Momentum is all damage right? including Fury of the Illidari, would it be best to use it during momentum or just pop it on cool down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone SHOULD make a FAQ and put it in their sig. Would greatly help the newcomers in the thread! I don't have beta, so I can't really do it

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    what you guys think of JC/mining? Torn, between that and skinning/leather. I do not have an alt that has either of those.
    depends if you're looking to gear up quickly or make money all expac, mining + JC wilkl earn you all expac, LW + skin will gear you up hella fast early and make a fair bit of cash early

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @zorkesh oops, well that sure would make it hard to simulate We'll fix that today, thanks for letting me know. Gah, can't believe I missed that one in testing.
    Would be nice if there was a lvl 110 pve template. Cant really import a specific ton since, you know, beta and all. Not sure what we're testing or simulating otherwise
    Science the shit out of it!

Hadn't thought about this before, but can we use duplicate relics in our Fel slot? Just noticed that most of them aren't marked as unique equipped like the crafted relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahkais View Post
    Hadn't thought about this before, but can we use duplicate relics in our Fel slot? Just noticed that most of them aren't marked as unique equipped like the crafted relics.
    I believe so because blizz has (and you can look at the last build notes to see an example) 6 ranks for each minor trait programmed in.

Ooo the next Q&A is about Demon Hunters that should be fun

@Qlix you can quickly edit the gear set if you want - click on the items listed and a list shows up to pick from. Here' a 1 min video demonstrating how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovQs...P0oKd1i8LIWEa6

Or, if you give me a target iLevel (or if you want T19 set bonuses, which you can't get until the second raid), let me know. I can set it up for you and share it so you can use that.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Why the fuck do they make the description so confusing then? The way it's worded makes it sound like it gives a baseline dmg increase against the type you select and if you manage to kill it, it's give an additional amount.

"
    Increases damage you inflict against the target by 20% for 1 min.

When the target is slain, you will inflict 20% additional damage against all creature types matching the original target (Humanoid, Dragonkin, etc.) for the remaining duration."

Why not just change it to

"When the target is slain, you will inflict 20% damage against all creature types matching the original target (Humanoid, Dragonkin, etc.) for the remaining duration." or something tat is much easier to understand.

Are you SURE you're right? I'm pretty sure people were talking about using nemesis for single target burst phases on bosses and that wouldn't work if it works the way you say it does.
    20% additional damage is just another way of wording "Increases damage you inflict by 20%", that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaedis View Post
    By a bare sliver, according to Aggixx's sims: http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...lents/106.html

Unless you're going for world first, that's a level of balance which will let you choose whichever of the 3 you want.
    Well, not exactly. Fel Eruption is still pretty shit on non single target.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    It's not really a nerf when it was totally unintended to get the damage buff, more a re-balance to the levels it was meant to be
    If that was true then Blizzard hardly ever nerfs anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    you arent as far off as you think, IIRC a robot can get 60% uptime so anywhere between 50-60% is solid at worst. you were at 38% so, for not knowing what you are doing you are at a healthy starting point.
    Overestimating how hard it is. If you're only getting 50% with Prepared you either don't understand how you're supposed manage your Vengeful Retreat and Fel Rush CDs, or you need to be doing a better job paying attention to it. You don't need to be a robot to reach 60% at all, that's absurd.

And realistically, if you can't get at least 60% uptime with prepared (or 50% without) its not going to be as good as Nemesis anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    What is the theoretical highest uptime on Momentum?
    Without Prepared:
    4/25 + 4/10 = 56%

With Prepared
    4/15 + 4/10 = 66.67%

Both can get a little higher than that because of the 1 additional Fel Rush you start with, and there's also Demon Speed which can give you more Fel Rush charges for even more uptime.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2016-07-14 at 08:36 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

@aggixx I noticed Chaos blades has jumped up again to be well above the other two talents, do you have insight into why?

Also, have seen reports that Demon blades damage was hotfixed to more appropriate levels, do current sims take that into account(if the fix has indeed happened of course)
    Last edited by ChakanDH; 2016-07-14 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChakanDH View Post
    @aggixx I noticed Chaos blades has jumped up again to be well above the other two talents, do you have insight into why?

Also, have seen reports that Demon blades damage was hotfixed to more appropriate levels, do current sims take that into account(if the fix has indeed happened of course)
    It was always above the other two talents on single target.

Yes, you can see it in the hotfixes section at the top of every report.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    It was always above the other two talents on single target.

Yes, you can see it in the hotfixes section at the top of every report.
    Didn't you have fel barrage as the 110 talent in the most recent sims though?

Ah thank you, I really should look at all the drop down boxes Amazing that even after damage nerf it is still well above other options. Perhaps too high fury gen now?

depends if you're looking to gear up quickly or make money all expac, mining + JC wilkl earn you all expac, LW + skin will gear you up hella fast early and make a fair bit of cash early
    Now when you say gear up hella fast? Can you describe it? What kind of ilvl can you make with leatherworking and how quickly do you get all the recipees? And do you get gear for ALL slots like helm/shoulders etc? Or just a few slots. How much of an advantage to people who go LW have over people that don't? Maybe i should put JC/mining on my alt? Is there any benefit to having it on main?

