Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    wtf is wrong with you people?
    here in the uk if someone runs from the police or ignores an officer, then the worst that is likely to happen is that person is going to be tasered.
    do blacks, whites, hispanics, muslim, etc, etc, lives mean so little to you people?
    youre a disgrace to humanity.
    If a cop asks me for my fucking hands and I start walking toward him with a hand behind my fucking back - I GUARANTEE that I would be shot, regardless of how HELPLESS I look as a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What about the fact that the current gun safety measures are already reducing the number of accidental deaths caused by police officers in the US from what they'd be if they were shooting at limbs, firing warning shots, or just shooting indiscriminately? Consider that the current number is statistically low, and it's low because of those measures.
    What I would like to see is a federal guideline as to what police training must be nationwide.
    While the states can apply some of their own structures on an as needed basis. But the framework should be set by the lawmakers.
    I mean, the success of other countries is not that they're vastly different. That would be a nonsense. That would imply that Americans are generally more primitive, that they're a society of savages. Which they are not. Absolutely not.
    The success of other countries is based on much better training.
    You get a better cop when you train them 2 or 3 years instead of 12 weeks or 8 month.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Bet you money this won't even make the 2AM news, because YOU KNOW.. RACISM, and that nobody will give a shit anyone white died

GG, doublestandards, and you know.. HE DIDN'T FUCKING LISTEN TO THE POLICE
    it
    has
    already
    been
    in
    the
    news.

BLM marched for it already through two towns a week ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    it
    has
    already
    been
    in
    the
    news.

BLM marched for it already through two towns a week ago
    Well I dun fucked up then - Because I haven't seen SHIT on ANY news outlet. ANYWHERE

Remember when all the liberals were cheering Levoy Finnicum getting shot because he had a gun in his pocket? How they said it was acceptable for the police to open fire on the vehicle because it was a "threat". Funny how that changes
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Because all people every were in the world all act the same way right? People like you who think you can legislate away a massive cultural problem are a disgrace to humanity. See what I did there?
    yes, you made yourself look a cunt.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-14 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I dun fucked up then - Because I haven't seen SHIT on ANY news outlet. ANYWHERE
    You are in a thread that debates it based on an article from the Worlds leading News agency...
    There are articles of all kinds of sources, from NBC, LA Times, USA Today, Washington Post, etc. etc.

Rule of thumb:
    IF the media ignores it, you cannot link it.

It's on CNN, just not the front page. It's pretty old news already, but with the video coming out it's starting to pop up again on places like ABC.
    Also I just got around to the video, this is pretty cut and dry suicide by cop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What I would like to see is a federal guideline as to what police training must be nationwide.
    While the states can apply some of their own structures on an as needed basis. But the framework should be set by the lawmakers.
    I mean, the success of other countries is not that they're vastly different. That would be a nonsense. That would imply that Americans are generally more primitive, that they're a society of savages. Which they are not. Absolutely not.
    The success of other countries is based on much better training.
    You get a better cop when you train them 2 or 3 years instead of 12 weeks or 8 month.
    I agree that police officers should have longer training periods than they do in the US, absolutely. I also think that the success of other countries is also because they aren't steeped in gun culture like the US is, where police officers pretty much have to assume that whoever they're dealing with has a gun on them. Once people are said or expected to be carrying guns the response escalates very quickly because it only takes a second or two for people to start dying.

Like I said before, the problem isn't with the police force. It is inherent to the culture of the US and it won't change until such a time that people can be expected to not be armed with a gun when police are called to deal with them. As it stands now, US police pretty much have to assume anyone they deal with is carrying.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You are in a thread that debates it based on an article from the Worlds leading News agency...
    There are articles of all kinds of sources, from NBC, LA Times, USA Today, Washington Post, etc. etc.

Rule of thumb:
    IF the media ignores it, you cannot link it.
    I'm not doubting the media is showing this on an INTERNET based form, but I have NOT seen this ANYWHERE on any single news media on TV anywhere. I guess I need to start combing mmo-c.com for news articles about white people dying?

The fact stands: This shit isn't on any major tv media anywhere. It was posted low key on fucking YAHOO?? who the fuck goes to yahoo news..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Remember when all the liberals were cheering Levoy Finnicum getting shot because he had a gun in his pocket? How they said it was acceptable for the police to open fire on the vehicle because it was a "threat". Funny how that changes
    Why is this a fucking question of liberals vs whoeverthefuck?
    Stop acting like an idiot mouthpiece.
    Police actions and gun safety isn't a left vs right issue.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-07-14 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    If you find this let me know. I'm curious.
    I'm talking about one of those two guys that where shot the other day that sparked the BLM violence and that attack on the Police officers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not doubting the media is showing this on an INTERNET based form, but I have NOT seen this ANYWHERE on any single news media on TV anywhere. I guess I need to start combing mmo-c.com for news articles about white people dying?

The fact stands: This shit isn't on any major tv media anywhere. It was posted low key on fucking YAHOO?? who the fuck goes to yahoo news..
    Yahoo News is a news aggregate. The article is from AP (Associated Press).
    I've seen it on TV too btw.
    There's a TV network link
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...police-n609401

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...police-n609401
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/14/us/fre...deo/index.html
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...apes/87067968/

I don't know what to tell you my dude, this has been widely reported.
    What's going to be interesting is how quickly it disappears now that its a suicide by cop. This whole case caught on when we got a partial mobile phone video of him being shot already on the ground, it didn't have any of this beginning part.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    What do you think, suicide by police?

Does it bother you he was unarmed?
    i saw the video, the dude wanted to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    I'm talking about one of those two guys that where shot the other day that sparked the BLM violence and that attack on the Police officers.
    Yeah but you said innocent or hands up no? Neither one in either case were that. I grant you there is some suspicion about the way the situations went down, but they are nothing like 100% guilty police shooting videos (which are actually rare) and not necessarily the one in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    yes, you made yourself look a cunt.
    Your medicine sir. How did it taste?

Old response, but no - if this was a black man I'd be saying the same thing. Not everyone is unobjective about the difficult job that police do and the right they have to make it home to their families. In the case of some (not all) of the publicized police shootings, though, you don't have a situation that is nearly as cut and dried as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Recard View Post
    I like the people who are crying Suicide by police, but if this was a black man you would all be crying in outrage that the cop was in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    i saw the video, the dude wanted to die.
    The cops were even pleading with him to not reach under his shirt again.
    "Don't do it man, if you reach under your shirt you're going to get shot again."

In 2011, over 62.9 million U.S. residents age 16 or older, or 26% of the population, had one or more contacts with police during the prior 12 months (figure 1). For about half (49%) of persons experiencing contact with police, the most recent contact was involuntary or police-initiated. In 2011, 86% of persons involved in traffic stops during their most recent contact with police and 66% of persons involved in street stops (i.e., stopped in public but not in a moving vehicle) believed that the police both behaved properly and treated them with respect during the contact. A greater percentage of persons involved in street stops (25%) than those pulled over in traffic stops (10%) believed the police had not behaved properly. Regardless of the reason for the stop, less than 5% of persons who believed the police had not behaved properly filed a complaint.
    http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/pbtss11.pdf

Put aside all that information and lets focus on the total number of Police vs Public encounters. 62 million, and how many of those 62 million resulted in deaths? A few hundred? What is percentage on that?

I am not flaming...
    You considered 900+ people as irrelevant.
    Guess what, even ONE person is not irrelevant.
    It's like the pro-choice/pro-life movements. One group believing a fetus shouldn't be counted as irrelevant, while the other doesn't think it matters. I won't open that can of worms, though.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__