Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Night elves don't have enough resources ... where is their future?

So the recent World Quest invterviews reveal a few more things about Legion, and having the nose for night elf stuff, I noticed this

"There are Warden towers around the Broken Isles, but they don't have the resources to defend them anymore."
    Really makes me wonder if or how this group is going to survive Legion, now the Forsaken and Worgen are taking over the towers to carry on fighting themselves as night elves keep dying and are completely overwhelmed. A little history: They look great with all their pre-sundering history in WC3: Demons invade, night elves take quite the beating, lose most of their lives and wisps, have to join the alliance to survive. We already saw them badly knocked about in Cataclysm - [completely routed in Azshara (thanks to 1 blood elf's ingenuity), steamrolled in Ashenvale by the orcs, bombed in stonetalon mountain by the orcs, barely habited Desolace broken by the cataclysm (this is the only zone they control outside Teldrassil), their only base in Desolace routed by a couple of blood elves- really exposed as not having no where near enough to defend their lands. Despite being the resident race of Kalimdor, the best they could produce in the Siege of Orgrimmar was a distraction for the Kokron...but in Legion they're really pressed in.

They don't have enough resources to lend a force to the alliance Broken Shore campaign - but you can say they were busy helping out their kin on the shore itself
    We see them in every zone beaten back. Val'sharah has refugees pouring into SUramar because of the nightmare
    Wardens are completely over-run and there is no back up from night elven forces for them.
    Moonguard get decimated (not that they were part of the original force)
    Nightborne ofc we get to kill all the ones in the nighthold raid - so much for re-infrocements

Azsuna - Court of Farondis are already ghosts anyway that can't leave that area.

All in all pretty bleak, but to top it off, we're having Forsaken and Worgen taking over the Night Elven warden watchtowers --why? because they don't have enough resources to man them - ofc, they've been decimated.

the night elves have been decimated.

What do you think is going to happen with this group then? They look weaker and weaker, losing more and more every time you meet them. Cenarius lost (and Ysera) too, Moonguard and Nighthold nightborne gone too (they were evil so I'm not going to miss them)
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2016-07-14 at 09:14 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The future of the Wardens look bleak. The future of the night elves does NOT look bleak.

I hope they have a plan for them, surely they won't just leave them in a perpetual crappy state - maybe this is happening because they've got something a lot more amazing for them coming down the line, but later on in the story like patch 7.1 or 7.2 so in the meantime Worgen and Forsaken take over from what the night elves use to control. But it's just for this period, you never know Legion could end up with a bright start for them and once the factions on move on to the next new continent they'd probably take over their towers again.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCoco View Post
    The future of the Wardens look bleak. The future of the night elves does NOT look bleak.
    yeah, keep telling yourself that - just like me earlier, getting all optimistic over nothing. The Wardens are a core part of this group, if their section of he priesthood can't man the towers, why don't other's step in? Why not the sentinels? or other night elves?

I tell you why, because they don't have the resources their pressed in on every side .. dor do you think now moreso than ever the night elves wouldn't think holding as much ground especially guard towers, won't be a priority if they could have managed it?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    yeah, keep telling yourself that - just like me earlier, getting all optimistic over nothing. The Wardens are a core part of this group, if their section of he priesthood can't man the towers, why don't other's step in? Why not the sentinels? or other night elves?

I tell you why, because they don't have the resources their pressed in on every side .. dor do you think now moreso than ever the night elves wouldn't think holding as much ground especially guard towers, won't be a priority if they could have managed it?
    The wardens are not a core part of the night elves, they were originally created just to keep Illidan jailed, so they are basically the guards of one giant prison, so most likely several hundred of them. The Night elves still control most of kalimdor, so even if they suffered heavily on the broken Isles they have vast fertile territory and they can recover.

The wardens are not the primary concern of their government, the druids and elunes temple on the islands are and they have got their hands full holding that, which they deem more important.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I hope they have a plan for them, surely they won't just leave them in a perpetual crappy state - maybe this is happening because they've got something a lot more amazing for them coming down the line, but later on in the story like patch 7.1 or 7.2 so in the meantime Worgen and Forsaken take over from what the night elves use to control. But it's just for this period, you never know Legion could end up with a bright start for them and once the factions on move on to the next new continent they'd probably take over their towers again.
    Optimistic wishywashy pal, I try to be optimistic, but even you can't deny that this group is constantly being pressed in, wiped out and killed whenever you meet them. Every time they are involved, they take a lot of losses, suffer a lot, and if they win, it's just barely - every time. SUre i love all the extra lore here, I was beginning to buy all my friend's beta nonsense about night elf recovery - nightborne liaison - most of said nightborne are being wiped out anyway... and whatever they do, don't join the night elves because you will suck and blizz will kill you off everytime, use you as the target group every time they want to show how amazingly magically powerful a new group is. And what would a city with the a good chunk (1/3 to 1/2 or even more) of the population culled either by demons or by us going to be.

