Thread: Gtx 1060

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    what about the 980ti? When the 1070 becomes more widely available those card prices should fall even more.
    Only if there is stock. Used ones should be cheaper by far though.

Calling it now: 350-400€.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Like other people, I will assume the 1060 is a $300 graphics card until Nvidia dumps the whole stupid Founder Edition crap. MSRP doesn't mean shit, as shown with the 1070/1080. Who would spend $300 for this stupid graphics card? Think about it, the 1060 is between a GTX 970 and GTX 980, and costs $300. How much was a GTX 970 on release? About $320. Why purchase a 1060 when the GTX 970's has dropped significantly in price? Don't forget the RX 480 for $200.
    I doupt you are going to see 200$ for RX480. Around 250-280 most likely. Either way for both sides i think this is the worst gpu market ever price wise. I wouldn't buy a graphics card right now even if money wasn't a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    I doupt you are going to see 200$ for RX480.
    Newegg has a couple listed for 199,99. They are out of stock and the 4 GB model, but they are out there.

Deleted
    You mean those powercolor-sapphire-xfx ones? With ref cooler? I am not counting those, i'm talking aftermarket cooling solutions, obviously. Aaaand lets not forget, US isn't all the market, how about the prices rest of the world....that right...

edit: Ie here at this moment, there is no RX 480 stock sub 300euro...likewise no gtx1070 sub 500...
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2016-07-14 at 05:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean those powercolor-sapphire-xfx ones? With ref cooler? I am not counting those, i'm talking aftermarket cooling solutions, obviously. Aaaand lets not forget, US isn't all the market, how about the prices rest of the world....that right...
    Why not? If that's your budget then that's what you get?
    edit: Ie here at this moment, there is no RX 480 stock sub 300euro...likewise no gtx1070 sub 500...
    Where in Greece? I'm surprised you can find anything there without massive price gouging.

Deleted
    Hold on, so now we are just changing our statements... You said and I quote:

I doupt you are going to see 200$ for RX480
    You never specified if it was ref or custom and by putting down a dollar sign you are pretty much aiming at US prices.

I think AMD said the 4 GB ref coolers will cost 200 dollars, the 8 GB ref coolers would be 230-240, with custom models being more expensive probably adding another 20 dollars. In Europe prices are 220 for the 4 GB model and 260 for the 8 GB model. At the moment they are selling for a bit more than that in NL and DE.
    So you should probably adjust your expectations to info that AMD released...

Deleted
    Who the hell is going to be buying a reference model? Are you? If not why are we even talking about it. Deal is both companies are screwing us over, thats for sure and you are looking for a neeedle in a barn.

I don't have expectations Zeara, i learned that a long time ago, i accept things as they come on this matter cause there is jack you can do about it.

Threads like these man. As if we can even pretend people aren't going to buy reference models. Not like the GTX 1080 was a barren wasteland of supply, and still is honestly.

Deleted
    Who the hell is going to be buying a reference model? Are you? If not why are we even talking about it. Deal is both companies are screwing us over, thats for sure and you are looking for a neeedle in a barn.
    I wouldn't buy one, but there are people who do.
    All I did was pointing out there are actually RX 480s sold for 200 bucks, exactly as AMD told us. And then you are twisting your statement by saying you were talking about custom models etc...

Deleted

I don't have expectations Zeara, i learned that a long time ago, i accept things as they come on this matter cause there is jack you can do about it.
    I bought the ref RX480 with intent to mod the cooler, just waiting on certain bits of hardware to be released first and then my dremel will see some action, heck even a custom paint job .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    I bought the ref RX480 with intent to mod the cooler, just waiting on certain bits of hardware to be released first and then my dremel will see some action, heck even a custom paint job .
    You bought a reference 480 ... with a 6 pin connector? Dremmel isnt going to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    You bought a reference 480 ... with a 6 pin connector? Dremmel isnt going to help you.
    The custom paint job may provide more power though!!

Deleted
    Eh, I am guessing you don't watch any youtube video on computer modding right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    At the price I got mine at, it sure will .

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yep, that is it.
    @Thorianrage I wasn't referring to modding ....

Unfortunately those who fell for the "o wait we have a driver fix" for the 6 pin reference models will be replacing them soon.

never buy reference..those who do are the guinea pigs for testing as with the RX 480 and GTX 1080 issues. Wait for AIBs

Deleted
    Yep, that is it.
    @Thorianrage Unfortunately those who fell for the "o wait we have a driver fix" for the 6 pin reference models will be replacing them soon.

never buy reference..those who do are the guinea pigs for testing as with the RX 480 and GTX 1080 issues. Wait for AIBs
    Why would I buy a custom card if I intend to do some modding work?

What do you think a dremel does?

Well, I see them (8gb) in stock for 269€ and 220GBP
    And the 1070 in stock for as low as 458€ and 380GBP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Well, I see them (8gb) in stock for 269€ and 220GBP
    And the 1070 in stock for as low as 458€ and 380GBP
    Got my 4GB for £188, gonna take off the shroud after my holiday this weekend and see if it has all 8 gb since its sapphire, if I do have all 8 modules, well its gonna get flashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    Eh, I am guessing you don't watch any youtube video on computer modding right?
    Also 6 pin can carry like 200 something watts trough, just not really recommended if not used properly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Also 6 pin can carry like 200 something watts trough, just not really recommended if not used properly
    Are people thinking im modding the power delivery? Well undervolting the card and running it through firestrike nets 133 watts on the powerdraw apparently but people buy reference models because they are easier to mod and get third party components for.

Custom cards are horrible for this, think waterblocks as an example, theres far more support for the reference boards then custom and they tend to be cheaper as well.