Quote Originally Posted by Tato23 View Post
    Now when you say gear up hella fast? Can you describe it? What kind of ilvl can you make with leatherworking and how quickly do you get all the recipees? And do you get gear for ALL slots like helm/shoulders etc? Or just a few slots. How much of an advantage to people who go LW have over people that don't? Maybe i should put JC/mining on my alt? Is there any benefit to having it on main?
    All armour slots afaik, starts at 785 and with oblitreum it can go to 850 (not accounting for titanforge rolls which can take it even higher) and they're available from zone quests all over the broken isle.
    Like its not gunna be cheap/easy, especially having to craft multiples of each to get the right stat roll, craft even more to DE for Oblitreum dust to upgrade them but at the very least you can gear up in full 850 gear before raids, if not higher with a couple of titanforge rolls

at the very least you can gear up in full 850 gear before raids, if not higher with a couple of titanforge rolls
    i believe the max ilvl is capped by blizz based on where the game content currently is, so you cannot titanforge over the cap of 850 before the raids are released as that is the pre-raid release ilvl cap.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

All armour slots afaik, starts at 785 and with oblitreum it can go to 850 (not accounting for titanforge rolls which can take it even higher) and they're available from zone quests all over the broken isle.
    Like its not gunna be cheap/easy, especially having to craft multiples of each to get the right stat roll, craft even more to DE for Oblitreum dust to upgrade them but at the very least you can gear up in full 850 gear before raids, if not higher with a couple of titanforge rolls
    Crafted gear starts at 815 and goes to 850 through 7 obliterum uses(+5 ilvl per use), I am not sure how titanforge works on crafted gear if it can even happen (I know it can proc from blue quality to epic quality but not sure about titanforged). Also dont know how Obliterum works on gear that upgrades when crafted if you can still apply 7 or if it still caps out at 850. Even if it can titanforge, titanforging is locked at 850 until Emerald Nightmare unlocks so no getting gear above normal raid gear before it opens.

Edit: and yes LW can make every armor slot (no rings necks trinkets obv, and not sure about back)

Change of subject, just to give a quick feedback for the ones interested.

After almost a month of Beta, i can honestly give my opinion: Havoc Demon Hunter is VERY VERY good.

Few abilites, but they interact well with each other. The gameplay is extremely satisfying, purely aggression based: either your targets die or you do, no compromises there. But generally it's your targets, much to the player satisfaction. The playstyle feels quick enough, without being nerveracking. Movement wise, it has so much and so often that, within confined grinding zones, i barely feel the need to use the mount: i just zip through enemies while cutting everything down. On cooperative pve environement, the spec provides good utility in terms of movement (swapping priority targets comes in easy) and AoE burst: when properly planned, it makes the competition pale in comparison. PvP wise, on solo play we still lack defensives to really shine, but on a proper set up team, things change quickly: with a dedicated healer we become unstoppable machines of destruction, capable of bursting a target within seconds while major cds are properly stacked.

Alas, not everything can be perfect: the most lacking aspect of the class is its storyline. The campaign is utterly ridiculous in my opinion, much worse that other classes, and i am not really into giant evil ass looking spaceships into a fantasy themed game, but hey, i guess it's a matter of tastes.

That being said, i strongly suggest the class to both hardcore gamers aswell as people that just want to have fun: there is plenty of min/maxing fo the first and plenty of fun and satisfaction for the latter. However, my piece of advice to the swappers is this: try out your class first and foremost. Legion introduces more class changes and class related content than all previous expansions combined, and i spent as much time on my beloved classes than i did on the Demon Hunter and... boy there is stuff there. For ANY class.

Just my 2 cents. Peace.
    Last edited by The Archmage; 2016-07-18 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by Livonya View Post
    The 106 talent row is actually pretty close to each other in dps, so if you don't feel like you can master momentum, you can try one of the other ones.
    This relieves me that the other two are pretty close. I'll give momentum a shot when the talent is available to see if I enjoy it, but the thought of having to jump all over the place as a part of my rotation doesn't appeal to me personally.

I don't think that row should be close at all. I'm warming to the whole momentum play style, in that it basically mirrors what will be happening outside raids. I like the idea of Fel Rushes etc actually dealing damage, and with Possible Legendaries and talents it may be very fun. The other selection of talents which focus on single target are absolutely dreadful, though, and i'm finding myself agreeing with others by saying the harder play style should be the most rewarding. Balance Nemesis and Fel Eruption fine. But tune Momentum above those, for the sake of the fun. Havoc just simply won't be fun without that play style imo. If it's not tuned above the passive talents, i think in this case especially it's the wrong move.

Bloodsail Admiral Unkhrahuun the Atoned's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangomah View Post
    aight! gotcha! <3

(We really need to go and keep the class designers hostage at some point so Blade Dance is the best thing ever)
    I'd do this just to get Felblade and First Blood on different rows, but alas: they kinda make sense being on the same row
    The Dead City... it... calls to me...