Dude ever since WC3, war ended, night elves have just gone down - couldn't stand on their own, so join the alliance, always whipped by the horde, having to be saved by Varian, or the worgen or the humans in the nick of time if not for them...

I use to make all sorts of excuses for them - oh, the mages weren't highborne they were novices, oh the developers just didn't highlight all the hidden forces and skills, or the night elves were too busy dealing with stuff, but a few of them held off a lot.. all excuses, it's as clear as day, they're not that great, haven't been since their intro - all the great stuff was in the past.

When blizzard wants to make us feel bad about something, or jerk tears, they show us night elves dying or suffering and we go "oh how horrible" , "how tragic" - and nothing is changing.

Deleted
    Orcs were participated in 2 great wars, were put in internment camps where many died or died escaping from. They sailed across the seas, many died in the storms. They got to Kalimdor and started fighting centaurs, quillboars, night elves, humans, eachother, the Legion. Obviously, many died.
    Later on they were attacked by human forces and many more died.
    A bit later they got to Outland and received some reinforcements from the Mag'har.
    They went to Northrend and were the main Horde force. Over 50k humans died, and about as many orcs did as well (it was in a book, Jaina makes the remark).
    Then, we get to the Cataclysm, where, again, unlike for the Alliance, they make the main bulk of the armies. Many die.
    MoP arrives and Garrosh breaks a part of the orcs from the rest, and they kill eachother. An entire tribe of orcs, one of the biggest ones, is wiped out.
    This not counting that Garrosh started the war because orcs had depleted most resources of their own, their city got sacked... yet they seem to be doing good.

Also, I once calculated the number of Darkspear trolls left after all their conflicts assuming their tribe had some 15k members at start (they were one tribe in the end). The end result was 9. Yes, 9 Darkspear trolls only should be left.

Night elves are fine. They lack the resources because:
    -the Wardens as an organization have mostly been decimated
    -supply lines are horrible to maintain when there's demons everywhere
    -night elves have ...

You know, actually, after writing all that I just remembered of the pre-Cataclysm hype and screenshots and people from the beta saying "they're crapping on the night elves" and me and a few others were "noooo, look at these buildings and towns in Felwood and Desolace, night elves conquer stuff too, see?" and then I was proven wrong. It could be that I'm in denial. I sure hope I'm not but in the end... overall night elves lost most battles everywhere to inferior forces. Only exception was Darkshore. And now if worgen, who are just some refugees taken on a few boats can be better at holding strategic points... it does look bad for the night elves.

I don't get why, if there's more towers, they don't get each race holding one. Say night elves can't hold on but take to their allies to each hold one. And the Horde tries to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The wardens are not a core part of the night elves, they were originally created just to keep Illidan jailed, so they are basically the guards of one giant prison, so most likely several hundred of them. The Night elves still control most of kalimdor, so even if they suffered heavily on the broken Isles they have vast fertile territory and they can recover.

The wardens are not the primary concern of their government, the druids and elunes temple on the islands are and they have got their hands full holding that, which they deem more important.
    yeah, exactly, all you are saying is confirming what I am saying - THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH resources - druids are been completely shafted -- if you thought the arcane corruption had problems, the nature corruption is even worse, because at least the nightfallen can get help staving off falling to withered while they plot to get their city back, but the druids? so many of them fallen, including Cenarius.

Shiiit.. the legion is really messing up these people even more. They're not going to be enough left for anything at this rate. It's terrible ! I hate the Legion.

yeah, exactly, all you are saying is confirming what I am saying - THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH resources - druids are been completely shafted -- if you thought the arcane corruption had problems, the nature corruption is even worse, because at least the nightfallen can get help staving off falling to withered while they plot to get their city back, but the druids? so many of them fallen, including Cenarius.

