Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Nah, they'd rather just wait until another criminal gets shot and use it as an excuse to go looting for everything they need. Far easier than actually working.
    Posts like yours are the reason why no discussion is happening, you just supply the agenda of people that want to silence this discussion with easy ammunition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    This is the kind of progressive nonsense that keeps fueling the problem.

BLM should be protesting gang violence on the same level that they are protesting police brutality. They would get a lot more respect if they did.
    So you're admitting that it isn't actually about which issues are 'legitimate' and more to do with what you find a more tasteful venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I hope you're not suggesting it shouldn't be. It's absolutely routine to close extra threads to keep the discussion concentrated.
    That's what I'm saying.
    If there is an already opened topic on a specific topic, every conversations regarding it should be funneled towards it.

I remember one of these being locked and assumed it had been on the Race-topic motive alone; Wasn't aware of the original one - Thus, thanked for the correction.

Please close this. I'm so tired of the Blacklivesmatter BS! They're just racist fools that only care about themselves. no more blabbering about those cunts kk?

it always bothered me, why they call the muricans "white people" they are not white

^ this is white

muricans are at much a variation of the color yellow

or pink

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    So you're admitting that it isn't actually about which issues are 'legitimate' and more to do with what you find a more tasteful venture.
    Which issue causes more deaths in America? That is the measuring stick I use when deciding on a issues "legitimacy". I don't even know what point you are trying too make.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    What a racist comment. I'm frankly flabbergasted this coming from Didactic.
    I've lived in almost every region of the US....and even I liked living in the South the least. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Please close this. I'm so tired of the Blacklivesmatter BS! They're just racist fools that only care about themselves.
    Which is precisely why the response to it was a whole lot of white people going 'how can I make it about me'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Take some of that energy and protest against known gang members and drug dealers fucking up neighborhoods to the point increased police presence is neccesary.
    There are protests and rallies alllllll the fucking time concerning black on black violence across the whole country, focused on drugs and gangs... just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they don't exist, perhaps stop being ignorant and educate yourself concerning whether there are any protest concerning black on black crime, before commenting and saying shit like this.

Oh look statistics with bias. How many white people are in America, how many black people are in America?

Now consider those percentages of death against each other.

Congratulations, you've now discovered the article is bias'd and doesn't actually account for real statistics. Good job, using faulty statistics to validate your point (which is actually weakened by this)
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Shhh, you stop with that common sense.

- - - Updated - - -

pins and needles son, pins and needles
    there are plenty of black on black crime protest, they rarely if ever make the news. Blame yourself for your own ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because "a somewhat warm and pinkish toned, but ultimately fair skinned folk" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well.

- - - Updated - - -

wee woo wee woo

Close down all discussion except discussion about heart disease.
    And what does Heart Disease have too do with the discussions? Gang violence is directly part of the problem when it comes too police shootings.

Of course, and it's one that while not uncommon is also not universal. You'll note most modernly constructed subdivisions also eliminate virtually all non-grass vegetation. I find that absolutely disgusting and would hate to live in a place like that. Obviously many people do not mind that at all.
    Not that this really addresses your point of being flat and boring, but it astonishes me that people (like didactic) stereotype Texas as a southern (they really mean racist redneck) state. Ignoring that 5 of the largest cities in America are in Texas and are decidedly liberal and diverse and progressive minded. Just weird to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear 1/3 of the of the users here are illiterate. The study was linked a here a day or two ago and concluded that

a) the study could be more thorough.

b) that there is evidence that black people are met with more violence and aggression by the police in similar stops when compared to whites.

c) why are people who know nothing about BLM the first ones to criticize it.

d) there are studies that say otherwise, something the researcher acknowledged

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Which issue causes more deaths in America? That is the measuring stick I use when deciding on a issues "legitimacy". I don't even know what point you are trying too make.
    Several points.

First, police are intended to be the guardians of the social order and upholders of 'good'. People being outraged because they are abusing their authority is entirely understandable - and saying 'well, criminals gonna crime why aren't you outraged about that' is just a dodge of the actual point.

Second, using 'number of deaths' as a metric of social importance is incredibly shortsighted since there are a whole host of other consequences besides the number of people being killed. Particularly since, you know, they're dead, but the socioeconomic consequences of a rift between citizenry and law enforcement are suffered by the living.

Ultimately 'but gang violence' just translates to an extremely shallow method of looking at society, because you're failing to ask the most basic question that leads to solutions - why. Much easier on your part to dismiss it as some 'moral failing'.

So in summary; you're being intellectually lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to overlook when they ultimately lack enough influence to keep the state from constantly conducting business in a manner that seems like they're trying to be a punchline. Obviously this forum has numerous Texans who are either liberal or at least don't believe in regressive social platforms, but those types of beliefs don't seem to be reflected even a little bit in how TX handles its day to day business or what the rest of the nation sees when Texas acts on the national stage, such as beloved Texas Senator Ted Cruz.
    Pretty much. Keep your crazies in line and we won't lump you in with the cotton republics.

Or happen to be a) an atheist and b) homosexual.

When it comes to anything besides casual talk I generally find Southerners to be highly disagreeable.
    We all have to agree with you or we aren't a society worth living in right? How very obtuse and close minded for an "enlightened" liberal. You are the exact same judgemental kind of person as what you say exists in the south.

Which is precisely why the response to it was a whole lot of white people going 'how can I make it about me'.
    They aren't lying. It's not all about blacks, in which this case...the BLM people think that america is all about them. LOL! When will people learn about equality? Never? OK THEN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    We all have to agree with you or we aren't a society worth living in right? How very obtuse and close minded for an "enlightened" liberal. You are the exact same judgemental kind of person as what you say exists in the south.
    The chief difference being I'm not seeking to use the force of law, or worse violence to suppress people who choose to hold such malformed viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    there are plenty of black on black crime protest, they rarely if ever make the news. Blame yourself for your own ignorance.
    any that tear up communities and buildings? Impede interstate traffic? Cause mayhem and destruction? In this respect the blm does more harm than good.