Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Destiria View Post
    How do you get so small buttons on bartender and keep those crisp borders? My pixel borders look like shit on bartender since it uses scaling.
    If you mean the pet bar, that's Masque_PixelSkin. It looks like it's pixel perfect with crisp borders but it's not. I always have to try different decimal values to get the best result. That takes most of my time creating UI, playing with numbers. For example, that pet bar is 0.685 in scale, -329 in X and 265.65 in Y and it still isn't perfect because one of them is always slightly blurred or the gap between two of them isn't there as it should be and I can't have 0.80, 0.90, 1 etc. in scale because it's too big.

I think that background (kgPanels) behind them kinda hides these irritating details.

Here's a macro for pixel perfect UI scale for specific resolution btw, if you didn't do it already. It didn't seem to do much for me, but maybe it can help a little.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31813
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2016-07-14 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Here's a macro for pixel perfect UI scale for specific resolution btw, if you didn't do it already. It didn't seem to do much for me, but maybe it can help a little.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=31813
    That's redundant. as long as you disable UI scaling you'll be pixel perfect.

if you want to be 100% sure, use UIScaler:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...aler.html#info

UI

hey can you please provide us with the download link to your UI?

- - - Updated - - -

Undertaker, I am willing to use your UI for my WoW. Can you please provide me with a download link to it? Here is the image

- - - Updated - - -

I just really like your UI you compiled

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    That's redundant. as long as you disable UI scaling you'll be pixel perfect.

if you want to be 100% sure, use UIScaler:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...aler.html#info
    Or that, yep.

Where can I get this UI that you use? Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeys View Post
    Does anybody know where I can get Undertaker's UI?

Quote Originally Posted by MaksKors View Post
    hey can you please provide us with the download link to your UI?
    That UI was posted back in 2009.
    And the last post by the user was march 2015.
    You are not likely to get a reply.

Can I advise checking the date of a post first.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

maybe you can help me?

What I can do is mention some addons which could potentially replicate some of that.
    stUF or Discord Unit Frames for unit frames.
    Bartender or Dominos for Action Bars.
    kgPanels for frames and borders.
    Variety of Minimap addons support a square map. Sexymap being one of the popular ones.
    Statblockcore for the frame at the bottom with the numerical information, plus various stat blocks or broker addons for the information.
    The raid frame perhaps use Grid or Vuhdo.

You could likely produce a more consistent UI graphically using ElvUI.

You are best figuring out your own needs.
    What do you need the UI to display.
    How do you best interpret information like timers.
    Icons with a sweep animation, with numbers, bars with progress colouration, etc.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'll probably main a Fire/Frost mage in legion, so seeing as pre-patch is the 19th or 26th I decided to scrap my previous elvui and create something for all my casters.

Let me know what you think, or what could be improved ! I'll be working on another UI for my tank/melees next.
    Last edited by Tyron; 2016-07-15 at 10:43 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I'll probably main a Fire/Frost mage in legion, so seeing as pre-patch is the 19th or 26th I decided to scrap my previous elvui and create something for all my casters.

Let me know what you think, or what could be improved ! I'll be working on another UI for my tank/melees next.
    Two things that are bothering me;
    1. The raiddebuff icon on raidframes are way bigger than the frame itself.
    2. You're using atleast 2 different fonts. Find one you like and use that for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zungate View Post
    Two things that are bothering me;
    1. The raiddebuff icon on raidframes are way bigger than the frame itself.
    2. You're using atleast 2 different fonts. Find one you like and use that for everything.
    Yep, thanks for pointing that out, I edited the image. I kept changing between my pala and mage and didn't realize that, everything looks better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    I am not that far... but good point. I have to check if the party is small enough so I could just use the same layout. If not I have to build something else.

It's the plan this time.
    Really liking the look of this Ui, do you plan to release this with pre patch or later.

Amazing work btw
    Last edited by SpuddyD; 2016-07-15 at 11:45 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I've been running with for a while, pretty sure it was inspired by a post here! Looking at these SS I realise I need to tweak a few alignments

Solo:

Party:

Raid:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz0r View Post
    Very nice look. I really like the style, its just more fitting to the game than most of these futuristic looking all in one UIs that are around in recent years. Would be nice as a base to add stuff to. I wonder, the unitframes are they just graphically modified with textures and some custom lua or based on known unitframes addon?
    It's all custom. Writing both the unitframes and actionbars from scratch. The thing about most other addons is that they are made to be customized a lot, while mine... are not.

And I totally agree about that futuristic thing. To me that doesn't fit into WoW. Sure, a lot of nice UIs are made that way, but this is Warcraft, not StarCraft! I want it to look like what it is! And the Diablo universe is close enough, so it still fits.

I have recreated Undertaker's UI for my fit: http://imgur.com/1JCI1wo

Here is the original: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=scyjpt&s=5

I have some added of my own addons which I have not yet configured or enabled. Here: http://imgur.com/a/rnIn7.

Thanks Again to ComputerNerd and BirgWoW for helping me find the right tools. Hoping to get a feedback from the professionals.
    Last edited by Jeys; 2016-07-15 at 09:08 PM.

I have recreated Undertaker's UI for my fit: http://imgur.com/1JCI1wo

Here is the original: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=scyjpt&s=5

I have some added of my own addons which I have not yet configured or enabled. Here: http://imgur.com/a/rnIn7.

Thanks Again to ComputerNerd and BirgWoW for helping me find the right tools. Hoping to get a feedback from the professionals.
    /suf to open Shadowed Unit Frames config.
    Unit Configuration - Global if you want to apply this to several at once.
    Otherwise do it individually.
    Bars - Empty Bar - Enable Empty Bar - should place it at the top, and if it doesn't already contain the unit name, go to the Text/Tags tab, select empty bar and enable Unit Name.
    Do the same for the health bar, only removing Unit Name from it.
    Adjusting a few others should give you a similar result, numbers and percentages only on the health and power bars with the name above.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-07-15 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    /suf to open Shadowed Unit Frames config.
    Unit Configuration - Global if you want to apply this to several at once.
    Otherwise do it individually.
    Bars - Empty Bar - Enable Empty Bar - should place it at the top, and if it doesn't already contain the unit name, go to the Text/Tags tab, select empty bar and enable Unit Name.
    Do the same for the health bar, only removing Unit Name from it.
    Adjusting a few others should give you a similar result, numbers and percentages only on the health and power bars with the name above.
    Im not using Shadowed Unit Frames ComputerNerd. I am using Pitbull4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakalwei View Post
    This is what I've been running with for a while, pretty sure it was inspired by a post here! Looking at these SS I realise I need to tweak a few alignments

Solo:

Party:

Raid:
    Could you pastebin your elvui profile string?

Im not using Shadowed Unit Frames ComputerNerd. I am using Pitbull4
    Fair enough, the two do look very similar.
    Unfortunately it has been a very long time since I used that one myself, while I am still using Shadowed at present.
    So can't offer more specific help there.
    Though I would look to see if there is some sort of option for additional non-functional bars to create the look.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Fair enough, the two do look very similar.
    Unfortunately it has been a very long time since I used that one myself, while I am still using Shadowed at present.
    So can't offer more specific help there.
    Though I would look to see if there is some sort of option for additional non-functional bars to create the look.
    Thanks ComputerNerd,
    But what are the addons on top he used one on the left side and one on the right side on top of the screen?