Shiiit.. the legion is really messing up these people even more. They're not going to be enough left for anything at this rate. It's terrible ! I hate the Legion.
    They are a mortal race after all, but it does not only affect them, take a look at dragons the pinnacle of the worlds defenders, doomed to extinction, blood elves who took a generous beating during the third war and bc and if they actually loose anything meaningful again they are extinct, goblins lost Khezzan and the vast majority of their population went with it. Gnomes played around with radiation and as a consequence are almost gone and to this day don't have their capital back, Trolls have been beaten so far into the ground, that only those in the horde seem to be the only hope for their species to hang on, the Draenei on Azeroth are nearly wiped out by the legion etc.

The night elves suffer a lot, but they suffer so much because they can still take this kind of beating, so many other races are already so close to the brink that if they take that kind of hit, it might be game over for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Orcs were participated in 2 great wars, were put in internment camps where many died or died escaping from. They sailed across the seas, many died in the storms. They got to Kalimdor and started fighting centaurs, quillboars, night elves, humans, eachother, the Legion. Obviously, many died.
    Later on they were attacked by human forces and many more died.
    A bit later they got to Outland and received some reinforcements from the Mag'har.
    They went to Northrend and were the main Horde force. Over 50k humans died, and about as many orcs did as well (it was in a book, Jaina makes the remark).
    Then, we get to the Cataclysm, where, again, unlike for the Alliance, they make the main bulk of the armies. Many die.
    MoP arrives and Garrosh breaks a part of the orcs from the rest, and they kill eachother. An entire tribe of orcs, one of the biggest ones, is wiped out.
    This not counting that Garrosh started the war because orcs had depleted most resources of their own, their city got sacked... yet they seem to be doing good.

Also, I once calculated the number of Darkspear trolls left after all their conflicts assuming their tribe had some 15k members at start (they were one tribe in the end). The end result was 9. Yes, 9 Darkspear trolls only should be left.

Night elves are fine. They lack the resources because:
    -the Wardens as an organization have mostly been decimated
    -supply lines are horrible to maintain when there's demons everywhere
    -night elves have ...

You know, actually, after writing all that I just remembered of the pre-Cataclysm hype and screenshots and people from the beta saying "they're crapping on the night elves" and me and a few others were "noooo, look at these buildings and towns in Felwood and Desolace, night elves conquer stuff too, see?" and then I was proven wrong. It could be that I'm in denial. I sure hope I'm not but in the end... overall night elves lost most battles everywhere to inferior forces. Only exception was Darkshore. And now if worgen, who are just some refugees taken on a few boats can be better at holding strategic points... it does look bad for the night elves.

I don't get why, if there's more towers, they don't get each race holding one. Say night elves can't hold on but take to their allies to each hold one. And the Horde tries to do the same.
    Felwood and Desolace? That's Cenarion Circle stuff - night elves, Tauren, worgen, Cenarians, trolls - the druid group you know.

Night elves are fine? how many night elves survived WC3? If they were so fine, why are there hardly any night elves from Darkshore throughout northern kalimdor all the way to the barrens. one tiny town of Astraanar recently built. The only place that seems to have night elves is Teldrassil.

Stop saying night elves are fine with no evidence. where are all the night elves when Ashenvale is being over run by the horde? or Stonetalon or Azshara? that's right they all get murdered, slaughtered, bombed, and magicked to death.

Where are they and their amazing numbers?

You just thought night elves were alot from Warcraft 3, but alot of those people die. And they had trees, and chimera and dryads fighting for them - they weren't that many. Before the 3rd war, they don't consider themselves a civilization or an empire or a country, they're just guardians, like the dragons, but fulfilling a sacred task of vigil. THey don't care about rebuilding cities or future generations of night elves, they literally don't care about themselves, everything is about fulfilling their sacred task.

Then finally the Legion return, and they lose a lot - where are their replenishments? Finally their charge ends, now they have to rejoin the world, - they grow a tree, and it seems that's where they all go. they build a small city, their first in 10k years.

Yeah, i use to be the pull numbers and pull glory of the night elves out of my arse crowd, but the evidence is showing me THEY SUCK !! They can't handle it. Look at how they're humiliated by the blood elves. 1 blood elf, just 1, his wit and cunning completely unravels an entire night elven campaign in a zone. Do you remember the Kodo trip with the orc from splintertree post to Mosh'ran ramparts, where she single insta shots a night elven ambush with one multi shot, and though she dies, she takes them all with her. Or have you forgotten that AStrannar gets destroyed. Or Stonetalon gets bombed, or the night elf base at Nijel points again, a couple of blood elves use an adventurer and the reseasrch they get to decimate that base.

