Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlink7 View Post
    Why are 80% of anime titles things with the words ''re'' and/or ''zero'' in it...
    Why do 27.8% of people on forums make up facts to complain about things? The answer to both questions is 'idk'.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    It's always been that ridiculously dark edge that I've enjoyed about Anime really, was beginning to think that everything being produced these days was some kind of Ecchi/Shounen/Harem so whilst this has been torturous at times I've been enjoying reconnecting with what made me enjoy the medium so much all those years ago. Like watching Berserk for the first time 15 years ago thinking "well this is great" then watching the last few episodes going "WTF just happened!".
    Anime in general have been about extremes. Dark is just one side of Anime which isn't really seen anywhere else in the world which is probably why you gravitate towards it but the Ecchi/shounen/harem types have always been present.

Berserk has just come out with a new season currently airing but don't get your hopes up. I was a big fan of the original series but this one was nothing but junk so far. Not even sure I'm going to finish it.

This Re:Zero has been interesting thus far. It would be interesting if we are seeing a person descending into madness of course that means no happy ending but let's see where things go.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there is no happy ending for Subaru, I'm gonna riot. Not even sure if the manga has gotten that far, because it sounds like there is a lot of material to work through...but I won't look into or talk about it too much b/c of spoilers.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    If there is no happy ending for Subaru, I'm gonna riot. Not even sure if the manga has gotten that far, because it sounds like there is a lot of material to work through...but I won't look into or talk about it too much b/c of spoilers.
    One possible ending is that he ends the curse then dies a final death to end the cycle of suffering. Good or Bad ending?

10+ Year Old Account
    The anime just passed the translated manga last weekend. The anime has a bit more harsh than the manga believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The anime just passed the translated manga last weekend. The anime has a bit more harsh than the manga believe it or not.
    Is that like a first? At least for me this is the first I'm hearing of an instance of that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the dark souls of anime, poor Subaru better get a happy ending but I don't think he will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    One possible ending is that he ends the curse then dies a final death to end the cycle of suffering. Good or Bad ending?
    If this is one long metaphor for Hinduism/Buddhism then idk...I guess I can accept that, but if he doesn't at least get some kind of payoff before the end then it feels so wasted. At this point I don't even know if I want him with Emilia or Rem, or to do something even crazier that I can't think of. He just deserves some love and affection in the most important ways.
    BAD WOLF

If this is one long metaphor for Hinduism/Buddhism then idk...I guess I can accept that, but if he doesn't at least get some kind of payoff before the end then it feels so wasted. At this point I don't even know if I want him with Emilia or Rem, or to do something even crazier that I can't think of. He just deserves some love and affection in the most important ways.
    There are worse endings. Another possible ending could be an impossible situation. There is a chain of events which is impossible to prevent or change even through multiple tries and he can only save either Rem or Emilia. Then rather than choose he would rather stay in the that time loop forever where both are alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    It's caught up to the manga, but not the LN, and especially not the web novel that that is based on.

The web novel is the original version, and is bloody and gory as fuck. Like, this show is rainbows compared to that. It was so brutal they cut half of this episodes scenes from the web novel for the LN, manga, AND anime versions. They were much much more brutal.

As for an ending, they are far from one in any of the versions. If anything, the anime will rush the hell out of the plot to catch the LN, then get another 24 episode season in a year or so when there is more source material.

The next couple episodes should show why the plot is far from finished though.

Deleted
    Just don't end like Akame ga Kill, that's what we want, right ?

There's a new definition of insanity, and it's name is Betelgeuse.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last week's episode was so randomly....anticlimactic. It felt off. Not sure how accurate that one was to the manga, but it was the first episode I didn't really enjoy. Subaru getting shit on by a bunch of crazy ladies, then just...nothing happens. I also felt strange that he suddenly had infinite time to try and prevent the horrific events, when the first time it was a blur.

Idk. Hopefully this week it makes more sense. I understood what happened, but it felt so odd compared to the pacing the last episodes have been.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    That last episode....whaaaat?! That witch is effing evil and this show does not stop to surprise me.
    BAD WOLF

This anime is total mindfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    This anime is total mindfuck.
    No kidding...I've never watched anything this surprising ever. The way they build this stuff up and then tear it down is unreal. And somehow it doesn't feel cliche or cheesy either.
    BAD WOLF

Just to be sure, we don't know who this witch is and what she wants with suburu and how he got this return from death power? also no idea how he got to this alternate world? sometimes i watch this show and feel like im missing something.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Just to be sure, we don't know who this witch is and what she wants with suburu and how he got this return from death power? also no idea how he got to this alternate world? sometimes i watch this show and feel like im missing something.
    Correct, but from Unified's description of the next episode I feel like we're going to get a lot of that answered this weekend. I am excite.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...that was not anything like I was expecting from your desription. Subaru? More like Douchearu. I just got kicked in the feels and for the first episode I want Subaru to die. Little shit. Rem deserves the whole world for that kind of love and instead she gets nothing.
    BAD WOLF

Well...that was not anything like I was expecting from your desription. Subaru? More like Douchearu. I just got kicked in the feels and for the first episode I want Subaru to die. Little shit. Rem deserves the whole world for that kind of love and instead she gets nothing.
    When Subaru asked Rem to run away with him, i was like "finally this little shit realizes who loves him" then when she told him the future she imagined with him, i cried like a little bitch, only for him to shut her down for emilia...
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements