. His right click hits hard, travels instantly, continues to chuck out balls at a fast rate, and can maintain firing rate for 20 shots before reloading, and you can get down to 1 ball and then charge up 5 shots without reloading for the extra 4. So essentially you can fire 24 shots before you reload. Lucio fires 3 shots with a long pause between shots, fires a few times and has to reload. He isn't designed to do anything but pepper out some damage very accurately.

As for McCree and Diva, D.va is 25% headshot space, but that defense matrix can be used repeatedly so long as you have resources to fuel it. If she runs out of D-Matrix, she dies to a McCree getting easy headshots.