Or do you want to compare how many zones were as messed up by the cataclysm like Darkshore - or do you not want to tell me that Night elves don't get beat a lot and are fine?

Where are their numbers on the Broken Shore? or on the Broken Isles? WHere is this amazing fine army?

They don't have enough - i know that because I asked those same questions, as to why the night elves weren't leading the charge against the Legion in the first place.. where were we relying on Dalaran, Thrall, Varian, Sylvannas and Genn -

you know where Tyrande shows up? a quest to rescue her husband... "Damsel in distress", Malfurion gets rescued after the nightmare has wrecked havoc on the world, he can't even think of saving his people now because Azeroth is in distress (it's the right call) the titan may be nascent, but it's soul is where it's psychie and mind is, poison the soul and the titan will turn out dark for sure if the Legion doesn't destroy its body first, off course he has to prioritise the nightmare first, not to mention the nightmare have made fast work of the druids, most of the ones in Valsharah are night elven ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I love how melodramatic this thread is. One small group has resource problems on isolated continent - entire race is fucked.

I think we are at this point of "Its happening" that all we can do is strip naked and listen to "prophet's song" by queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    They are a mortal race after all, but it does not only affect them, take a look at dragons the pinnacle of the worlds defenders, doomed to extinction, blood elves who took a generous beating during the third war and bc and if they actually loose anything meaningful again they are extinct, goblins lost Khezzan and the vast majority of their population went with it. Gnomes played around with radiation and as a consequence are almost gone and to this day don't have their capital back, Trolls have been beaten so far into the ground, that only those in the horde seem to be the only hope for their species to hang on, the Draenei on Azeroth are nearly wiped out by the legion etc.

The night elves suffer a lot, but they suffer so much because they can still take this kind of beating, so many other races are already so close to the brink that if they take that kind of hit, it might be game over for them.
    it still sucks to see only beatings all the time ... i keep hoping to see some good news or some thing awesome for a change. I've liked night elves since i first read about them, i was seduced. Blizzard gave such nice descriptions of their pre-sundering world before Azshara went crazy, then they built such wonders around them, arcane and nature - when i saw them in WC3 i was like wow, this is amazing I can't wait to see what their arcane side will be like when they get it back. this is going to be an amazing race, they're going to be so awesome. .....

Such is the mind of an 11 year old huh. MEH !! Growing up, keep looking for some of that awesomeness, not found, only beatings, .. keep seeing everyone under the Azerothan sun come and go, their awesomness showcased - often at the hands of the very night elves, look at how badass orcs and blood elves look despite their losses, most of that badass has come in how they've whooped night elven ass, not all of it, but some of it anyway. Humans, even worgen. goblins.

sure everyone's lost something, but they've all also gotten cool stuff, they've also been shown to be badass too, amazing things have happened.

I'm waiting for the night elves amazing things to happen,... glad to see Suramar and an arcane night elven civilization, it also is been shat on - oh evil night elf magic users they are either crack addicts completely corrupted or covorting with demons and as Afrisaibi declared, we are going to wipe them ALL OUT !! and if they survive it seems that this is not going to be related to them at all, yeah, so their arcane stuff is been taken away and made something else. .. if the nightborne don't get smashed, good for them, cos if they join the night elves, they're going to be shat on.

So where is the amazing stuff going to come from? where is the badass going to come from? hey night elves are amazing because Malfurion is a mary sue, or Illidan is the chosen one does not an awesome race make. It just means that Malfurion is a mary sue and Illidan is the chosen one. Even the blood elves seem to be the strong arm of the demon hunter wing. Afterall, they have been proven an shown to be the superior race every time.

This is ALL the legion's fault. the Night elves are totally overwhelmed, don't have the power or resources to be able to fight the fights they need to fight, and funnily enough they are the ones that are written to have the integrity to stay steadfast and true to the cause, it's what I also loved of Thalyssra and the nightborne/nightfallen resistance, they reminded me so much of the night elves pressed in on every side, so much going against them but choosing not to surrender to the evil around them, but even though it cost them, they go on.. this was what it was like in the war of the ancients when the story of Tyrande/Malfurion/Illidan was told, Thalyssra/Lunastre/Oculeth remind me of that so much... but that story ends with a victory, but barely,

for once can they gain something amazing, or have a serious wining streak of something. Can something nice, amazing come their way. I don't expect them to ever have an empire like pre-sundering times, that's going to be human and orcs, we all know that, but i at least hoped they'll recapture at least some of the full amazingness of both the arcane wonder period and the nature wonder period, maybe have their small pockets somewhere where they rebuilt amazing cities like pre-sundering times and amazing forests like vigil times.

but it's a worthless expectation. gosh, i'm an adult and getting emo over fantasy.. disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I love how melodramatic this thread is. One small group has resource problems on isolated continent - entire race is fucked.

