Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    It's always cute when people talk about left and right in American politics

10+ Year Old Account
    And I give a shit what the Republicans think because....?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What they really mean is far right, and slightly less far right.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2016
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Standard modus operandi for the GOP since the Religious Right joined forces with fiscal conservatives, doubly so since the Tea Party hijacked the Republican Party. Move toward the right at breakneck speeds and become a shining example of authoritarian-conservative politics with a strong theocratic and oligarchic bent, then accuse the less-extreme party of being "radical left-wing" despite being center-right on nearly every issue through any lens but that of a right-wing extremist point of view.

Why is anyone surprised that the GOP is continuing to do what it's been doing the past twenty to thirty years? Trying to paint the Democrats as "far left" when they've only recently (within the last two elections recent) begun taking steps away from center-right is smoke and mirrors. It's misdirection to cover up how rapidly and how far the GOP has been moving toward the right since being hijacked by Bible-thumping reactionaries.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Speaking of Regan

Painful to watch.

Ryan's not wrong, I would consider myself someone who used to be a Democrat but now identifies much more as a Libertarian because the Democratic party has moved too far left. My first vote was for Clinton in 1996 after he declared "the era of big government is over", spending was tight, down under 20% of GDP, the budget was balanced, that was what a democrat was to me without the religious right.

Now though, the Dems have moved much further from that economically and they have lost me as one. Now if there were a resurgence of many of those economically conservative Dems, they'd have be back as a proud Dem. As someone who is socially liberal and economically conservative, I have to make a choice now on which side I'm voting against my self interests on. And the economic interests always wins for me.

But the Dems moving further left economically, the Republicans digging their heels in at their social retardation, it helps making Libertarianism much more mainstream though, so I guess there is some good coming out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    And it's cute when EU talks about American politics, it's almost as if we care.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    BWahahahahahaha there is no way in hell anyone who was a conservative of any flavor would vote for Clinton just because. If you really expect people to believe that fable then more power to you, or your a paid Clinton astroturfer
    Politics are not as black and white as you seem to think they are.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    And it's cute when EU talks about American politics, it's almost as if we care.
    Your indifference hurts me deeply.

7+ Year Old Account
    Your indifference hurts me deeply.
    Hate us cause you ain't us.

If anything democrats have moved way to much to the right. If he things they are to far to the left well he obviously have no clue on anything

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Politics are not as black and white as you seem to think they are.
    For many it is. I have never in all my years met a conservative that would ever willingly vote for the likes of Hillary Clinton, especially if they were a Regan Republican. And I have been following politics for 34 years. Clintons stance on the 2a alone would keep a real conservative away
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Hate us cause you ain't us.
    Damn how can I reply to that! Checkmate bro!

They have moved far to the left from the party of Kennedy, and even the party of Bill Clinton.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    LOL...."free"
    I really enjoy how it's considered "The developed world" to want "free' anything.

(Spoilers for liberals watching: It's never "free".)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    For many it is. I have never in all my years met a conservative that would ever willingly vote for the likes of Hillary Clinton, especially if they were a Regan Republican. And I have been following politics for 34 years. Clintons stance on the 2a alone would keep a real conservative away
    Amusingly other conservatives say that a conservative would never support Trump. I sure hope that conservative isn't defined as believing as you do.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

I really enjoy how it's considered "The developed world" to want "free' anything.

(Spoilers for liberals watching: It's never "free".)
    Spoilers for the economically uneducated: while "Free" is technically a misnomer you can stop thinking yourself being clever for pointing this out when your ideology stop treating all taxes as evil or theft or cutting them as the magical economical antibiotic that fixes all problems.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    LOL...."free"
    For the poor, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    They have moved far to the left from the party of Kennedy, and even the party of Bill Clinton.
    Largely because neither of those individuals were particularly left wing.

The Democratic Party hasn't moved significantly to the left on any issue in decades. Bill Clinton's "Third Way" politics, the idea of a synthesis between liberalism and conservatism, is mainstream Democrat ideology, exemplified by Obama, Hillary et al.

However, it's in both parties' interest to paint Democrats as the party of leftists. Republicans use it to yell at Dems about being super-ideological nutters. while at the same time establishing Democrat milquetoast centrism as the furthest left thing in public discourse. Democrats use it to expand their voter umbrella and do the same thing with establishing their policies as "real leftism" so that leftists will be happy with corporate giveaway trash like the ACA.