Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    People run on emotion, also cherry picking stats doesn't help the case, let alone looking them in a void. Emotion has a lot to do with it, just like a lot of Trump supporters continue to follow him as he lies, flip flops and continues to be erratic: and yet it "feels" right to them.
    This is correct. Most all the world bases its opinions on emotion and not rational logic. This is the real problem in all realms of serious discourse. We have become a feeling people, instead of a thinking one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Good god man. Could you be anymore unrealistic? "Instrument of their oppression"? Lol. Damn. Delusion is strong. You want to talk about being able to see past the media etc, read what you just wrote. You think police are the reason blacks are oppressed?
    No, and I never claimed as such.

10+ Year Old Account
    BLM stopped being about facts a long time ago sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because saying 'this apple is red' automatically means all apples are red, right?

Believing 'Black Lives Matter' to be exclusionary is nothing more than white people projecting out of fear of their loss of privilege.
    And thinking that BLM is a good thing would like saying I punched a cop in the face I won't get shot. it's useless and just ignorant.

Gee, I wonder why people would be against a slogan designed to dismiss the issue.
    How dare people be against a group that calls for the deaths of police officers and claims that all white people are racists that owe black people reparations.

The one that entitles you to make such ignorant comments without being against the social grain.
    My white privilege is free speech?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

If BLM was just about police brutality and the need to keep them in check then I'd be on board. Sadly that's not the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is precisely what you are doing. That is my point.
    Fine, you can focus on just police police brutality, and I will focus on the gangs and how it increases police shootings. Is that better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And thinking that BLM is a good thing would like saying I punched a cop in the face I won't get shot. it's useless and just ignorant.
    I don't think it's a good thing. It should not have to exist in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Fine, you can focus on just police police brutality, and I will focus on the gangs and how it increases police shootings. Is that better?
    I'd rather address the root causes of both than bang on about 'moral failure'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    How dare people be against a group that calls for the deaths of police officers and claims that all white people are racists that owe black people reparations.
    Cool, these people and the "All lives matter" idiots aren't synonymous. One's a criticism of social divisions, the other is an attempt to marginalize opinions without admitting they may have some points.

My white privilege is free speech?
    Among other things.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullarkie View Post
    We've had similar numbers for a long time.

http://www.colorofcrime.com/2016/03/...vised-edition/

Major Findings
    •The evidence suggests that if there is police racial bias in arrests it is negligible. Victim and witness surveys show that police arrest violent criminals in close proportion to the rates at which criminals of different races commit violent crimes.
    This isn't quite correct. We don't have good evidence as to the rates at which different groups "commit" crimes. We only have arrest rates and conviction rates. This is an important distinction, because not every crime is discovered, and if a crime isn't investigated then it won't show up in any statistics.

Even more importantly, any bias in arrests/investigations results in a confirmation bias. Put simply (and to paraphrase a Baltimore police officer who spoke on the subject), if the police target 16-24 year old black males essentially because we arrest them more, it perpetuates the cycle of arresting them more, which justifies arresting them more. It's circular.

To use some real world numbers taken from NYPD stop and frisk data:

Assume 100 people are stopped and frisked. 50 of them are black. 10 are white. 90% of them are innocent. (NOTE: these are actual average frisk rates. SOURCE: http://www.nyclu.org/content/stop-and-frisk-data).

Assume, for argument's sake, that the actual crime rate is equal. Let's also assume it is 10% per the above. The police would arrest 5 blacks (10% of 50) and 1 white (10% of 10) based on frisks. The "arrest rates" would show that blacks are 5 times more likely to "commit" a crime, because the police arrested 5 times as many (even though in this example, the two groups committed crimes at the same rate).

Therein lies the problem with extrapolating crime rates from data about people you arrested. The data aren't randomly sampled, they are selectively sampled, because the police don't randomly investigate people. They investigate people they suspect, and they suspect blacks at a significantly higher rate than any other racial group.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Take some of that energy and protest against known gang members and drug dealers fucking up neighborhoods to the point increased police presence is neccesary.
    Thread's over boys.

Isn't this thread obvious race baiting though? (like most media outlets and special interest groups nowadays)
    Thought that wasn't tolerated on these boards.

I see a bunch of cry babies. BLM is a hate group, par up with the Black Panthers, and the KKK. There have been racial killings, protests, savage beatings, and hate mongering from the group. If that doesn't bring it towards a hate group status, I don't know how the Panthers and the Klan is classified.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I see a bunch of cry babies. BLM is a hate group, par up with the Black Panthers, and the KKK. There have been racial killings, protests, savage beatings, and hate mongering from the group. If that doesn't bring it towards a hate group status, I don't know how the Panthers and the Klan is classified.
    Largely because 'BLM' is a social movement and not a formalised organisation.

That the use of lethal force in such situations is reprehensible regardless of what 'percentages' are involved?

I wasn't aware this was up for discussions if, as you say "All Lives Matter".
    1. You say you didn't say it, but you kinda did. It's there and definitely implied.
    2.lets throw away facts of statistics. They don't mean shit because your a goal post moving extremist who has no actual fact to stand on other than to hand wave about how you are smarter than 'texuns cause "feels" and no facts.

Ramble on I won't be discussing further you are in no way, shape, or form able to put together a point that I would take seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they also prove that carrots are vegetables?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Oh FFS...

Somebody please close this
    Yes... please close this before the left gets outraged at silly crap like "facts" and "truth". SJWs will have a field day...
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Largely because 'BLM' is a social movement and not a formalised organisation.
    It isn't a social movement in the slightest. This isn't the Civil Right Movement. What exactly are BLM fighting for, exactly? BLM is the Occupy Wall Street of hate groups. It's only a matter of time before it's get extremely bloody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    1. You say you didn't say it, but you kinda did. It's there and definitely implied.
    In the list of 'implications that were never made and just pulled out of your ass', sure.

2.lets throw away facts of statistics. They don't mean shit because your a goal post moving extremist who has no actual fact to stand on other than to hand wave about how you are smarter than 'texuns cause "feels" and no facts.
    Sounds to me like you need to stop being so PC regarding Texas.

What am I 'extreme' about, exactly? Advocating a moderate stance towards law enforcement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD View Post
    Yes... please close this before the left gets outraged at silly crap like "facts" and "truth". SJWs will have a field day...
    Those particular people are perpetually outraged.
    Most often on other people's behalf.

Among other things.
    "One of your privileges is something everybody has. I won't name the others, because I can't think of any.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    It isn't a social movement in the slightest. This isn't the Civil Right Movement. What exactly are BLM fighting for, exactly? BLM is the Occupy Wall Street of hate groups. It's only a matter of time before it's get extremely bloody.
    Is it a movement? Yes. Is it one focusing on a social issue? Yes.

The Civil Rights movement wasn't some monolithic hive mind -either-, point in fact.