I think we are at this point of "Its happening" that all we can do is strip naked and listen to "prophet's song" by queen.
    okay, I'm been a bit of a drama queen here. Still though, they are fucked. This is what it is. f**d, f**d, f**d big time. The Legion's facerolling them, pissing and shatting over them

Deleted
    okay, I'm been a bit of a drama queen here. Still though, they are fucked. This is what it is. f**d, f**d, f**d big time. The Legion's facerolling them, pissing and shatting over them
    Agreed, they shouldn't have abandoned arcane magic or imprisoned Illidan, they f**d up big time and I am laughing my ass off since I am an Illidan fan

7+ Year Old Account

stop trying to make lore... wardens are left to die all the time, they are seen as countless warriors... and these are the wardens of the broken shore, we are too busy fighting a war to go help them out... you have to remember these wardens were left on a island all on their own, and left to defend ilidan for 10k years, never to leave the tomb... just as trapped as illidan... you make it out as if they are royal? the night elves are FINE they 2 and a half very lush zones of their own, one of those zones HUGE

might aswell say "im poor, so my whole country must be poor"
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Night Elves are mid-transition in essentially rejoining the mortal races after the loss of the World Tree (and their immunity to age, disease, etc.) Following the War of the Ancients, the Sundering, and the War of the Satyr they were already few in number. Add to that the fact that essential immortality never does much for a race's long term in terms of propagation - they rejoined the ranks of mortals with a relatively small population, in a time of war and strife. I think the Night Elves' prospects for long term survival are pretty low, all in all; but that doesn't mean I want to see them go. They need a population explosion and soon if they're to be a viable race going forward, and their relative exposed position in Kalimdor doesn't help matters as only the Draenei, also a race of vanishingly small population, is near their major territory. The Night Elves sit between the Tauren and the Orcs of the Horde, in a precarious place given the state of relations between the two factions, and I doubt the Draenei would even the odds if the Horde opted to wipe them out.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Night Elves are mid-transition in essentially rejoining the mortal races after the loss of the World Tree (and their immunity to age, disease, etc.) Following the War of the Ancients, the Sundering, and the War of the Satyr they were already few in number. Add to that the fact that essential immortality never does much for a race's long term in terms of propagation - they rejoined the ranks of mortals with a relatively small population, in a time of war and strife. I think the Night Elves' prospects for long term survival are pretty low, all in all; but that doesn't mean I want to see them go. They need a population explosion and soon if they're to be a viable race going forward, and their relative exposed position in Kalimdor doesn't help matters as only the Draenei, also a race of vanishingly small population, is near their major territory. The Night Elves sit between the Tauren and the Orcs of the Horde, in a precarious place given the state of relations between the two factions, and I doubt the Draenei would even the odds if the Horde opted to wipe them out.
    Agreed, good points here. No need to be all doom and gloom. Blizzard might write them up like they did with the blood elves. Maybe things like the return of Suramar, the nightborne, Illidan could really light a fire within them, give em hope - the nightborne do show a night elven civilization that didn't abuse magic or behave recklessly with it unlike the Shen'drelar - their source did get a corruption but at least it wasn't because of magical abuse or recklessness or greed - that would encourage them if Thalyssra's people succeed in saving the city.

Also Illidan's revelations would be HUGE .. they were under the false premise that the Well of Eternity and using magic for spells was why all this evil descended. they thought Illidan was working for the Legion and that's why he restored the Well of Eternity - cos they thought he wanted to call them back - they didn't believe he was trying to help or that he didn't betray them - because he killed people after forming the lake - they had no idea that because of what he had become there would be moments of loss of control.

But he really shows that using magic for spells was never the real problem. The legion had been looking for Azeroth anyway, would have found her even if the elves didn't exist, and ofc stopping to use magic for spells was never going to stop them returning. That's a lot of guilt they've been holding in, adding to no night elf based group using magic responsible till they meet the nightborne, cos even though Estulan and a handful of Shend'relar were uncorrupted the majority of that group got corrupted by Immol'thar - they were irresponsible to trap a demon just to continue their lifestyle - but when you think about it, they at least had a city intact - the Vigil group on Hyjal had thought everything destroyed either by demons or the sundering and nothing but ruins - would they have been so willing to devote whole hearted to druidism and the sacred call if they could have gotten some of their lives back? Probably, but at least it shows something.

Maybe the nightborne would be that population explosion. I'm half thinking that the Blood elves are going to get a population explosion with Alleria's return -she's been away for about 40 years, but 1000 years has passed where she's been, wanna bet that it was her and her husband and an entire group of largely high elves but some humans too that went there, they've had 1000 years to grow and develop, if this happens, then that would be another source of population growth to the blood elf race. it would probably be a new faction of blood elf - I doubt they'll call themselves high elves, but they'd be high elves, half elves and humans so that would add to Silvermoon's numbers because Alleria would definitely want to re-connect with her people. I'm fantasizing here ofc, for all I know, only Alleria and Turalyon were there, but that sounds ridiculous, if 1k years has passed for you where you are, you're not going to be just you two. So I reckon they're going to retcon a little or rather just add and say it was an entire garrison of soldiers, majority of which were high elven which is why Outland has a lot more humans and only about 3-5 high elves in the Allerian Stronghold - because most went with Alleria and Turalyon.

but we'll see.

Eh. Every opportunity Blizzard has to show Blood Elves being good at magic, they scrap in favor of making them look like idiots in order to make the humans look good at magic.

The last time Blood Elves were shown to be good at magic was in Azshara in Cataclysm when one master Blood Elf magister was able to outsmart a bunch of rookie night elf mages who'd only been studying under the Highborne for a few months at best. Obviously. As if anyone would think that an essential kindergartener would be able to read and write better than a doctorate professor of literature.

Isle of Thunder only showed hundreds/thousands of years old Blood Elf magi being able to compete with 30-year old human magi, so I wouldn't call that a plus.

Considering magic is supposed to be their main thing, along with being good rangers, and the Farstriders are whipped by the Silver Covenant in Legion, while the Blood Elves' magi are either ground into the mud as shortsighted, reckless, and stupid, to make superman-mary-sue-in-the-Tanaan-Jungle-opening-Khadgar look cool, and to give Alliance who told AU draenei that the Blood Elves were bad a "seeeee, I tooooold you~~~~~" moment, or they're completely overlooked by a braindead garrison commander who thinks they should travel halfway across the continent to ask for help from the Kirin Tor who showed their true colors in MoP, rather than just have the Blood Elves connect their arcane sanctum.

I wouldn't call the Blood Elves awesome in today's lore by any stretch.

Every race has done very little but die since WoW began.

Not just Night Elves.

Unfortunately, humans and orcs get to look strong as compensation for dying a lot. Other races just get to look like the orcs/humans' incompetent helper monkeys.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-07-14 at 11:34 PM.

This whole game is a big status quo lock dude, no faction can ever be in particularly dire straits until World of Warcraft ends.
    If you're going to take game mechanics that far to talk about how the Night Elves are doomed, you might as well take that logical last step too.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    stop trying to make lore... wardens are left to die all the time, they are seen as countless warriors... and these are the wardens of the broken shore, we are too busy fighting a war to go help them out... you have to remember these wardens were left on a island all on their own, and left to defend ilidan for 10k years, never to leave the tomb... just as trapped as illidan... you make it out as if they are royal? the night elves are FINE they 2 and a half very lush zones of their own, one of those zones HUGE

might aswell say "im poor, so my whole country must be poor"
    Lush environments? what lush environments do they have? The only zone they have is Teldrassil, they supposedly control darkshore but that's a mess --- the rest is clearly not in their hands - with the Cenarion circle controlling most of the north, the horde tauren and orcs dominating Ashenvale/stonetalon mountain & Feralas certainly not all night elven. Desolace they had their base KO'd so that leaves nothing. the middle patch again is Cenarion Circle - Tauren led, the other base is a Troll village. Azsuna is a pile of ruins, Val'sharah is druid land and also wrecked by the nightmare. Suramar is nightborne land - the moonguard a wiped out, and they were never part of the night elf group anyway.

So where is this lush environment that they have?

-yes, i'm a bit emo atm, but show me.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    snip
    a lot of head canon or fanfic here. I'll warn you right here, stop looking for hopeful endings for night elves, if you're emotionally invested get out now. For 14 years i've been following this and looking and waiting - every time without fail this races either disappoints or fails to perform. If they survive, nothing amazing comes out of it, they always end up worse off than they were So they've already lost their magic, their immortality, their other boons - and no the dragon blessings didn't restore immunity to disease or elements etc I checked, they're still frail and sick in Wolfheart.

they are losing their Well of Eternity just at the time they started using magic again huh - so much good it did them and are being over run. Meanwhile someone points out earlier, humans, orcs etc have also had losses too, yeah, but they've grown too incredibly, humans have come up from burnt down Stormwind, plagued Lordaeron and are all over the world, despite their losses they keep getting stronger, Orcs were slaves at the end of WC2, sure they've had losses, since but look at them, a world power. Tauren were on the verge of extinction - now they got zones, cities, discovered 3 sub-race groups of them in 3 different continents. Darkspears were rescued from destruction by Thrall having to leave their ancestral lands, now look at them, Echo isles, horde leadership till Vol'jin dies, but before he does that he got back Zul'Gurub.

What do night elves do when they win? they lose more stuff, they get weaker more and more, the evidence points at that.. not wishful thinking or hoping of some recovery or salvation. The guy above me thinks they have stuff.. no they don't, they once did, but they've lost it all, they only got Teldrassil effectively. Yeah, once they covered the world. But from their story start it's been down hill, from the world to the sundering, a little rise over 10k years, but now all going way..

7+ Year Old Account
    Lush environments? what lush environments do they have? The only zone they have is Teldrassil, they supposedly control darkshore but that's a mess --- the rest is clearly not in their hands - with the Cenarion circle controlling most of the north, the horde tauren and orcs dominating Ashenvale/stonetalon mountain & Feralas certainly not all night elven. Desolace they had their base KO'd so that leaves nothing. the middle patch again is Cenarion Circle - Tauren led, the other base is a Troll village. Azsuna is a pile of ruins, Val'sharah is druid land and also wrecked by the nightmare. Suramar is nightborne land - the moonguard a wiped out, and they were never part of the night elf group anyway.

So where is this lush environment that they have?

-yes, i'm a bit emo atm, but show me.

a lot of head canon or fanfic here. I'll warn you right here, stop looking for hopeful endings for night elves, if you're emotionally invested get out now. For 14 years i've been following this and looking and waiting - every time without fail this races either disappoints or fails to perform. If they survive, nothing amazing comes out of it, they always end up worse off than they were So they've already lost their magic, their immortality, their other boons - and no the dragon blessings didn't restore immunity to disease or elements etc I checked, they're still frail and sick in Wolfheart.

they are losing their Well of Eternity just at the time they started using magic again huh - so much good it did them and are being over run. Meanwhile someone points out earlier, humans, orcs etc have also had losses too, yeah, but they've grown too incredibly, humans have come up from burnt down Stormwind, plagued Lordaeron and are all over the world, despite their losses they keep getting stronger, Orcs were slaves at the end of WC2, sure they've had losses, since but look at them, a world power. Tauren were on the verge of extinction - now they got zones, cities, discovered 3 sub-race groups of them in 3 different continents. Darkspears were rescued from destruction by Thrall having to leave their ancestral lands, now look at them, Echo isles, horde leadership till Vol'jin dies, but before he does that he got back Zul'Gurub.

What do night elves do when they win? they lose more stuff, they get weaker more and more, the evidence points at that.. not wishful thinking or hoping of some recovery or salvation. The guy above me thinks they have stuff.. no they don't, they once did, but they've lost it all, they only got Teldrassil effectively. Yeah, once they covered the world. But from their story start it's been down hill, from the world to the sundering, a little rise over 10k years, but now all going way..
    they control all of teldrassil, quite lush, darkshore i would count as half, same with felwood, then they also control half of ashenvale, and controling a good deal of ferals

please how are the orcs better off? they control.... a desert... another desert.... half a woods... and uh... a flooded desert? then a ruined beach?

so please stop trying to make your own fan fiction that the "night elves have no future" because a small faction of abandonded night elves are dying out on the broken isles, covered in demons...

you laugh at him for "head cannon" meanwhile your whole argument is head cannon...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good